FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

ATI or NVIDIA

Chipset from which brand do u using on u videocard?
ATI
46%
 46%  [ 19 ]
NVIDIA
53%
 53%  [ 22 ]
Total Votes : 41

Forvit
Chipset from which brand do u using on u videocard?
Helios
High end: Both are the same. Maybe ATI will be a bit better with it's x1950xtx

Mid-range: nVidia. Definitely.

Low end: ATI.

2:1 - ATI wins.
I'm using ATI Smile
orno
i thought topics like this were not allowed anymore Razz

oh well, ill choose nvidia just to be different Smile
TheGeek
I voted ATI, however as it stands right now nVidia is the leader by far. However, in the coming months ATI is coming out with the X1950XTX (its a topic in Hardware and Electronics that i made the other day) which will sport the X1900XTX chipset, but will feature DDR4 memory, the benches say that it is FAR FAR better at high resolutions in almost all games out there when compaired to nVidia's top card the 7950GX2.
Helios
If they aren't allowed, then I'm not updated.
Also, if they aren't allowed, another moderator will close this one, Orno Wink Smile
Ah, and I'm still using ATI Cool
ForceRun
Nvidia Total rocks ATi right now. I just haven't seen ATi catch up with Nvidia sence the GeForce 6's. Now before the GeForce 6 is a different story but that was two years ago.
orno
Helios: its not allowed in General Chat...dunno abt here
(http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-3726.html)
psycosquirrel
TheGeek wrote:
However, in the coming months ATI is coming out with the X1950XTX (its a topic in Hardware and Electronics that i made the other day) which will sport the X1900XTX chipset, but will feature DDR4 memory, the benches say that it is FAR FAR better at high resolutions in almost all games out there when compaired to nVidia's top card the 7950GX2.

You actually believed those benchmarks? Let's wait until a reputable site like the [H]ard OCP themselves reviews it. Just like Conroe, the performance increase will have been greatly exaggerated before it is tested mainstream because of idiotic fanboys who want their card to look the best.

I still say NVIDIA now, NVIDIA forever. NVIDIA has always dominated ATI, though with the ATI+AMD merger, things will change. ATI's name may disappear, and AMD will optimize the chips to get cool, quiet GPUs. I think the merger may result in AMD being a better GPU manufacturer than NVIDIA eventually.
Xeniczone
Though isn't as good as ATI yet I still stick with Nvidia.
Tubesock
Been dealing with Nvidia for ages, never had a problem.
Helios
orno wrote:
Helios: its not allowed in General Chat...dunno abt here
(http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-3726.html)

Well, as I can see here, we already have a similar topic stickied.. maybe we should sticky this one too ?

Back to topic:

AMD bought ATI now. So they'll prolly optimize ATI's GPUs to work well with AMD hardware. I guess we'll just have to see how the x1950xtx will show up.
william
It depends on what you want to do with the cards and what model you are referring to.

SLI vs. Crossfire- SLI definitely wins. Even if ATI is using a faster pair of cards, Crossfire won't allow it to perform at its max. When comparing the 7900 GTX with the X1900XTX, ATI does win, but when you bring in multiple cards nVidia is far better. The 7950 GX2 is probably the best card or cards on the market now, especially when it is configured in quad SLI mode.

ATI has the X1950XTX on the way, and as we know of, it will outperform the 7950 GX2. It has DDR4 memory and will beat the 7950 GX2. But, we'll see what happens with multiple cards.

For midrange cards, nVidia is definitely the best choice in terms of both price and performance. For low end cards, go with ATI or just stick with onboard video. (Which is not a good idea when you're going to tasks other than browsing the web, word processing, checking email, etc.)

So, basically for me, it depends on the specific model and exactly what I would like to do. As of now, if I had to pick, I would say nVidia. Though the X1950XTX may change my mind. They are, however, both great cards.
dotnet
Tubesock wrote:
Been dealing with Nvidia for ages, never had a problem.

Quite true! I also always was stuck to NV and never regret. Think NV cards have better hard(chip) and, as many important, better soft(i.e. drivers). So NV is my N1.
Nomad
I'm using Nvidia.
SGbilder
I go for ATI beacause there video-out is better! Difference in games, with some fps more or less, and such things are so small so I really don't care.., but then agin I'm not a hardcoregamer Laughing
justin25514
NVIDIA bacaus i have it to and he works better then a ATI becaus i have 1 but when i was playing a game he crashes !
Panthrowzay
Ati makes a good TV Tunner. wellness navidia is better with 3-D images. ATI has a better frame rate ATI's run better with AMD's. Whille navidia's run better eith intel's. depending on what game you are playing. if you want 3-D look go with Navidia, if you want the realizim look go with ATI. into is up to you, I personally prefer Ati and an AMD over a Navida and an Intel. only thing that I don't like about Navidia cards is that you can't put them in small form factor computers because of the extra PCI slot for colling orpuses. the way of ATI that is not the case.
sush
ATI seems to be more popular with the pro folks who edit videos and work with 3D. Clearly the FireGL series is a good bet in the pro workstation segment.

For gamers,

Nvidia led with 7950GX2 at the top end, let's see what ATI's X1950XTX has to offer.

Nvidia led with 7600GT in midrange, let's see what ATI's X1650 has to offer.

Nvidia lead with 7300GT at the entry level, let's see what ATI's X1300XT has to offer.
ashik
i have used some ATI and some Nvidia cards... from wat i have seen,, i have to go with ATI.. but some say they have some software trouble( i havent seen any big probs yet )... they dont have good driver support in linux... Here Nvidia wins... but i have seen HL2 series running more better in an ATI. than in an Nvidia...

but they are true innovators in thier own right.... Wink
budazz
I used them Both Before but i think Id Go for ATI...I havent seen the new releases of NIVIDIA so i cant say anything to NVIDIA
Teddy1
Yeah someone should post two images comparing nVidia and ATI cards on the same game to show which is best, Then let people take a poll to see which one looks the best. Wink
Ceroianz
coz nvidia can be Overclock and Stabled after overclock espc. fx and gt... but not for Ati.....
bigdbag
I'm using an nVidia 6600 on an nForce 4 chipset. Works like a monster on my asus board and amd 64 3800+.
UWereTheOne
I prefer ATI. Some prefer nVidia. I'm not really quite sure what one is better, I just prefer ATI. Especially now that they're merged with AMD, my preferred choice for processors. Those, on the other hand, I will say AMD is better than Intel
vaishnavsm
I think they stant head to head now..

And BUMP, I want to kno more about this.
vaishnavsm
By the way, ATI does not exist anymore, AMD bought it, i think.
Anyway, all the Vid cards prevsly made by ATI eg Raedon
Are done by AMD now.
lightningleo
ati or nvidia.. i think both works fine for me.. but i like ati. since.. it got higher profile graphics cards at lower costs.. many may not agree to this but.. i've used graphics cards of both companies.. and i didn't recognised any major difference.. but my favor is ati..
sysna
I love NVIDIA with its 3D vision, currently i'm watching everything in 3D and i found that nvidia is a lot better in 3D rather than ATI !
PapaMinouche
Nvidia all the way! Never had any other graphic card, and will never do!
cybersa
nVidia is my choice.
But my dad bought computer with ATI 1gb graphics card.
Sad