FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How to Play back DVD recorded on EP mode?

dickyzin
I've got a DVD player that can record DVDs with EP mode. I've recorded some stuff onto a DVD using EP mode but I don't know how to play it back on my computer. Anyone know how to play back EP mode on the computer's DVD ROM?
badai
if you computer can't play EP mode recorded with your recorder, than your computer can't play any mode (HQ,SP,SP+,LP,EP or EP+) recorded with your player. most probably because of physical format compatibility (+, - or RAM). check what disc you use to record (+, - or RAM) and check if your computer DVD drive can read that disc format.

also, some expensive branded player will put region code on the disc. check that too. than you can fix it with RPC1 patch (if you need to - illegal to use in some country).

EP is just the same MPEG2 file with lower bitrate and lines resolution so that the file size will be smaller and longer footage can be fit into the disc.
ChrisCh
Make sure you finalised the disc otherwise the computer will most likely not recognise it Smile After you've finalised it, open Windows Media Player, and go Play > DVD or CD > (your drive letter) or just use your preferred player Smile
dickyzin
How do you finalise the DVD using DVD-Recorder (not the drive used for computers but for tv)? I would assume that it would do it automatically when the DVD is full or close to full. Am I right?
ChrisCh
dickyzin wrote:
How do you finalise the DVD using DVD-Recorder (not the drive used for computers but for tv)? I would assume that it would do it automatically when the DVD is full or close to full. Am I right?

Only on selected models! Usually its an option in a menu, so look through the menus on your dvd recorder! Sometimes it can be in the setup menu, othertimes its in other places Smile If in doubt, just check the book that came with your recorder.