FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Crop circle pics

datter
I don't know who makes these, and frankly I don't care. They're neat.

Lots of good quality pics like the one above over here

datter
Becky
I've always wanted to see a crop circle in real life, because i believe they are actually real. But arent they all in america or something ?? Rolling Eyes
I think theyre real because why would a normal person take their time to cut out massive patterns in the ground? And also, if humans did it..where did all the bits that where cut go? Surely someone would notice if suddenly a big mountain of crops appeared out of knowwhere...lol.

Anyway, awesome picture! Very Happy
a.Bird
Becky wrote:
I've always wanted to see a crop circle in real life, because i believe they are actually real. But arent they all in america or something ?? Rolling Eyes
I think theyre real because why would a normal person take their time to cut out massive patterns in the ground? And also, if humans did it..where did all the bits that where cut go? Surely someone would notice if suddenly a big mountain of crops appeared out of knowwhere...lol.

I believe that the bits are not cut but actually pressed down against the earth. I could be wrong.
Reaper
Yeah i'm pretty sure there just pressed flat into the ground, there's a simple explaination for these crop circles, a bunch of drunk people and or bored people + something heavy enough to press the corn down= crop circles.
Though I doubt they were drunk because it wouldn't be so well neat.
Aliens may exist but we are more then capable of making crop circles.
Besides why could these crop circles need to connect unless it was man made, if you look closely you can see small patches that connect one circle to another.
Hammy
Maybe the farmer did it and called it 'Art' lol.

Or, on reapers theory, it could just be a bunch of drunks roling around in the grass :p...
hmm.. then hired a helicopter and took a picture of it lol.

Why is it called crop circles though? I thought that was the cycle of the crops grow , being cut, grow, being cut. ect...
or is that crop cycles? lol.. hmm

Helios
a.Bird wrote:
Becky wrote:

I believe that the bits are not cut but actually pressed down against the earth. I could be wrong.

You're not wrong.

Beautiful images, btw Smile
Those "aliens" are quite artistic Wink
shwetanshu
i dont care how they are built or who builds them, but they sure look artistic and beautiful!!!
joxang
They are pressed into the ground, using long poles with ropes joined onto either end. You hold onto the ropes and step on the poles and walk in a circle.

The only one I've seen was by taking the Eurostar from London Waterloo to Paris Gare Du Nord, there's a massive one outside the right window just after you get to France. (It's been there for ages but I don't think it's a permanent fixture).

An important leader guy of the crop circle people died a few days ago I think...http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/wiltshire/5246640.stm?ls
haak_heu
joxang wrote:
They are pressed into the ground, using long poles with ropes joined onto either end. You hold onto the ropes and step on the poles and walk in a circle.

The only one I've seen was by taking the Eurostar from London Waterloo to Paris Gare Du Nord, there's a massive one outside the right window just after you get to France. (It's been there for ages but I don't think it's a permanent fixture).

An important leader guy of the crop circle people died a few days ago I think...http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/wiltshire/5246640.stm?ls

but why it occur only in america because it is done by people no any alian , or supernatural things , theses are things made to get popular , but indeed they are very artistic and beautiful
twisthigh
Those are so cool/wierd I love seeing them, I just don't get how a person can make them, it would take years to braid all the grass/hay/whatever down to make those patterns like that... I don't believe in little green aliens that are out to take over Earth, but I find it hard to believe that in the entire universe, we're the only living beings... and at that I don't necessarily believe that it's not our own people doing it, I'm just impressed by whoever it is that's doing them...
a.Bird
Maybe the crop circles are messages from humans who are trying to draw the attention of aliens who may be viewing the surface of our planet with telescopic vision. If this were the case, the "mystery" behind the circles would be the result of the original artists not claiming their hardwork because it truly is the destruction of someone else's property.
Soulfire
I watched a show in which there were two teams competing to create crop circles in one night. It was pretty cool - they do look quite awesome.
djsamsung
Crop Circles is a very cool art
dz9c
cool picture and obviously done by a crap cutting thing. i hope no one said anything about aliens or nvm..
mceejaydee
ALIENS EXIST!! Wow that looks cool. If this is fake I wonder who has the time to actually do this and plan and calculate this overnight?
myrevolt
-_- crop circles are just created by humans that want attention and bored farmers. Crop circles are not proof that aliens exist; aliens would have better things to do regardless. On a personal level, I don't think intelligent/sentient life forms have repeatily visited Earth, if at all. Outer space is vast, and there are numberous amount of other planets for them to explore. Further if they were anything like humans, they would have taken over already...
psycosquirrel
I fully agree revolt.

If there were aliens out there, they would either let us fully know about them or stay completely hidden to try to preserve our society (assuming their society is similar to ours, though it would probably be more advanced).

Nonetheless, that is a very cool site and I love seeing some of the really complex crop circles. They are one of the most unique art forms.
nfo_c
Cropcircles are made as a recreational activity... Rolling Eyes
Shuryou
My guess is those "Crop Circles" are made using digital image editing software, such as photoshop. The patterns are too perfect to be made by humans, and the concept of people believing in aliens makes me laugh. It's not even hard to make crop circles in a field, using Photoshop, or any othe program of the same nature.
a.Bird
Shuryou wrote:
My guess is those "Crop Circles" are made using digital image editing software, such as photoshop. The patterns are too perfect to be made by humans, and the concept of people believing in aliens makes me laugh. It's not even hard to make crop circles in a field, using Photoshop, or any othe program of the same nature.

haha. if it's not hard, i would aboslutely love to see you have your go at it.
radd
is that made by alien? not attractive at all. can they be a little more creative? they should take art clas.. hehehe
Josso
Haha, yeah... just people with too much time on their hands I expect. They do look VERY good though, it's art basically. That picture you've displayed looks like where I live roughly! chiltern hills could be hills displayed in background.

Quote:
Alton Barnes, Wiltshire, England.

Ok I checked, that is actually quite near that's why I regonised the landscape.
Jayfarer
What do the land owners do with the crop circles afterwards? Cut it down and continue to grow? Turn it into a tourist attraction?
Blaster
Helios wrote:
a.Bird wrote:
Becky wrote:

You're not wrong.

Beautiful images, btw Smile
Those "aliens" are quite artistic Wink

Yes helios you are a good artist.
jaime_thom
jeepers guys and gals, everyone knows that crop circles are caused by

"mysterious shift in the magnetic field gives rise to a current that "electrocutes" the crops forcing them to lie flat on the ground."
Ghost Rider103
Everyone knows cropcircles are formed by shadows, and tall walls. What they do is block the parts off with a tal wall and put a shadow above it take it off in the next 24 hours and u have a crop circle Rolling Eyes
myrevolt
Firefox crop circle link found on digg
Blaster
No crop circles are made by helios its that simple. He is an alien duh dont' you believe in helios ???
zjosie729
That's a really neat design. Could make a very nice logo.
Assiez
I love crop circles, they're usually amazingly beautiful and their execution is impressive. Perhaps aliens made em, but for those made by people I truly admire their skill.

Speaking of crop circles, did anyone hear about the huge firefox crop circle that someone made, you can find more info below.

http://www.firefoxflicks.com/web-diaries/?p=96