FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

FISHING

CCFCExile
Went fishing yesterday and caught a 9lb Common Carp on float fished sweetcorn on a 4lb hooklink. Dead chuffed!!!

My match rod was bent in double. Fanatastic!!!

Took me 25 minuets to land it and it was a great pleasure... That is why my favorite hobby is fishing
jipmerite
That's a good catch.

I am from the Maldives and the beach is just a 10 min walk from any house in the country. I love fishing too though I rarely have much luck. I guess I just don't have the knack for it.

The last time I went fishing, my wife caught all the fish when I failed to hook any after trying for a while. After that my duty was to unhook the fish and put them in a bag. Wife was scared of holding the struggling fish Very Happy
CCFCExile
That sounds about right!!! I have a mate I go fishing with sometimes who is like that, He catches everything bigger and more when we fish together and I usually catch nothing! Whenever I'm on my own or with my kids I tend to catch good fish and I tell him this but I swear he doesn't belive me!!!

check out my website at http://www.nug.frih.net I set it up for my fishing club, we are small but we have fun!

Keep trying to catch the fish and ask the local fishermen for advice.

I'd love to fish somewhere like the Maldeves and catch fish I've never seen before in my life!
jipmerite
Once you see our beaches you'll forget about fishing and just sit on the white sand and ogle at that sunset Razz

But fishing's great too. I think the Resorts will have excursions planned to take enthusiasts to the best fishing spots around.
pennymellow
I've always been curious: what's the appeal of fishing? My parents really enjoy it (my mum especially) and my uncle sometimes goes away on weekend trips. Can anyone tell me why they like to fish?
Wizzap
i heard carp taste like cardboard is that true ? i perfer salt water fishing myself btw
TheStranger
I'm a beginning angler. I fished alot when I was younger and am recently
picking up the sport again.
Anyway I've got this man made lake near my house, it's a park really, and
it has a fountain installed in the center. I know it's stocked with fish, and Ive seen them, but I can't seem to get a single bite! Is the fountain spooking the fish and making them to wary to bite an artificial? Anyone have some advice, or fishing tips for this situation?
If any of you anglers with more experience can help me I'd greatly appreciate it.
meetul
CCFCExile wrote:
Went fishing yesterday and caught a 9lb Common Carp on float fished sweetcorn on a 4lb hooklink. Dead chuffed!!!

My match rod was bent in double. Fanatastic!!!

Took me 25 minuets to land it and it was a great pleasure... That is why my favorite hobby is fishing

I am pure vegetarian and do not do fishing. In fact, I am a member of animal care society and am against any sort of animal killing. Smile
jipmerite
That's a very nice sentiment meetul. I do support you in it. But don't you think your effort will be more well placed in a society or organisation meant to help humans? With so much poverty, hunger, discrimination, disease affecting your fellow humans, don't you think it is better to try to help the humans rather than fish?
jwellsy
TheStranger, that fountain will not spook the fish. In fact they like it, the water spray will increase the O2 level int water around it. During the summer months O2 levels drop due to plant materials and in the winter if a lake freezes over the O2 will drop. Hopefully they will keep the fountain running all winter to keep a hole open in the ice so the fish can get O2.

The base of the fountain will also provide some structure for fish to relate to.

Try using some live bait, like nightcrawler worms. Use a bobber set on you line to hold the bait just a few inches off the bottom.
urangkayo
i don't like fishing, i'll get boring soon if i can get a fish Very Happy

i think this hobbies need more patient for people
lilsmash
Dude I love fishing I live up in Minnesota. Biggest fish I ever caught besides a carp was 8.2lbs. walleye. Out of Season. :(
Keran
I was like fishing once, for few long hours, so eventually i felt asleep. My friend took advantage of it and pushed me to the water, that's why i don't like fishing anymore and i didn't even catched anything that day....
Motoracer380
i love fishing...my first cath was when i was young like maybe 11 years old...a 12 maybe 13 pound catfish..and since nobody was in my way..instead of reeling him ini just pulled everything right out of the water and whipped him into the grass...unfortunatley he wasn't long enough to keep and eat..but first catches are always good nomatter what you got or if you even kept it.
thealpha
I went fishing every week when I was a primary student, however, I do not have time to go fishing now, it is good to hear from you that you have such a good fishing experience.
kla_bor
My very first fish was when I was 7 yrs old
Me and a few m8s snuck onto the local golf course to fish the lake there (you weren't allowed to at that time)
I was sat there fishing while my m8s were out collecting the lost golf balls (they were supposed to be on lookout duty). I hooked into, what was at the time, the biggest fish I had ever seen...... 0.5lb perch spikes up and everything. And as they do, it swallowed the damn hook, and me with no disgorger. I sheepishly went up to the first person I saw and asked if they had one. Only to find he was the groundskeeper. Luckily he did and, after praising me on my first fish, went on to confiscate my rod til I paid 5 fine for fishing the lake
lulu195
My very first fish was when I was 7 yrs old
Me and a few m8s snuck onto the local golf course to fish the lake there (you weren't allowed to at that time)
I was sat there fishing while my m8s were out collecting the lost golf balls (they were supposed to be on lookout duty). I hooked into, what was at the time, the biggest fish I had ever seen...... 0.5lb perch spikes up and everything. And as they do, it swallowed the damn hook, and me with no disgorger. I sheepishly went up to the first person I saw and asked if they had one. Only to find he was the groundskeeper. Luckily he did and, after praising me on my first fish, went on to confiscate my rod til I paid 5 fine for fishing the lake
plusnettr
Ok. Good dea.
Very cool fishing...
Thank You.
arkebuzer
I enjoy fishing too. Even though I rarely get any fish its nice to just spend some time with a friend, chat, drink beer, and once in a while get a good sized fish Smile