FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Counter-Strike Source

Kurosaki_Ichigo-San
Anyone here play the game? I sure do and it's quite addicting. I've been playing for almost a year now and I'm getting pretty good. I'm in a clan they got a server and stuff it's great.
faker_phil
I only play for fun sometimes, my main game is Battlefield 2. When I do play CSS, I play on a server with the "Gun Game" Mod running. In old CS 1.6, I loved the Warcraft Mod, but the new one in CSS sucks balls.
Vanquish
I play CSS all the time now, since I got banned from CZ for cheating, yes it was the worst thing i've done and sincerely regret it, won't touch hacks again, even on a non-secure server. My player name is EvolveD, and I also have xfire if anyone is interested in adding me, 'Evolux'
That's the only game I play on PC, although I have CoD:2, I got very bored of it. I do play on PS2 Online though, and this is great fun, I play Battlefield 2: Modern Combat, and the occasional game of Call of Duty: Finest Hour. I used to be in one of the most famous clans on CoD: FH, but then decided to leave as I didn't play much. I now have my own clan on BF2, but the only members are me and my brother, and to be fair we aren't that good.

Neal
PseudoKnight
I was in a clan last CAL season that went 10-2. Was fun. I prefer CSS for pubbing mostly, though. I watch CS 1.6 tournaments regularly. It's highly entertaining. (gotfrag.com has good coverage) I regularly play on bongteam and sometimes bedlam west if any of you are familiar with those west servers.
TonkPilz
CS and CSS are time less games that can basecly be playd for ever but what ruins it for me is the mantalety of cs players not all but most of em thay are a bitt too agro for my taste
PseudoKnight
I'm trying to figure out how "aggro" applies to a multiplayer game like CS. If you were them, wouldn't you shoot too? Perhaps you could explain what you mean.
bonestorm74
Yes I love this game. There's no wonder why Counter Strike is still one of the most played and most loved games out there. It has a perfect mix of pacing, weapon balance, the maps are brilliant and the content is continually updated by Valve. It's a recipe that spells success.

I have played for hundreds of hours and still learn new things about the game all the time.

Above all, it's great fun! And there's never a problem with finding servers with plenty of action, given the great community. CS:S is a winner!
faker_phil
PseudoKnight wrote:
I'm trying to figure out how "aggro" applies to a multiplayer game like CS. If you were them, wouldn't you shoot too? Perhaps you could explain what you mean.

He means that they cuss, flame a lot, and get angry very quick. And by cussing a lot, I don't mean: " Oh ****, you killed me."
I'm talking about : " Your mother is a dirty ****, stop ******** killing me you *****". And that goes on, and on, and on. You just don't get that on BF2, for example.
TonkPilz
like faker sayd the players in bf2 are alot more grown up
Shanghai_Dragon
I have CS:S but I suck at it... I am getting better though. The game is so random though. I have the guy's head in my narrow crosshairs, and shoot, and it misses... I love the Gungame mod.
PseudoKnight
faker_phil wrote:
PseudoKnight wrote:

He means that they cuss, flame a lot, and get angry very quick. And by cussing a lot, I don't mean: " Oh ****, you killed me."
I'm talking about : " Your mother is a dirty ****, stop ******** killing me you *****". And that goes on, and on, and on. You just don't get that on BF2, for example.
I rarely ever experience that. If you do, find another server. There's plenty of good ones out there that you don't have to play at a crappy one where people like that play.

I'm also willing to bet that there is just as many BF2 players like that as CS players. I've had plenty of bad experiences with people in battlefield, but of course I don't play it enough to find the good servers. Likewise, it's the same for CSS.

The gungame mod is one of the few CS mods I actually like. I prefer regular play, but gungame is a change of pace. The nade round needs to go away, though. And no "fun" maps. Most of those are really horrible. If people can't be discriminating on the quality of custom maps, then I'd prefer to just have the regular ones.
faker_phil
PseudoKnight wrote:
The gungame mod is one of the few CS mods I actually like. I prefer regular play, but gungame is a change of pace. The nade round needs to go away, though. And no "fun" maps. Most of those are really horrible. If people can't be discriminating on the quality of custom maps, then I'd prefer to just have the regular ones.

My words exactly. I don't get why they have to put those crappy custom maps in there, the standard maps would do just as good.
habboorkut
mentira
Ka7raK
I'm sorry to come here agressively but CSS is like the worst FPS ever created. I can't think of another game where a shot in the foot kills. In fact, i can't think of another game where all the hitboxes are screwed (well, MOHAA:SH's hitboxes are pretty interesting). IMHO, CSS players are cheater and/or noobs that don't want to take it seriously in CS. I'd say 80% of CSS players would play really bad normal CS.
Timoses
What a question..
If anybody plays CSS?
There's a hole bunch of people playing this game. Me within this group..
I once was pretty good but I stopped playing and once tried to play agian.
First few rounds I sucked but then I got better and better again he.
The game is fun.
Wonder why it's so popular..
PseudoKnight
Ka7raK wrote:
I'm sorry to come here agressively but CSS is like the worst FPS ever created. I can't think of another game where a shot in the foot kills. In fact, i can't think of another game where all the hitboxes are screwed (well, MOHAA:SH's hitboxes are pretty interesting). IMHO, CSS players are cheater and/or noobs that don't want to take it seriously in CS. I'd say 80% of CSS players would play really bad normal CS.
And I say you're deluded. It's all opinion.

- There's plenty of games where a shot in the foot kills, actually. But I agree with you that it doesn't have a place in CS. But it doesn't break the game so I go on. (and it works the same in CS 1.6 as CSS)

- The hitboxes are more or less just as accurate as any other game. The only difference is that CS often requires more accuracy than most so it's quite noticeable. I hope you're not referencing the fallacious videos in which people demonstrate the hitboxes following behind the models. Those people don't know what they're talking about or what the command they use actually does.

- I'm a CSS player. I have been since about as soon as my system could run it decently. Before that I played regular CS. I'm good at BOTH versions. There are some significant differences though that prevent players from switching back and forth with reasonable skill maintained. Thus while your statement may be true, it's not telling of the actual situation. It works both ways.

- In summation, the only noob seems to be you. Are you trying to rationalize hating CSS or something? It's just personal preferences. You don't have to come down on CSS and all it's players if you hate it and/or are bad at it.
BrainCracked
I dont't like it real. I think 1.6 is better than CSS. CSS I use for my free time and 1.6 for lan games.
sickskillz
I play css alot but cs more often. I've been playing cs since 1.5 days and im still not bored of the game. There are just soo many cool mods that keep people interested and the games (css and cs 1.6) are just fun by themselves. The only thing that ruins it for me are those little kids that are always asking the server admins to become an admin and keep getting angry and cursing.
faker_phil
Ka7raK wrote:

Well then I guess I'm one of the lucky other 20%. I played CS since 2001, so I could say I'm pretty good at it. Lately, I bought CSS to play for fun and to have some eyecandy, when I'm not playing BF2.
jay84h
I always play Counter-Strike: Source, it is quite fun!
wanha1
BrainCracked wrote:
I dont't like it real. I think 1.6 is better than CSS. CSS I use for my free time and 1.6 for lan games.

Although I like them both, I primarily play 1.6 and CZ because in source, the hitboxes are easier and no one knows how to play.
I know thats a sweeping generalization, but for real, most people I see in source dont plant the bomb or rescue hostages. They run around guns blazing, without any sort of tactics or planning. In the rare occasions they do plant the bomb, they dont guard it. Whenever they do, they are labeled "camping noob lamers"
Also, people tend to be more angry and verbally explicit about their feelings in source. They go crazy overboard with it.

bottom line, source is full of immature little kids. I didn't say ALL people were, but from my experience, theres more than a handful of em.

Just yesterday I had to TK a numbskull on my team in 1.6. Dust2, 2v2, refusing to plant, and the one CT left alive was nowhere to be found. We had already run from B to A, and then he was running back down Long towards T spawn, so I gave him a headshot with the AWP and planted.

I wouldn't have done it if he wasn't such an idiot... But the fact of the matter is that boneheads play 1.6 too.

I've played both games competitively for multiple seasons of CAL.

1.6 is the better game, but it has no future. Especially with the recent CGS announcements and a handful of top 1.6 teams switching to Source.

Both are fun, but right now 1.6 is still the better game. As Source evolves more and some important bugs and animation glitches are fixed, it will eventually overtake 1.6.
photon
I have played a lot of CSS, but have lately switched over to CS 1.6 and CZ. A primary reason is that when i started out, source was very buggy, and wouldnt run without problems. Even though i had a very good system, it would still be very choppy. And moreover, the game itself was messed up. Hitboxes were way off target , and there were other issues with the game crashing very easily.

now i only play 1.6 and CZ. CSS has become very stable, and is worth trying giving another shot