FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Ninja Turtles 3D?

solmol
I've heard there will be a new 3D version of the ninja turtles, anyone know something about it?
jipmerite
It is due to be out in 2007.

You can read about it in IMDB.

I am looking forward to it.
GProject
You should definately check out the trailer here on the Apple Trailers site.

It looks interesting - the turtles have certainly changed since the early 90's cartoon series! I really want to know what this movie is going to turn out like.
solmol
ups, when I heard about it i thought they were gonna make a series out of it; so... it's a 3d movie?.
jipmerite
Yes it's a 3D movie. Would you rather have had real people in costumes? I am sure there would be supporters of that idea. But an animated movie can have better stunts than real people.

Wish I can see that trailor but with my internet connection being a GPRS phone connected to my laptop, I just don't have the bandwith.
DJ Gr3y
it gonna be like shrek or Robots the graphics??? hmm
Cthulhuman
jipmerite wrote:
Yes it's a 3D movie. Would you rather have had real people in costumes? I am sure there would be supporters of that idea. But an animated movie can have better stunts than real people.

Wish I can see that trailor but with my internet connection being a GPRS phone connected to my laptop, I just don't have the bandwith.

Umm do you not reemeber the old movies, I think that if they were to make another one with people in costumes then it would just be the fourth one and wouldn't make a new movie series about it. While I like ninja turtles, I'm probubly going to skip this one because I don't like the new approach that they've taken to it with the revamped animation. But I really liked the old school ninja turtles.
QrafTee
I was a fan of the old movies, but at least with this new approach the ninja turtles can actually be... ninja! Then again it does seem odd that they can pull it off with shells that looks like they weigh at least 50 lbs. (that's like 4-5 of my laptops). I'm going to watch it, the only problem I have with it is the eyes, it looks like they combined the new animated series eyes with the old animated eyes to make an anime-esque eyes which is normally good, but looks odd on the ninja turtles... That and I remember the ninja turtles as being a big wider.
wsco
i'm looking forward for this movie
also i prefer old movies for ninja turtles
driftingfe3s
jipmerite wrote:

Yeah, having a suit on is a huge burden to move in. I think CG is the way to go cuase of how good it looks these days.
Axl Horse
Laughing I still hear man people like the TMNT! I am one of them. I always share this trailer to my ol’ dude. Check this out: http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/teenagemutantninjaturtles/hd/ Laughing Laughing
dyrtyrice
I liked Ninja Turtle during their time...but it's obvious they are just trying to make more money be rehashing a childhood classic. Just like I am excited for the Transormers movie, although Michael Bay is a terrible directoy. Still...I suppose many Hollywood films are created to make money, but it's all so terribly cookie cutter. Transformers movie:

cut and paste semblances from the original source
add a hero with a big jaw and cheesy one liners
spend a huge budget on explosions and cgi
put in some general audience targeted innuendoes, add some fanboy pleasing moments
end movie with a really bad one liner and something that seems to leave room for a sequel...

I have a feeling this is how both these movies will be handled.
Dillian
Search in www[dot]warez-bb[dot]com .
nomokokoa
aaa
ItsWesley
I hope they pull off the cg version well like they had done with the old movies with those costumes. They were great, aside from that mini series with them, that wasn't as good.
GProject
I'm looking forward to seeing the CG Splinter character - who is more difficult than the turtles to render well in CG. Also, do we know who are providing the voices for the main characters yet?

Good or bad I have to see this!