FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Rant About Big Brother...

Hammy
Firstly, i searched and i couldnt find a thread about this years big brother lol..

secondly.. i cant believe their putting them back in the house!! (UK BB).. geez.. All that valuable air time that big brother takes up on tv. Culd at least put something decent on. I dont ge why people would want to sit and watch these people live there lives locked up like hamsters.

Put something dencent on the TV!!!!

Pfft! Sad
jipmerite
The real issue is not that there are such programs on TV. The issue to address is that there IS an audience for such programs. As long as there ARE viewers, the networks would of course put them programs.

The 'valuable TV time' is being given to such programs because these people would rather watch such programs than others.

Tv networks will always try to meet the interests of as wide a population as possible. Cos in the end,it's just about money to them.

The question to ask is WHY do people want to see such programs.
Becky
well..personally i am guilty of watching this years big brother Embarassed
its a rubbish show, and i bet most people who watch it will agree with me, but after watching one episode you want to see the next episode, then the next one, and then your addicted watching it every night Rolling Eyes

I dunno why this happens, but it can be funny and entertaining, especially when theres big arguments or anything like that.

Anyway, i've heard that this is the last big brother..because of the loss of viewers over the series..
Traveller
Hammy wrote:

As I have said regarding another so-called "reality" show, but making a point about all of them: If Survivor is truly 'reality,' then any participant who doesn't make it should die, since they would not have survived!

In this case, what's so "realistic" about locking a bunch of people in a house? Then again, remember that such shows are created and watched by the same kinds of people who consider Jerry Springer and Judge Judy to be compelling, intellectual content.
GProject
I'm enjoying that fact that if Endemol are found to be in breach of OFCOM television regulations then they might have to pay back around 6million in voting fees to viewers. I'm sure that would be really difficult to do though - do they keep a record of everyone who votes via phone & text?

To be fair, it is a bit ahrsh to expect people to pay to vote out the same people twice.
jipmerite
This whole business of reality shows where people voting to choose the winner is really incredible. Whoever first thought of it really is a genius. Can you imagine how much money the producers of the shows and the telecom companies are earning through it? The viewers are giving them millions just for having that feeling that they played a part in that show.

It's really crazy. (I mean that in a good way. Very Happy )
marcmgeronimo
The Philippine Big Brother version is actually big in our country. It seemed televisions in our country are tuned to the Big Brother channel every night and we had at least 3 big brother versions in about 2 years.

But comparing it to the Big Brother versions in other countries, ours are more subtle and conservative in nature. Blame it for the super conservative TV Censoring body we have.
truespeed
I think putting the housemates back in and the backlash it caused could spell the end for bigbrother,using any little scheme just to get nikki back in the house was one twist too far,the public may be guillable but they arent stupid.
Helios_155
its simple. big brother is evil, EVIL i say. channel 4 (uk) is normally a good tv station.... then they put this crud on.

it used to be ok when they had normal people on because that is "reality tv" then after Jade TPTB found out that crazy people are loved more and so they got more and more extreme so that now its nowhere near reality.

plus its so heavily scripted its unbelievable. i loved it when the house mates in a previous series went on strike and didnt do anything at all. if only they had kept it up it would have been the end to all this so called "reality" shows.
jeremoi
The like the American one when it first came out it just gets worse and worse but I still watch it. This year's vesion in super dull
spspremium
Hammy wrote:
Firstly, i searched and i couldnt find a thread about this years big brother lol..

secondly.. i cant believe their putting them back in the house!! (UK BB).. geez.. All that valuable air time that big brother takes up on tv. Culd at least put something decent on. I dont ge why people would want to sit and watch these people live there lives locked up like hamsters.

Pfft! Sad

I definatly agree with you, did you know that tax money goes towards stuff like that. It a terrible thing Mad
faker_phil
I really don't care about Big Brother anymore. I already hated it when it started over here in Germany, and I thank God that the hype around it has blown over. However, what still bothers me is those stupid "American Idol"-like contests with all those people that really can't sing.
reddishblue
Big Brother is a filthy pile of MA rated crap
Surviver is as fake as fake can be with the TV crew feeding them and all

However I do enjoy the amazing race Very Happy
chrisu
Here in Finland the second season just started for two weeks ago. It is quite huge here. They've also shown here one season of the British Big Brother, can't remember whitch.

The first Finnish season was great. There were so many ordinary persons and their storys that they told was funny. But this second season ain't as good. Because now there are more freeks and they get alcohol all the time. I guess this is because they want that there would be some happening all the time. But it a bit too much for me.

I've also watched the first season from the Swedish Big Brother and it is the best Big Brother season ever. Now it looks like the Swedish one is all about sex.