FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Jerry Springer Show

izcool
I absolutely love the Jerry Springer show. I heard that it's renewed until at least 2008, and I hope even longer than that.

By that time, I'm going to be old enough to be able to go on the show. My question to all of you is if anyone ever been on the show in the audience, describe what it's like and how it goes.

I feel that I'm either going to be very entrilled on being on the show or I'm going to dislike it from what goes on. My hopes for when I go on the show is that nothing is going to be too weird, I just want something a little off-the-wall to go on the show instead of something way out in Left Field.

To keep this topic still interesting, tell your opinions on the show in general. Very Happy I'm a Jerry Springer fan. I live in the Chicagoland area (actually in a suburb but still close enough to Chicago), which is where the show's broadcasted and recorded at. I hope to go on it someday (in the audience of course). Very Happy

- Mike.
HoboPelican
izcool wrote:
To keep this topic still interesting, tell your opinions on the show in general. Very Happy I'm a Jerry Springer fan. I live in the Chicagoland area (actually in a suburb but still close enough to Chicago), which is where the show's broadcasted and recorded at. I hope to go on it someday (in the audience of course). Very Happy

- Mike.

Remember, you asked!Laughing
Well, I guess that I hate it. I think it is the most puerile, crass, low-life show on television. I think it is either fake or somehow they have found a constant source of the most ignorant people in this country. Who in their right mind would go on that show if their partner asked them? Do they think it's gonna be a good experience?

<Rant over> Laughing

I have a friend who moved to Chicago and she has been in the audience twice. She loved it. Even got on-screen with a crude question. I guess if you like it, you will most likely have a wonderful time. Laughing
bigdan
Channel Ten used to air the show at noon during the week. Now they've got Queer Eye on, but its still on Foxtel's Fox 8 channel.
sonicj
I will admit there was a time when curiosity pulled me into "experimenting" with watching the show. It did not take long for me to be pulled into a regular routine of watching what outlandish, crazy, unheard of thing would happen next. But in all reality this show is like a red-neck soap opera. I am glad I beat my short lived addiction to watching this junk. Razz
shinnoyami
sonicj wrote:
I will admit there was a time when curiosity pulled me into "experimenting" with watching the show. It did not take long for me to be pulled into a regular routine of watching what outlandish, crazy, unheard of thing would happen next. But in all reality this show is like a red-neck soap opera. I am glad I beat my short lived addiction to watching this junk. Razz

lol, same thing happened to me and yeah, i agree with you too..
djsamsung
sorry to say, no offense.

this show is a f#$kin' joke to me.

Laughing Shocked
votd
Jerry Springer's show it's very funny for some people and for some it's not. Well absolutely it's very controversial and orginal.
truespeed
The uk version of springer is very tame compared to the USversion,jerry still has his witty one liners,but it dosent have the same enteratinment factor the US version has,the jerry springer show in the US stands out from al the others in the US for its nuttiness and outrageousness,but the UK version is just like any other chat show,trisha,jeremy kyle,etc ect the only way jerrys show differs is in the name of the presenter
Tvis
I guess it used to be controversial...but times change and nowadays I guess people are not that shocked anymore by what is to be seen on the Jerry Springer show. Also my opinion is that after a few years a formula is worked out...find something new guys...
shinnoyami
Tvis wrote:
I guess it used to be controversial...but times change and nowadays I guess people are not that shocked anymore by what is to be seen on the Jerry Springer show. Also my opinion is that after a few years a formula is worked out...find something new guys...

i agree, the last few times where i watched the show, all they seemed to have was people confessing that they cheated on their spouse. . . There used to be different situations. I guess it could be compared to the Maury Povich show where they only have parternity tests now. It gets boring because it's just a repetition...
Hojo
i dont really see whats so great about the show. i find it boring and annoying. but hey, taste differs from person to person so im not gonna rant abotu the people that like it ^^
HoboPelican
Hojo wrote:
i dont really see whats so great about the show. i find it boring and annoying. but hey, taste differs from person to person so im not gonna rant abotu the people that like it ^^

You're right, of course. If they only aired shows I like, they'd only need one channel! And then everyone would rant about the shows I like Smile And after all, as bad as the JS show is, it's 100xs better than wrestling. Wink

But seriously, if your partner asked you to go on the Springer show with them, would any of you go on? I'd be like, tell me now, not in front of thousands of people.
m_furquan36
That show is just sick and like wrong Razz you can even see the people arent even serious just plain acting so its funny to see people act so bad other than that it sucks Razz
mabuhay
I used to watch that show back in the day. I would always laugh my ass off to it. Good stuff.
SusieSmacktard
I like watching the Jerry Springer show, because it makes me feel better about my own life. No matter how much I suck, at least i'm not sleeping with my husband's sister/brother/stepfather.
Kelcey
It's good entertainment. I pretty much only wanna see people fight and curse out one another. Luckily for me, that's 95 percent of the show Smile
Nigeria
OMG!!! i LOVE this talk show he is soooo great and the show is always funny and entertaining.
Loghete
I have never seen it at TV, but in my Lost Season 1 DVD Box special content there was a clip with Jerry Springer visiting the island. Pretty fun, but I can't see it at TV because they don't send it on any channel I can see.
Shezsheridan
I didn't even realise it was still going - do people still watch it...

Derv