FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Sex and the City

Vlien
I know, I know! There aren't many girls/women on this forum, and the series has ended a long time ago (it's still broadcast in Belgium, though). Are there any Sex and the City fans on here? Who's your favourite character (you could identify with, if only just a little)? I like Charlotte's clothes most, and I find Carrie's personality most close to mine... ahum. And I'm a bit of a writer too Cool
Becky
Woo i'm a girl!! lol Very Happy

Only watched a couple of episodes of Sex and the City, becase my mum was a massive fan of the show, and i kinda liked it to. I still watch it, when i cant find anything else watch, as theres reruns on the tv of it all the time here in the uk. Smile
m_furquan36
was dragged by my girlfriend to watch it with her Razz i hardly use to pay attention to it but she really did seem to go nuts over it.
mayur
can guys have a say?

I never knew that it was a ladies only tv show!

well myself n a lot other guys like watchin the show(reruns) every weeknight.

it is surely kinda shockin, to think of what goes on in a womans head(i'm pretty sure there are very few women like the fab four on the show)
Vlien
Quote:
well myself n a lot other guys like watchin the show(reruns) every weeknight.

it is surely kinda shockin, to think of what goes on in a womans head(i'm pretty sure there are very few women like the fab four on the show)

Hehe, that's great! I mean, the fact that guys like to watch it too takes the series to another level.
There are indeed few women like them, but I think their thoughts are quite close to reality. I often find myself thinking things through and analysing situations like Carrie. Not that I am the norm or anything Cool but... you know... women do worry a lot!
Svarn
Well the writers did a very good job balancing differing female perspectives amongst the four principal actors. So there is always a good chance they hit the nail on the head from your point of view with one of their opinions!
SusieSmacktard
I enjoy watching Sex and The City. Mostly, I wish I could steal Carrie's wardrobe. Sometimes, I wish I could steal Aidan and Mr. Big, too!
pennymellow
I love that show. Aiden makes my heart melt. As for identifying with a character, I'm definately a Miranda (though my inner Charlotte occasionally rises up and catches people by suprise).
shinnoyami
I ike watching the show when i see it on tv. Just started to watch it, and it's a little addicting. I think that I'm more like miranda, but a little of all four at the same time too.
darkshadow
Sorry, but I think the show is horrible!!! I have seen it a couple of times to make an educated opinion. The first thing that I noticed was that It was the same thing over and over again. The second thing is that it makes men seem stupid and living for the sole purpose of scoring with women.
QrafTee
Vlien wrote:
I know, I know! There aren't many girls/women on this forum, and the series has ended a long time ago (it's still broadcast in Belgium, though). Are there any Sex and the City fans on here? Who's your favourite character (you could identify with, if only just a little)? I like Charlotte's clothes most, and I find Carrie's personality most close to mine... ahum. And I'm a bit of a writer too Cool

Sex and the City seems pretty dumb (Yes I'm a guy). I mean I see where it's trying to go, but having three ugly girl and one good looking one (the brunette) live their rich-esque lives trying to keep up with fashion go to the parties, find guys, deal with drama, have sex, etc. etc. seems really pointless. And to top it off they make it like the ugly girls seem sexy, which they don't and they make them smoke (which in my opinion makes them look even worst than they already were). But yeah, the brunette is hot, so... what was I saying again?
mah_lau
I don't think that Sex & The City is bad at all! Actually it's a really great show and I confess: It's my guilty pleasure to watch it. I suggest to everyone that they should watch it! This how has the answer to all of life's relationship problems! (well, I think so at least. I shouldn't over generalize)

I think the reason that Carrie smokes is to reflect a lot of women who do. In this case, it's art imitating life. The show was giving you a real sit-com type look at life (in NY?).

Over-all.. I give this show an A+. They should bring a show back like it.
Vladana
I like Sex and The City. In Russia it was shown twice and I watched both times. I think, it's very interesting and vital to watch different relationships.
My favourite characters are Carrie and Samanta. In my opinion, women have right to be so free and live in such way
disidro
Hi, I'm a guy and I love Sex and the City! It's true that the four main female characters seem to be obsessed with men and clothes, but that's just what you see at first. You then realize that thay are very different from each other and that they face everyday problems that can happen to us all, both men and women.

My favorite character is Carrie. I love her independence and her lifestyle. Plus, if she ate properly she would be very hot!!!