FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Canon 350D digital camera tips

fionab
Hello all owners of this camera. I am looking for some setting tips. I find that my night shots of people are overexposed using the std settings what reccomendations do you have for the best results?
TSpiralP
just keep the quality at default (3m) and dont use flash if you dont need it
rudi
I think you should try manual mode and try some shots with diferent settings. For beginning fix aperure to some value and try with differnet shutter settings (how long exposure do you want).
I think you can get with program mode great results just by an accident. Wink

Nice shooting!
joxang
I won't second the thing about manual mode, because the effects are often different for different SLRs, and it takes loads of time and experimenting before you're completely comforatble with the different settings. Does the Canon have several presets? if so, use them.

And never use the flash unless you really need to i.e. in a dark room with no light source at all, or photographing a person really close to you who has a light source behind their back. The flash makes pictures look horrible.

If your night shots are consistantly overexposed, try setting the mode to changing shutter speed only and lower that, but not too much so the picture isn't too dark. It might even give you a preview on the screen...
lisamenzel
makes sure you turn digital zoom off. It's the phoniest setting on any digital camera.
Mr Smith
I've always had a problem with this camera when trying to take night shots of the city... how on Earth do we set it up to do that?
sir.paul.chaplin
that's right about digital zoom. Biggest scam in digital photography. Also, when buying a camera, don't get fooled by megapixels. A 7MP camera really isn't much better than a 5mp one. 6-7MP is almost negligible