FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

D: is not a valid win32 application --SOLVED

Roald
I've just installed a new motherboard and now I try to install The Battle for middle earth II and I get an error:
Quote:
D: is not a valid win32 application
Can somebody help me?
orno
seems to be a 64-bit vs 32-bit problem

can u post back your comp specs?

P.S for a dirty workaround, try copying the CD-contents to your hard drive and then running the installer off there... and post back whether or not that works too
Amit
Possibly the installer is currupt. Did u try to install the game with a legal copy?
Roald
Of course, I've installed it once, and now I've got a new motherboard and it doesnt works anymore.
ocalhoun
What OS are you using?
This reminds me of a problem I had a long time ago.
I was trying to install Need for Speed.
It would work just fine on windows 98 or 95, but I still am unable to get it to work in 2000 or XP, despite having used the 'compatability mode' junk.

Sorry, but I was never able to solve that problem, so if your problem is the same one, I am equally unable to help.
muggle
Do you have some third party software installed on your machine (e.g. virtual CD/DVD, InCD)? Uninstall it than try to install your game.
Roald
ocalhoun wrote:
What OS are you using?
What is that? But i've already installed it on a windows xp.
muggle wrote:
Do you have some third party software installed on your machine (e.g. virtual CD/DVD, InCD)? Uninstall it than try to install your game.
No, but nw your talking about it, do you now how you copy a game from DVD (legal) to your virtual player?
Roald
Ok guys thanks for the help and especially thanks to orno who advised me to copy the content to my hard disk, now it all works properly Very Happy .