FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Swimming pool question

Ester
We have a 8 x 4 wimming pool, we have got a problem recently that after we back wash and rinse when we put it pack onto filter we get fine dust coming out of the jets. Does anyone know what could be causing this or has anyone any suggestion as to how to solve this problem.
Billwaa
That I don't know, but you can always go on "howstuffswork.com" or "howstuffworks.com" (I forgot which) and find of how it work and see what's wrong.
ocalhoun
Is the filter dusty?
roach831
yeah maybe the filter is dirty check that
marioflory
Maybe if it is DUST, you should fill water in the pool Razz
Hammy
rofl.. it took me like 30 secodns to figure out the different between Billwaa's post of howstuffworks.com lol. Im dumb.

Maybe it's your filter disolving? lol.. then i'd surgest getting a new one.

What do u mean by back wash? .. do u run the water the opposite way through the filter?.. whcih will collect c*** on one side cleaning the other.
Then when u put it back on .. the c*** comes back out.

I duno tho, i dont have a swimming pool Sad

Hammy.
Ester
Why bother answering if you don't know what you are talking about. Only post if you know about swimming pools!!!!
Hammy
Yaknow... we dont have to know about swimming pools.. it's most likely just common sence..

if you'd of cared to explain what 'back wash' was then you'd be appealing to far more people on the forum who might have an idea.

but yer.. anyways, sorry to see that your upset about our surgestions. Sad
Blaster
Wash the filter and com from there.

What kind of filter is it?
Ester
It's a sand filter, still I don't think anyone can give advice if they don't know about swimming pools!
Becky
Ester wrote:
still I don't think anyone can give advice if they don't know about swimming pools!

If your not gonna except peoples advice..dont ask the question in a forum then Rolling Eyes .

Have you tried looking on a website which is about swimming pools? Possible Google could help?
Ester
I thought that I would get advice from people who knew about the subject, how can people offer advice if they don't know anything about swimming pool mantainance.

I'm sorry if I came across as unappreciative, but this is a real problem and I thought that I would get and answer to it.

As for backwashing a pool, if you don't know what it is then you probably won't know how to solve the problem.
Shake
Quote:
how can people offer advice if they don't know anything about swimming pool mantainance.

Is that a rhetorical question? Well I have the answer to that: they want Frih points of course. As for your pool, I'd suggest moving to a less dusty area like Florida. Hmm...I don't really think Frihosters are 'pool experts'. Might wanna look on HowStuffWorks. Good luck with your pool.
R2.DETARD
I don't own a pool, but this happened in my mate's pool too (i hope that's OK miss stroppy boots).

Just run the water through the system as per normal, it will sort itself out.
We think it is caused by storing the filter system in a dusty place at the warehouse.
Ester
This is Miss stroopy boots talking, you are only doing this to get points, you don't know about pools, so why bother making the comment.

I thought the whole idea of this was for people to make constructive comments.

I am only stroppy because of all you stupid people
IDIDITFORLULZ
It is probably dried chorine or other chemicle left by the water
Shake
Quote:

I just don't think this is really meant to be a pool support forum.

Quote:
you don't know about pools

No, I don't know about pools...I was merely trying to give a few suggestions.

Quote:
We have a 8 x 4 wimming pool, we have got a problem recently that after we back wash and rinse when we put it pack onto filter we get fine dust coming out of the jets. Does anyone know what could be causing this or has anyone any suggestion as to how to solve this problem.

Could you maybe describe the problem further? That's not incredibly descriptive. I can try to look it up for you...or you could local a local pool supply store and ask an employee who specializes in that kind of stuff.
pjv
You might get something out of http://www.answers.com

It's good that you have a swimming pool. I like swimming, it's the best exercise they say. Smile
Ester
IDIDITFORLULZ wrote:
It is probably dried chorine or other chemicle left by the water

At last a constructive answer, I will look into this further, it does sound as if this could cause the dust problem, all I need to do now is find a way to stop it happening, probably I'm using too much chlorine?

Thank you very much for your post and perhaps now I won't be a Stroppy boots.
Ester
Shake wrote:
Quote:

I just don't think this is really meant to be a pool support forum.

Quote:
you don't know about pools

No, I don't know about pools...I was merely trying to give a few suggestions.

Quote:

Could you maybe describe the problem further? That's not incredibly descriptive. I can try to look it up for you...or you could local a local pool supply store and ask an employee who specializes in that kind of stuff.

We clean the crushed sand filter by back flushing water through the system on a regular basis (about once a month). this reverses the water flow to clean the debris from the filter. I hope that this gives you more information
Ester
pjv wrote:
You might get something out of http://www.answers.com

It's good that you have a swimming pool. I like swimming, it's the best exercise they say. Smile

Thank you for the link, I will explore this further.