FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Web Hosting at Frihost

Once you have requested free web hosting at Frihost what will be the full domain address given to you.
SpellcasterDX
Umm, I'm not sure what you're asking, but you get a subdomain. yourname.frih.net is the subdomain. Afterwards, you can add-on as many tld domains as you want. (Frihost doesn't register tld domains, they just host them)
NjRocket
the domain names are fine. If you buy a host, you can transfer the domain name.
mathiaus
Your frihost sub-domain will be <your_name>.frih.net . Be aware that your sub-domain doesn't have anything to do with your acount username (unless you want it to). You may register as 'george' but name your site 'books'.frih.net. You can also request for this sub-domain to be changed if you need Smile

You can also add your own domains either by registering one from somewhere else and changing the nameservers to here so you can befit from http web access from your domain and all of our fantastic mail features, or just your A records to experiance the fantastic hosting.
Also unlimited subdomains from both your frih.net sundomain and your other hosted domains Smile
r_y_e_20
once hosted in frihost, am i allowed to register for a new domain from other host? lets say like from www.vvmc.frihost.com to www.vvmc.com

and if this is possible what infos will be needed from frihost in order for me to register for a new domain name. thanks.
Bockman
r_y_e_20 wrote:
once hosted in frihost, am i allowed to register for a new domain from other host? lets say like from www.vvmc.frihost.com to www.vvmc.com

and if this is possible what infos will be needed from frihost in order for me to register for a new domain name. thanks.

Well, I would say.. OOOPS!

We only allow one hosting account per member r_y_e_20.

Be Well Cool
mathiaus
You are only allowed the one account you can however host multiple domains registered from any registrar. You shouldn't ned any details from frihost during domain registration however during configuartion of your domain you will need to set the nameservers to 'ns1.frih.net' and 'ns2.frih.net' and then add the domain in your Direct Admin Control Panel (on Frihost) under the domain setup.
bartdou
Quote:
mathiaus
You can also add your own domains either by registering one from somewhere else and changing the nameservers to here so you can befit from http web access from your domain and all of our fantastic mail features, or just your A records to experiance the fantastic hosting.
Also unlimited subdomains from both your frih.net sundomain and your other hosted domains

How to do this? I have my own domain name,if I change the namesevers to here through DNS I need an IP given by Frihost, but where is this IP?I didn't find Frihost gave it.
Blaster
frihost gives you a shared ip address.
Daniel15
Quote:
How to do this? I have my own domain name,if I change the namesevers to here through DNS I need an IP given by Frihost

These entries should work:
ns1.frih.net - 216.32.85.170
ns2.frih.net - 216.32.85.171

Please post any further questions in the 'Web Hosting Support' forum Smile