FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Throwdown on the Food Network

ylmun
Ok,

Cooking Show Geek topic here. If you don't like it, move along.

Here in the US, we have the Food Network which is just a lot of food and cooking shows...and it's successful, believe it or not.

They have a new show, Throwdown with Bobby Flay. Bobby Flay, in my opinion, is one of the worst hacks ever to appear on the food network. I don't like his restaurants and in some of the past shows he's starred in, he acts obnoxious and contemptuous towards the people he's talking to. Plus some of the food he cooks on his shows don't look good at all (anyone see the Turkey Battle on Iron Chef America?).

BUT...His new show, Throwdown is pretty entertaining...I think it's because it's not him that's the center of attention. Basically, he finds out the de facto best cook in a certain food or cuisine(past examples: BBQ, Wedding Cakes, Pizza, Chili...) and he challenges them to a surprise cooking contest between him and them, a "throwdown" if you will.

I've only seen Bobby win once, but he does try his best, even if he does seem cantankerous to his assistants. Who knows? I might even try his restaurants again, but I will not go to Bolo(one of his restaurants).