FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Any fans of RISK?

SunTzu
I'm currently hooked on a a computer version of RISK called Lux.

There's a ton of maps available and there are plenty of online players.
supposing
I'm old school, I love the board game. I think it has just the right mix of strategy and chance for an adult (or older kid) party game: enough strategy that you get to think; enough chance that no one feels bad when they lose Smile
joxang
If you've ever played Rome Total War, there's mods available which convert the RTW map into a risk type map.

It combines the complexity of army formation in RTW with the simple conque lands quickly ideas of Risk. You can auto calculate the results of battles or you can fight them out on RTW's amazing rts window.
exarkun
I love Risk very much. Played the Pc version of Risk II and heard that there is a the Lord of the Rings version out there. I might be going to buy it soon. Smile
faker_phil
I always play the board game with friends, it takes us about 3 hours to finish in average. Oh and we dont play the standard, complete your mission game, we play for total WORLD DOMINATION Muhaha
Mrs Lycos
I love the feeling when you're taking over the entire world.... It's not nice when you're on the losing end though.... Crying or Very sad
Eyre
i played this game in AP World History after my AP test Razz. Love the game, maybe i'll try out the pc one.
tbonepat11
I think i might try the PC one out as well...looks promising
exarkun
To be ironic, I have only played the pc version and never had the chance to get my hands on the board ones Crying or Very sad . Only played with the computer before, and didn't know if it is cheating Laughing
RoughitforGreen247
Risk is a great game, I played it so much when i was younger. I didn't know people still played it.