FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Problem getting started---total newb

kcthomas44
Yea so i am totally new at this stuff, and i cant get the page i create in Microsoft FrontPage to appear as my page on the internet??? i published site, then saved my index.html with some tabs with writing and some shapes and all thats showing up on the net is the black background. whats going wrong and how do i fix it??
kcthomas44
Also...how do i know how many points i have and if im staying positive???
Ratman2050
kcthomas44 wrote:
Also...how do i know how many points i have and if im staying positive???

Look underneath your username. It says :
24.93 Points
28.93 FRIH$
[ Donate ]

That means you have 24.93 posts.

You know if your staying positive if it doesnt say this:

-24.93 Points

Points decrease 1 by day. If you get below -20 you lose your hosting.
Also if you have above 45 points instead of reducing by 1 point you will get it reset to 45.
So for example:
I had 75 points today
Tommorw I wil have 45
If I dont post tommorw I will have the day after that 44
and after that 43
then 42 and so on and so forth.
linexpert
kcthomas44 wrote:
Yea so i am totally new at this stuff, and i cant get the page i create in Microsoft FrontPage to appear as my page on the internet??? i published site, then saved my index.html with some tabs with writing and some shapes and all thats showing up on the net is the black background. whats going wrong and how do i fix it??

Post your index.html code and I'll try to help you out. Very Happy

I can't really help out just by loking at your post since i don't know what exactly is going on with it. If you want you can also just pm me a link to your site and i'll see the source code that way. Smile
Hammy
Hey, im not entierly sure. But.. i think you have to have 'FrontPage Extentions' enabled.

To do this, Goto 'DirectAdmin'
Click 'FrontPage Extentions'
Enter Pass and click 'Enable'

Wink
Shake
As a general rule, don't use FrontPage. Learn real HTML/CSS.
You'll never get anywhere with FrontPage.

What Hammy said might help.

And about the points: You should try to stay as high to 45 as you can, but if that isn't possible, you can let it go down to -5 before you will even get an email warning. I havnen't been lower than -5 myself, but I believe when you hit -20 you will lose your hosting. I'm pretty sure you can get your points back up and re-request hosting, but I wouldn't want to make a habit of it.
onemoment
I just started making a website and i'm having problems with the front page. If anyone could help me that would be really awesome. Crying or Very sad

I've made an index page called "index.html" which replaced the old one that was there automatically. But when i type in my website, it goes straight to the welcome to frih.net page. Embarassed and i dont know how to replace it. i've tried the enable extensions, but that didnt work.

How do i make the index page load up first without having to type in index.html on the end?
my address is www.onemoment.frih.net
Bondings
onemoment wrote:
I just started making a website and i'm having problems with the front page. If anyone could help me that would be really awesome. Crying or Very sad

I've made an index page called "index.html" which replaced the old one that was there automatically. But when i type in my website, it goes straight to the welcome to frih.net page. Embarassed and i dont know how to replace it. i've tried the enable extensions, but that didnt work.

How do i make the index page load up first without having to type in index.html on the end?
my address is www.onemoment.frih.net

Well most of it is ok, there is only a small problem. The urls you see in your DirectAdmin/file manager are only to manage files and only accessible to you if you are logged in to DA. Instead you should use the 'real' urls, accessible to everyone.

Code:
http://www.onemoment.frih.net:2222/CMD_FILE_MANAGER/domains/onemoment.frih.net/public_html/images/indeximages/onemomentgraphic.jpg

Should be changed into:
Code:
http://www.onemoment.frih.net/images/indeximages/onemomentgraphic.jpg
onemoment
Hey thanks a lot man, much appreciated. Very Happy

Actually, im still having a problem. i still cant get my own index page to load up instead of the welcome page from frihost. I dont know if its only my computer thats doing it, or if thats even it.
Bondings
onemoment wrote:
Hey thanks a lot man, much appreciated. Very Happy

Actually, im still having a problem. i still cant get my own index page to load up instead of the welcome page from frihost. I dont know if its only my computer thats doing it, or if thats even it.

Try to press on refresh while holding the ctrl button of your keyboard at least a few times. It really should be appearing.

Are you maybe using a browser like Opera?