FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Doom3 Gamers Here?

postmysite.com
Hi, who here likes to play Doom3? I love playing the levels they are very cool and futuristic looking. Even for a small team of game designers it is pretty wild on how creative and smart they are to make that kind of a game.
S3nd K3ys
postmysite.com wrote:
Hi, hwo here likes to play Doom3? I love playing the levels they are very cool and futuristic looking. Even for a small team of game designers it is pretty wild on how creative and smart they are to make that kind of a game.

You should have been around when they did Doom][. That was miles ahead of it's time. I still play it. Doom3 is really good. Scary as all getout. I just wish there were better multiplayer.
postmysite.com
I want to get Doom, but not alot of people sell it anymore so now it is hard to find a local store that has it.
S3nd K3ys
postmysite.com wrote:
I want to get Doom, but not alot of people sell it anymore so now it is hard to find a local store that has it.

You could order it online. Prolly get it a bit cheaper too.
postmysite.com
Yeah, I could. I will think about buying it directly from id software.
Timoses
Doom3 is funny. But I hate the shock moments.
Prey is another cool game.
Pablo Diablo
Doom 3 was fun for a few minutes before I realized how much it cheats. You clear an area, make sure no one in there, move on to th next area, and all the sudeen you are being hit from behind by an enemy that magically appeared behind you. Cheating like that really ruined the game for me because I make it a point to move slowly, cover all my bases, adn use stragety, and it gets ruined by these cheats.

Prey is an example of a game using the Doom 3 engine that tries new things with the shooter genre, with an interesting storyline and new gameplay mechanics.
TonkPilz
before doom3 i whas a hardcore doom 1 and 2 fan but when doom 3 whas relesd as a remake of doom1 i got a bit pissd on howe much thay hurt the story but its still a good game
postmysite.com
I wish someone would make a Doom3 version for the xbox 360 with new maps and stuff. Very Happy
CMA
Pablo Diablo wrote:
Doom 3 was fun for a few minutes before I realized how much it cheats. You clear an area, make sure no one in there, move on to th next area, and all the sudeen you are being hit from behind by an enemy that magically appeared behind you. Cheating like that really ruined the game for me because I make it a point to move slowly, cover all my bases, adn use stragety, and it gets ruined by these cheats.

lol yeah happened to me too, but the idea here is that those guys can TELEPORT (i.e. spawn), or otherwise crawl out of vent shafts or other places a human wouldn't normally hide in. And sometimes some doors are just hard to see, making you think that they're actually walls until it opens up to reveal a zombie or another "generally-weak-enemy".
glebov
The Doom 3 is a great game!!! The expansion pack is also good and it's not too short!!! Very realistic game... to realistic... scary too, specially when lights go off Twisted Evil It's a shame that i have to play it in LOWRES (480x640).

PIV - 2.533 Ghz
512 MB Ram
Radeon 9600 PRO 256 MB
Pablo Diablo
The gaming business is all about entertainment, no matter how you get it done. DOOM 3 is an entertaining experience as long as you don't go in with any ideas that this is going to revolutionize first-person shooters. It's a pretty basic game when it comes down to it. Everything works brilliantly, but at its core, DOOM 3 has you running from room to room shooting things without much else in between. I was expecting that kind of gameplay, but I was also would have liked to see AI that was a little more deviously evil than mindlessly evil on at least some of the enemies.
infernic
DOOM 3 Is an exelent game! It can be very scary if you have a good suround system, and a high spech pc!
I hope they will make DOOM 4!
achowles
infernic wrote:
DOOM 3 Is an exelent game! It can be very scary if you have a good suround system, and a high spech pc!
I hope they will make DOOM 4!

Me too. Doom 3 was a retread of Doom. Does that mean that Doom 4 will be Doom 2 Hell on Earth? I'd love to see that!

Anyway, I think that the game was good. Not exceptional. There needed to be a good few more innovative elements to justify it's length.

I was no fan of the add on pack either, although the grabber gun was truly great.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed playing through it, but it's not the best FPS I've played by a margin.
augustoccastro
For my opinion, DOOM 3 is one of the best games ever made, but I have a big problem: my computer is not strong to play it! Laughing Laughing Laughing
CivilizeD
CMA wrote:
Pablo Diablo wrote:

lol yeah happened to me too, but the idea here is that those guys can TELEPORT (i.e. spawn), or otherwise crawl out of vent shafts or other places a human wouldn't normally hide in. And sometimes some doors are just hard to see, making you think that they're actually walls until it opens up to reveal a zombie or another "generally-weak-enemy".

Yep same here but that's why I love it because single player can be tuff and scary sometimes. I'll admit I jumped first few weeks I played it. But multiplayer mode is too repetative and gets boring so easy.
m_furquan36
I loved doom 3 i really did enjoy playing it even though it can really freak you out at times Razz,graphically the game is great and has a great story to go with it...most of the other games have like cool graphics but the gameplay sucks.Doom 3 was just as cool in a sense like the first doom as in both were graphically great for the times they came out in.
I even played the expansion doom 3 resserction which was also pretty cool.
Wonder what they will come up with next but ill guess it will be cool and more horrific Smile
darth_revan
Hmm... Doom3... I think those shadow effects and graphics were good. But the game was consisting of dark corridors and some rooms. Killing same enemies repeatedly surely bores the player. Doom3 were bad about that, the more you play, the more bored you'll get...
generalgazz
Doom3 is a great game, I think I'll play through it again tonite actaully.
I still prefer the older ones I must have played through doom 1 and 2 hundreds of times now.

They can get quite scary if you play alone and in the dark Smile
Dj Redrum
Probably one of the best FPS in a long time, even though it as very poor gameplay within the online mode the main story based game is worth it.

Be good to see what happens with the new one when it gets released in a few years.
Agent ME
DooM 3 was a great game.

(Anyone who wants to get the original DooM and has an Xbox 360: DooM 1 is now available on the Xbox Live Arcade for $10, with all 4 episodes, and Xbox Live multiplayer... But the multiplayer mode is currently extremely laggy - I hope they fix that in an autoupdate)