FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

mosquito bites, ich or pain?

Saber
Hey, well I tend to be biten up all over but I found that if I cut the bite just enough to cause some pain im able to deal with it. While if it itches then I just go nuts,

Anyway, my question is, Am I just weird or odd... or are there other people that would rather have small amounts of pain over an ich?
Ratman2050
Saber wrote:
Hey, well I tend to be biten up all over but I found that if I cut the bite just enough to cause some pain im able to deal with it. While if it itches then I just go nuts,

Anyway, my question is, Am I just weird or odd... or are there other people that would rather have small amounts of pain over an ich?

I tried cutting it. It hurts as helll! oh well itch is not a problem fore me. i usualyl put ice and it goes away.
Saber
Quote:
It hurts as helll!

what did you use? and not relly cuttin far... just ever so slightly.

Quote:
i usualyl put ice and it goes away.

huh, I never thought about that.... I guess that would be a better Idea...
SusieSmacktard
I hate mosquito bites. I usually scratch so feverishly that I tear up the skin and end up bleeding anyway, so maybe I should try cutting my next bite...
Blaster
I ich untill it breaks open. Then it feels good. I think it releases the posions in the thing. So then it feels better. Very Happy
jipmerite
I don't have much of a problem with mosquito bites. When I am in a group they might be eating the others alive but somehow they leave me alone. I guess there is some factor in our blood that attracts them to some people more than others.
Hammy
Lol!.. you cut it? with a knife? geez.

I usually just bite it really hard till the stuff come out, then it's alright.. unless it's somewhere i cant bite lol.. then i'll just put up with it, cause im usually in the middle of nowhere when i get mosquitoe bites. lol
kd5nrh
Mosquitoes don't bather me long enough to do much about. Some ants, OTOH, I soak the bites in water hot enough to be painful, but not hot enough to do any real damage; the pain is enough to override the itch for a while. Anything that actually forms blisters, I scratch until the blisters break, then clean it up really well with alcohol. The sting is more tolerable than serious itching as well.
jipmerite
Man, you guys are describing a mosquito bite like it was a bee sting Laughing
Saber
Quote:
Man, you guys are describing a mosquito bite like it was a bee sting
well one thing that I do understand is that different people are effected differently. Some swell up more some ich more. (its just how allergic you are to it)
So, it might not bother you alot but it really bothers me.. and like I said before, I think that its a little odd that I can deal with pain more than ich.. or numb for that matter.
Code of Ruin
Funny to read how some people get all worked up about something as trivial as a mosquito bite. Usually I am not bitten by the little creatures but when I am bitten, I just leave the bite. If you cut it open the itch will greately increase when healing and it takes longer for a gap in the skin to close then just for a little bite to disappear. Plus you get the risk of an infection when opening up mosquito bites. Show some spine, endure the itch. It only lasts a couple of hours.
Saber
Quote:
Show some spine, endure the itch. It only lasts a couple of hours.
I wish that that would be an option, but from your comments you seem to be one of the lucky people who arnt as allergic to it...

its a strech but in my mind its like saying to someones whos allergic to nuts to just deal with it and eat nuts... but yah.. thats a far strech.
jongoldsz
I hate mosquito bites. I just try not to itch them and eventually they go away.
shizoo
it's itching me more than pain. Just leave it like that and look at something that interest you. Shocked And then it just goes away. If it's too much i use my nail and squeeze it a little more than scratching it.
HoboPelican
It's a minor thing to me, but I know it can drive some people crazy. Everybody is different, right? All I will say is that if you are going to be biting it open or cutting it, you might want to think about sterilizing it and covering it afterward. You just want to be careful about infections, ya know?
bdoneck
if you press your fingernail into the bite and make a cross pattern, it helps stop the itch for a little bit. I find it much more relieving than constantly scratching