FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Damn!!! Severe and LOngest DownTime i ever had!!

charlo_blade123
well i've been experiencing several downtimes EVERYDAY and at this moment DOWNTIME LASTS FOREVER, i mean its 10 mins already but still my site is down!

Come on! whats with the server!!!???
SlowWalkere
I'm having the same problem. I haven't been able to access my site for about a half hour or so.

I'm on server 2. I noticed that I can log into the control panel using the ip address (instead of the named address) and view the files as html. But I can't connect to mysql (through phpmyadmin) and none of the sites pages load normally. Also, I was able to upload some files through ftp.

A similar problem happened a week or two ago, and someone said that some maintenance was being done on the server which was hogging memory and could cause downtime. If this is the problem again, could we get some warning (perhaps an announcement on the forums) so that we have an idea how long the server is going to be down/disrupted? It's quite frustrating to be unable to access the site and not know how long the problem will last or why it is occuring.

- Walkere
SpellcasterDX
Yea, I had the exact same problem like an hour ago. It went down for like 10-20 minutes.
charlo_blade123
Yeah... We Demand Announcements... Very Happy

or maybe its not because of maintainance.. its caused by POOR server? what you think?

Server 2 as where i am in Has Occured Several Downtimes for Days and some last for minutes/hours...

can we change server? go to server 3 or 1 perhaps.

Very Happy btw, im not mad, just frustrated. Very Happy
Ratman2050
charlo_blade123 wrote:
Yeah... We Demand Announcements... Very Happy

or maybe its not because of maintainance.. its caused by POOR server? what you think?

Server 2 as where i am in Has Occured Several Downtimes for Days and some last for minutes/hours...

can we change server? go to server 3 or 1 perhaps.

Very Happy btw, im not mad, just frustrated. Very Happy

Why would you make server 3? That would make more of a hassle.
Shake
I am on server two and my site has been down for approx. four hours straight today. It was down this morning for a bit too. Yesterday it was down for quite a while also. I went away for a bit today and decided to come back later to check on my site. Still down, and it's been at least four hours.

I can still login to DirectAdmin, and use FTP, but I was busy configuring my forums and had no idea that a downtime would occur, so if this was planned, I agree, we need some kind of annoucement. I don't even remember what I was doing at the time.

I think a third server would be a great idea if it helps take away from these downtimes we've been experiencing lately.
charlo_blade123
so.. any response from the admin or staff???

any problem occuring from the server???
devroom
charlo_blade123 wrote:
so.. any response from the admin or staff???

any problem occuring from the server???

dude relax. In our time zone we were all sleeping, including bondings. And he is the only one who can change settings of the server.
Anyway my site seems to be running fine.
You just have to wait.
charlo_blade123
yeah.. sorry.. hehehhe
cloudship
sometimes the 2222 port is still accessible.

so what i do it to deploy the site or write text direct to the database, and in several hours my site is again back.

but the stability of the server is real a problem, hope to be improved soon.
Bondings
It's most likely the server backup causing this. It started like half an hour before you posted this. And because I'm sleeping then I never noticed that it's causing problems. I changed it now to once every 3 days, hope that helps at least a bit.
charlo_blade123
Thank you Bondings...

LOVE YOU!!!!

ehhehhee Very Happy