FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Any Gorillaz Fans Here?

Do you like them?
Yes, I do!
76%
 76%  [ 16 ]
No, I dont like them.
23%
 23%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 21

postmysite.com
Who here likes the Gorillaz? I like the Demon Days album with DARE.
kazikame
They're a bit too varied in my opinion. They have something for everyone, but i don't think it's possible for someone to completely appreciate everything. For example, I love Feel Good Inc, but DARE is too pop-ish for my liking Cool

Otherwise, they're good.
cyph33r
I really liked their first song, Clint Eastwood when it came out, but most of the other stuff on their first album was not that great - all a bit too random.
Feel Good Inc. is a great song - haven't really heard much more of their new album.
rightclickscott
kazikame wrote:
They're a bit too varied in my opinion. They have something for everyone, but i don't think it's possible for someone to completely appreciate everything.

But that's exactly why I love the Gorillaz. I have a very varied taste in music, and I love the Gorillaz because they can satisfy all of my tastes. My girlfriend only has the songs that were turned into music videos, but I have both of their cds right next to me, and I have been a gigantic fan since Clint Eastwood. I actually have alittle story, I was invited to do an animated video, but I had to turn it down, because I didn't have goddamn artist at the time, it was terrible.
Calemb
Yeah, I like Gorillaz too. Demon Days is Great. From this album i like Feel good inc. and Kids with guns. I think this CD is better than first Smile
Dj_SkAzI
I They Cool
jds10912
bleh, one of my friends is a big fan, but i dont really like them all that much
i do find it kind of wierd that they are an animated techno band, but maybe that is just me
however, i do like feel good inc.

btw are there real people that are "in the band" or is it all computer generated stuff, because i do not think that i have ever seen them in any pictures or anything like that.
rightclickscott
jds10912 wrote:
btw are there real people that are "in the band" or is it all computer generated stuff, because i do not think that i have ever seen them in any pictures or anything like that.

They're real people, I've seen them in person. I watched part of a documentary about them because it was late at night, and I usually spend my nights gaming, but really, they're real people. The just prefer the animation because it goes well with the digitally created music. Noodle does a great job mixing their music.

What I do like, though, is that the rappers usually aren't in the Gorillaz, but are solo artists, such as possibly my favorite, MF Doom did the song "November Has Come" on the Demon Days album.
kikass
nah.. i dont like them... except for just one track... feel good!
ItsWesley
Yeah I like Gorillaz but they aren't my favourite group.
noirame
rightclickscott wrote:
jds10912 wrote:

They're real people, I've seen them in person. I watched part of a documentary about them because it was late at night, and I usually spend my nights gaming, but really, they're real people. The just prefer the animation because it goes well with the digitally created music. Noodle does a great job mixing their music.

What I do like, though, is that the rappers usually aren't in the Gorillaz, but are solo artists, such as possibly my favorite, MF Doom did the song "November Has Come" on the Demon Days album.

O_O Um...no. They are not real people. They are cartoons. There are no actual 4 people behind them.

Gorillaz is consisted of 50-60 people who work on forming the Gorillaz. You may be thinking about Jamie Hewlett (creator of "Tank Girl") and Damon Albarn (lead singer for Blur). They are not the band. They've said so themselves. Damon just does the singing voice for the leadsinger, 2-D. Everything else is hired voice actors.

Therefore, it'd be impossible for you to have seen them in person. =_=

Noodle does not actually mix their music. She is a cartoon. The music is mixed by other people, but they are trying to disconnect the cartoon characters from any real people at the moment. Jamie and Damon are leaving the band, but they've recently had the Gorillaz characters rebelling against them, so they're trying to bring these cartoon characters "to life", as it were.

They get guest artists to help them work on the music. The whole point is the beauty of a group of artistic people coming together to help create something that will last the ages.

I'm a HUGE fan of Gorillaz. I'm not just a "little" fan. I'm a HUGE fan, and I flat out know everything there is to know about Gorillaz (just ask me). According to the recent official Gorillaz paternity test, I have an 86% chance of being Murdoc Nicall's daugter. I want a website for my group of Gorillaz loving friends, so that's why I'm here! ^_^

By the way, no. No, they are NOT random. =_= Their lyrics have actual meaning. People just don't like to take the time to understand them.
halflife28
Meh, I don't like them. They're too rockish for me. I don't classify their music as hip hop as many music sites do.
indeedwrestling
Gorillaz are the best cartoon band around... well, next to Josie & the Pussycats.
xkobram
noirame wrote:
rightclickscott wrote:
jds10912 wrote:

O_O Um...no. They are not real people. They are cartoons. There are no actual 4 people behind them.

Gorillaz is consisted of 50-60 people who work on forming the Gorillaz. You may be thinking about Jamie Hewlett (creator of "Tank Girl") and Damon Albarn (lead singer for Blur). They are not the band. They've said so themselves. Damon just does the singing voice for the leadsinger, 2-D. Everything else is hired voice actors.

Noodle does not actually mix their music. She is a cartoon. The music is mixed by other people, but they are trying to disconnect the cartoon characters from any real people at the moment. Jamie and Damon are leaving the band, but they've recently had the Gorillaz characters rebelling against them, so they're trying to bring these cartoon characters "to life", as it were.

They get guest artists to help them work on the music. The whole point is the beauty of a group of artistic people coming together to help create something that will last the ages.

I'm a HUGE fan of Gorillaz. I'm not just a "little" fan. I'm a HUGE fan, and I flat out know everything there is to know about Gorillaz (just ask me). According to the recent official Gorillaz paternity test, I have an 86% chance of being Murdoc Nicall's daugter. I want a website for my group of Gorillaz loving friends, so that's why I'm here! ^_^

By the way, no. No, they are NOT random. =_= Their lyrics have actual meaning. People just don't like to take the time to understand them.

Wow i didnt know about it, you know much about music a i think...
noirame
halflife28 wrote:
Meh, I don't like them. They're too rockish for me. I don't classify their music as hip hop as many music sites do.

No. They started their own genre called "zombie hiphop". Also they do a lot of dub music. ^^
noirame
indeedwrestling wrote:
Gorillaz are the best cartoon band around... well, next to Josie & the Pussycats.

Laughing Josie and the Pussycats are great! Too bad I didn't like their live action movie, though. =_=

I have my own cartoon band that is in it's early stages of developement. It's called Indigo Buzz. =) I do all the artwork for it!

www.myspace.com/indigobuzz Enjoy!
Monkeydog
I really like the Gorillaz, I used to sing M1A1 every day for about a month, annoyed the hell out of my friends. =P

Demon Days is one of my favourite albums...ever...and Latin Simone is a very sexy song.
Jaime
Gorillaz are a cool band but only i like first album (clint eastwood, 19-2000, etc), this last album suck one... Confused
halflife28
noirame wrote:
halflife28 wrote:

No. They started their own genre called "zombie hiphop". Also they do a lot of dub music. ^^

I guess I would have to check their music out alot further, but my taste lies more into hip hop from the major cities. Like Ice Cube, Mos Def, Talib Kweli, etc.

I just hope it isn't Acid Rap sounding like that fool Esham tried to put out.
m_furquan36
I love them they are great..love the demon dayz album in which dare totally rocks Very Happy
anathema
Yes, they are great! But I Love only the 1st CD!
mabuhay
I like a couple of their songs but I can only stand to listen to them for a couple times until I feel like throwing up.
anxiety1
there really good!

really orignal and mix everything up so everyone can like them
rightclickscott
noirame wrote:
rightclickscott wrote:
jds10912 wrote:

Thanks for the info.
ignition
Dude who doesn't like Feels Good Inc.? Of course there are Gorillaz fans in here, fool!! <3 tha Gorillazz
noirame
rightclickscott wrote:
noirame wrote:
rightclickscott wrote:
jds10912 wrote:

Thanks for the info.

You're welcome! =D
noirame
ignition wrote:
Dude who doesn't like Feels Good Inc.? Of course there are Gorillaz fans in here, fool!! <3 tha Gorillazz

*high fives* You rock!
s0ngs
Feel Good is just so-so, kinda annoying actually.

Probably the best and coolest song is Rhinestone Eyes
chartcentral
When I first read the thread title, I already started singing "I ain't happy, I'm feeling glad..." So that means the Gorillaz already have a spot in my musical brain with their song "Clint Eastwood." Smile
rocking
Yes, I like the Gorillaz - they are one of my favourite Alternative Rock Bands,
I know they since there song 19-2000 (Soulchild Remix) appeared in FIFA 2002.
In my opinion this is the best song in Fifa games seria ever.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUAKPkGCamo
tingkagol
Check out Del the Funky Homosapien on Youtube. You can find a video there when he did a freestyle for G4TV, and I must say, the dude can rap.
Blummer
Though I generally listen to other kind of music, Gorillaz are in my favorites. A very amazing mix of styles, good collaborations, some outstanding tracks - El Manana, Empire ants and oldie Tomorrow comes today...and more.