FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Free Domain - See inside for requirements.

Vanquish
Well, I know there is countless posts on this topic, but after viewing quite a few, I still couldn't find what I want. So i'll explain here.
- Must have NO advertising whatsoever.
- Must not require banners on pages, but I am willing to link it on the designated links/affiliates page.
- Must be easy to use, as i'm fairly new to this stuff.
- Must be free.
- Must not have spam or unsuitable things on it.
- Must sound proffesional.

I think .frih.net is alright, it's just that frih sounds like free, so your customers get the impression that it was free, even though it was, i'd rather have it look proffesional.

Neal
Traveller
This one appears to fit the bill, but you should obviously check it out very carefully before signing up, to avoid any hidden charges.

If everything else on the site is legit, then the only question might be whether you consider their domains to sound "professional" or not. According to their FAQ, here are the domains they offer:
Quote:

Good luck!
Vanquish
Yes, I used to have a domain with them guys, I can't remember what it was like though, I think it had adverts (that you could just click "x" on the side), but it makes a site look very unproffesional. If I did go with this company, i'm not sure which domain type i'd go for, probably .co.uk.tt, but i'm not sure.

Neal
iflash
If you find some REALLY FREE, cry it out loud.
surfing a little WWW.YOURNAME.CO.NR is an option, just a image link to them
mwasimba
Shocked Why not depend on frihost, I think their one of the most unique service providers out here. Besides a domain name rarely costs more than $10. If you are really in need of one then maybe you can try the microsoft hosting solution they do offer free domains, i have used them for some time, but the space and limitations were not favourable for my project.
scotty
iflash wrote:
If you find some REALLY FREE, cry it out loud.
surfing a little WWW.YOURNAME.CO.NR is an option, just a image link to them

They don't check the image link, I haven't had one on my site for about 6 months and they don't care!
reddishblue
well if you want to sound really pro and have coustomers then just pay up for a TLD the free ones are mostly for those without credit cards of Paypal accounts (like me) Laughing .
So if your running a real buisiness then just get a TLD
hostingguy
^^ if you need a pro, just buy a tld they are not expensive you can get a .info for as low as $5.99. but if you need a so called subdomain you can get
much domains @ afraid.org. Smile
kucomp
Has anyone been able to get a domain from these guys? http://opendomain.org/ I asked for a domain before from them, and I got a reply back asking for more details. So I replied, but they never replied back to me. Sad
awesty
you can get a .info or .org for about 3 USD here: http://www.optinom.com

the .com and .net etc domains are about 8 USD. I have one with them and they are really good.

you could also try yahoo!. sometime they sell .com's for 3 USD for the first year, but you need to use a credit card.

unless you are completly broke you should be able to buy one. I have a .com and I am only 14, i bought it when i was 13 so most people should be able to afford one. $8 a year it nothing.
pacsey
didn't someone hear about a promotion like for the be domains
reddishblue
pacsey wrote:
didn't someone hear about a promotion like for the be domains

Yeah those are LONG gone Very Happy