FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

everybody loves games. ever tried making them?

wonderflyagent002
Most people like games. But making them? Alot of coding and stuff seems dull so most people leave it.Sad want to write your games without writing a single piece of code Question i have just the solution. try this program.

http://www.gamemaker.nl

tell me how you like it.

regards.
dray101
Hey thanks sooo much, this looks great!!!! Laughing

I will try it out and get back to you Wink
wonderflyagent002
dray101 wrote:
Hey thanks sooo much, this looks great!!!! Laughing

I will try it out and get back to you Wink

I need a partner for the game i am making. Are you interested? Any body interested? post in this forum if you are.

regards
Shuryou
Yes, I went into it at college, but I don't use basic prgrams like that. I used to use Adobe Flash, but I have moved on to C++.
Tulkamir
I think there's already another thread on this somewhere.

There are also far better programs around than gamemaker and it's ilk. Smile

(I'm also in college for game design, and have been doing mods for several years).
carlospro7
what if u want to make a game like america's army, or WOW, or call of duty??? i wish.... Program looks nice though
Loghete
I've used that programs for years... But now I'm getting into Flash and Blitz.
dray101
I tried it out and its pretty cool, I'm in the process now of making my first simple game.
wonderflyagent002 wrote:
I need a partner for the game i am making. Are you interested?

Not at the moment, first I'd want to get used to the program more anyway Wink
Notika
Do any of you know some better game making programs for RPGs?

I am having an idea of making a game like RuneScape (maybe better), and then begin earning some money that way (I already have a team, but we need some better programs Razz)...
urbanbuddha
Notika wrote:
Do any of you know some better game making programs for RPGs?

I am having an idea of making a game like RuneScape (maybe better), and then begin earning some money that way (I already have a team, but we need some better programs Razz)...

There is always the good ol' RPGmaker program.

Personally I code using java or C++, depending if I want the game to either be on the web or as a standalone.

It is not so much the coding that is the problem, it is more of the animation and sprites (cause I can't do 3d models...yet).

I am currently taking game theory and design in my university, so its helping me a lot. Hopefully I can get a job in the game industry, or go with my backup -> advertising.
rayx
Better if you used some opensource engine like OGRE3D, irrlicht engineor HAAF 2D Accelerated engine using visual c++.
Mrs Lycos
If you want to make games like runescape, wow etc, probably you'll need a game engine like Torque, it's one of the cheapest and you don't have to pay royalties ever from the games you make with that. There's a free demo, and the tool for the indie is $100. Of course, you also need to do a lot of coding, and make your own 3D models too. Personally, my team and I prefer to make our own game engines, it takes more time but it gives you flexibility, and if something isn't working, you know the code inside out to get the solution, which is not possible with a game engine you buy.
Game Fortress
Game Maker certainly isnt an ABSOLUTLEY STUNNING program, and it absolutley has its flaws, but I have used it for years and there is no other program I like better at the moment (including Flash and Photoshop). First off, it is free. I dont know what ilk is but I bet it costs a pretty penny. Secondly, there may be more potent programs, but when you boil away all the water, it is the DEVELOPER that matters more than the program, and Game Maker is certainly flexible enough to do most if not all of your 2-D game needs. It can do 3-D as well, but it is much more limited, and there are tons of better programs if that is what you want to do. GM also greatly inhances the speed of production; no other program I have heard of that is available to the public that can get a game from an Idea to completion. It has plenty of compatiblity/stability issues, but for a hobbiest game maker, it is excellet. I encourage all of you to download it if you havent already.