FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Gameboy SP?

gamesnmore
Hi! I'm thinking of buying a gameboy sp. Is it any good? What games should I buy?
Kurosaki_Ichigo-San
Yeah I have a GBA SP it's awsome. I don't like the DS that much how it has the 2 screens and all. But GBA is sweet and the good thing about the SP is that it has the built in light in the screen so it's great for night time. And! It also comes with rechargable batteries and charger so it's very convienient. I think you should get it. Very Happy
rightclickscott
Well, the SP is outdated, seriously, and the DS is just amazing. The Dual Screens work well together, and it is very open to innovative gameplay. One of the best things about it is that you can play GBA games on it using the top or bottom screen, your choice. I highly reccommend getting a DS, and no nub that has never tried a DS saying that 2 screens, especially when one of them is a touch screen, is a stupid idea shouldn't change your mind about it. Mind you, you can get an SP cheap, but if you're going to get an GBA, and you don't want to spring 113 dollars for a DS, then just get a gameboy micro. It's got some nice features, but the DS is still the best portable gaming device to date. Built in WiFi compatibility, amazing games like Mario Kart DS, New Super Mario Bros., Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrows, Meteos, and many more that I can't even list, innovative gameplay, a built-in rechargeable battery, a built-in microphone, and the DS Lite has even more features. Go for a DS, you will not regret it.
Yjaxygames
Don't buy a DS.
Two screens, which makes all games completely different. You gotta love it, else it's not a good gaming experience. Yes, the SP is outdated, but all the games are good enough, and they are getting cheaper because they are getting older. I still play Gameboycolor games. They are much fun.

Which games you should buy? Dunno. I have GTA-advance, much fun. You view your character from the top, like GTA and GTA2, but you play in Liberty City, just like GTA3 and GTA Liberty City Stories. The only problem is, I finished the game pretty quick.
Same for Need for Speed Underground. Much fun, but I finished it prettty quick too. THe graphics are not very strong, but it's a good racing game.
QrafTee
I have a GBA, an SP, and I want a DS because of two games:
Jump Superstars - A game featuring many characters from the most popular manga in a an all out free-for-all in a Super Smash Bros.-es type play where comic pieces bring upon allies to aid you in battle. Too bad it can never make a U.S. debut due to license conflicts.
Final Fantasy III - A classic being totally revamped with improved graphics (not like NES to SNES graphics, like SNES to N64 graphics) and a new battle system utilizing the touch-screen.

Then again I can always wait for the NEXT handheld from Nintendo to buy/import those games.
gamesnmore wrote:
Hi! I'm thinking of buying a gameboy sp. Is it any good? What games should I buy?
Calemb
If we talking about Gameboys, what do you think about Gameboy Micro? It is cheaper than Advance and SP and it is pretty small, but i am afraid that screen is too small. You know, when screen is 2-inch you cannot see everything. Anybody have Gameboy Micro and can tell something about it? Idea
rightclickscott
Yjaxygames wrote:
Don't buy a DS.
Two screens, which makes all games completely different. You gotta love it, else it's not a good gaming experience. Yes, the SP is outdated, but all the games are good enough, and they are getting cheaper because they are getting older. I still play Gameboycolor games. They are much fun.

Which games you should buy? Dunno. I have GTA-advance, much fun. You view your character from the top, like GTA and GTA2, but you play in Liberty City, just like GTA3 and GTA Liberty City Stories. The only problem is, I finished the game pretty quick.
Same for Need for Speed Underground. Much fun, but I finished it prettty quick too. THe graphics are not very strong, but it's a good racing game.

No, the games on the DS are not completely different, since most of the time, the top screen is used as a menu while the innovative touchscreen uses the gameplay, even though there are still some games that used the top screen, it doesn't make the gameplay any less fun, in fact, it's even more fun! Not only that, but GTA-Advance sucked! Not only that, but the games you listed are PSP games, which makes me believe that you've never even played on a ds, which makes me believe you're making judgements about the best handheld system ever without even knowing why it's so great. You, sir, are an official nub, and since your handheld palet doesn't even embrace the idea of innovative or even fun gameplay, I don't even consider you a gamer. Come back once you learn what gaming is all about, nub.
INeedHelp
SPs are awesome. The clamshell design keeps the screen from getting scratched. Although it isn't QUITE as portable as the Micro. Look at both, maybe try them both out, and get whatever feels the best. I personally have both and use my SP at home and my Micro on the go...

EDIT: I have a Micro and you can see EVERYTHING. I play Fire Emblem on mine without a problem!