FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

what kind of your handphone ?

wendy86
I use the nokia 3100... what about your ? and any function of your handphone ? like GPRS,MMS ....
the-geek
i hav nok 6600 n moto c380. Nok is bulky n has whole lots of thing. But moto is simple n i like it.i hav EDGE 4 surf n do all. Love moto
Jeslyn

My phone, cost $700, most of my money, but worth every penny. I adore this thing.
kazikame
I have a Nokia 3310. It has text messaging and snake Rolling Eyes
r_y_e_20
kazikame wrote:

I dont know why, but here in our country, you will be laughed at if you are using just a Nokia 3310. Bad though. People here are always updated with the latest brand of cellphone. Statistically Philippines was among the countries with highest handphone/mobile users. And you bet, the highest texters too. eheh. We even have a free call here for 15 minutes without any congestions. After 15 minutes then you have to redial and you can connect again for 15 minutes. Good isnt it. Service providers here do earn big even risking those free calls.
kazikame
r_y_e_20 wrote:
kazikame wrote:

I dont know why, but here in our country, you will be laughed at if you are using just a Nokia 3310. Bad though. People here are always updated with the latest brand of cellphone. Statistically Philippines was among the countries with highest handphone/mobile users. And you bet, the highest texters too. eheh. We even have a free call here for 15 minutes without any congestions. After 15 minutes then you have to redial and you can connect again for 15 minutes. Good isnt it. Service providers here do earn big even risking those free calls.

I do get laughed at for it. I just don't actually use it. I rely on MSN instead Cool
HoboPelican
Jeslyn wrote:

My phone, cost $700, most of my money, but worth every penny. I adore this thing.

LOL. I love that thing. I am NOT going to show it to my wife though, becuase she'd have me looking everywhere for it Laughing

I use a Mot v710. It sucks. The camera is a joke. The bluetooth has been crippled so the only thing you can use it for is the headset or handsfree. Just waiting for the end of my contract and then I'll check this topic to see what I should get next. Wink
Hammy
I got the Sony Ericsson w810i
Orange.. 25/month.. 350mins...500txts.

It's got.. hmm. lotsa stuff i dont use lol. I txt n call people Smile . n take pictures. lol
Josso
I have the Nokia 6101, it's not a great phone I've had quite a few problems with it. If you ask me Nokia's not as good as they used to be and problems started occuring when phones became more complex. I like the way that camera phones can produce half-decent resolutions now (due to increase of hard drive space). It'll be outdated in the next 8-9 months though, I hate the way phones do that. They are worse than computers and that's saying something.
nazty
I just closed a hot deal... I got n91 for free... Hehehe... By the way, it is not really a cross-deal, it is a benefit from my work.

I wish I have N93. Although N91 is really fine. 4GB of music and lot more.
GProject
I'm a Sony Ericsson user too, I really like their phones. I'm on the old T610 at the moment, but I'd like to upgrade that to one of the W8xx series soon.

It'll probably be an eBay deal, since I'm on Pay-as-you-go.
amusic
I'm using Sony Ericsson K750i, quite a lot of functions. Bluetooth, can play mp4, mp3, can extend memory to 2Gig.
Maximkevm
sony ericsson j300i , mms and sms, that's it... only 50 Very Happy
HoboPelican
amusic wrote:
I'm using Sony Ericsson K750i, quite a lot of functions. Bluetooth, can play mp4, mp3, can extend memory to 2Gig.

Question for you. About how many songs fit and how long does the battery last? I was always worried about running the battery down and not having charge for a call. Is this any issue for you?
kikass
HoboPelican wrote:
amusic wrote:

Question for you. About how many songs fit and how long does the battery last? I was always worried about running the battery down and not having charge for a call. Is this any issue for you?

hi all... just got here... first post ! Smile

i am using a k750i too...battery life is good on this phone... i listen to songs/FM a lot and the normal calls/text, i have to charge my phone every 3 days generally...
about the number of songs.. that depends on how big a memory stick duo you put on your phone.. as AMUSIC mentioned you can plug in upto 2 GB card... i am using 1 GB stick and all my tracks are AAC (.m4a) at 112 or 128 kbps... on an average i can stuff upto 350 songs in it...

and yes... i have to say... the best phone i have owned !!!
seanooi
i'm using sony ericsson's K750i as well with a 512mb pro duo memory stick. It's a nice phone with good functions. But planning to give it to my girlfriend and get a K800i Laughing
kikass
yeah... i saw my friends k800i today! amazing! the screen is so much better (and bigger does help!) ... and the camera is 3.2MP !!! and the menu didnt slow down even a bit with the heaviest of themes! (thats the only thing i dont like about k750i.. if you use a heavy animation as wallpaper, gettin in and out of menu becomes very very slow Sad )

btw any ideas from where i can get nice animated wallpapers for my cell? even though they slow down my cell... i love em!
nugatron
I use a brick and i drew some numbers on it. Usually when I make a call though nothing goes thorugh. I've been able to talk to people a few times though. The only features it has is window bashing. Sad
Helios
3510i \m/ Cool
alex08
i have nokia 6280 a user friendly slide concept in a compact design, 2 intergrated cameras 2 megapixel camera on the back with landscape camera mode and flash, VGA camera on the front for video call and with high speed connection with 3G ang edge and have two way video call capability for face to face communication, and with fast e-mail access high-resolution display, music player with sterio with miniSD card supported
guissmo
N70 - gotta love the cam! It has a good phone memory size, fun clear camera and can play music and you can connect it to your PC via USB. nothing (as of now) can beat it. Razz
Shiva
I'm using the nokia 6230i..

The standard phone of my country acctually..

It has got all the standard functions like camera, recorder, radio, mp3-player and of cause, you can call and send SMS'es Wink
alkady
Jeslyn wrote:

Is the kitty flicking the finger at me? It looks like it is.

Anyways, I have a LG 6190, It's not the greatest, But it does the trick and I'm suprised for the price I paid, It came with a Digital Camera, Voice Dial and stuff like that.
Shiva
I would kill myself if I had to own that sort of phone!! Laughing
Archetype
I have some Motorola piece of crap. Hey, as long as it can make, and recieve calls, that's all I need. I bought this one in place of my old camera phone, as I wanted something that didn't drain the battery to hell.

Does me just fine, as I really only use it when I have to.

EDIT: Motorola V262
standready
Nokia 5150.
Alienz
I like Sony Ericsson designs. I am using Sony Ericsson K750i.
NjRocket
seems like everyone is using the razor
Pyro Man
I had a 6220 for a while, the Nokia with the flashing lights on the side. It SUCKED! it fell to peices within six months! I currently use a 3200 which is okish I geuss. I do get adicted to the games though. But all I need it for is texting and calls. I am on the 02 Genie service. So i get 300 free texts a month, so long as I top up 10 a month.
jcvincent
I own a Motorola C118. Yup you got it! the cheapest phone out in the market. hehe. I'm just after texts and calls.

Its features:

1. Battery Saving setting
2. Automatic power off/on.

There. There goes its best features. But I love my phone. hehe. It look good anyway. I'm a practical kind of person, so I don't care if my phone is not a colored one, no mp3 players, no cameras, and no anything but text and call features only. The best part is, It works perfectly, and it suits my need..

Peace!
woozzii
I'm current use an shitti Motorola, i hate it but i have money for new phone. I would say Nokia ist the best, is simply to use and i love the snake game Very Happy
eqfan
one Nokia 3310. here
ItsWesley
I recently bought a nokia 6680 and its great, it can play mp3s and loads of other music files, it has a camera, I can use it as a gps thingy if I have a reciever and I can even emulate megadrive games on it.
sketteksalfa
now im using a very old T68i erricson. Its already junk that it cant receive calls nor make calls. just for text messaging. i always plan to buy new one but new important expenses are coming, so it always been pended.
abhisek16
My favorite handset is Nokia N80. I presently own a Nokia 6600 but I am going to get a N80 soon.
frenchy
Ive got a pair of Phillips ear phone couldn't tell you the model but i bought them out of argos in the UK and there wicked for sound.
There the one with the band that goes just behind your neck, with a oval circle covering the ears, which i think gives better sound then the ones that go in the actual ears.lol
mwellsy
i got a nec 600i

has imode
can send email
and surf the net
and can play a whole movie
has upgradable sd memory

the only thing it can't do is use an mp3 file as a ringtone

they are great when you find one that works (like mine)

but if you get a bad one, you'll have nothing but trouble with it.

Laughing
Ozzy
Sony Ericsson T230

So bad compared to my last phone.
shwetanshu
i m using Motorola slvr l7
monzoncf
Ok, the first phone I've ever had is the Nokia 3310. It's been 5 years since I've got it. Then I've got also Nokia 3510, then 3650, next is 6600, then Nokia 9500 and last is... what? I don't have the last. But I wanted to have a Nokia N93. Maybe I will have it by March 2007. So many phones. I like the phone more advanced... Smile I'm just a simple 2nd Year College Student here in the Philippines. And all that phone is a gift comes from my Dad.
deStructuralized
I use a Motorola L6...basically a downgraded version of the SLVR (L7, like shetanshu's).

I really like it 'cause it's sleek and it doesn't bulge out of my pockets, but I feel that the buttons are too small to hit effectively. There's definitely a downside to having a small phone.

Maybe I'm ignorant, but it sort of sounds like Nokia's making a big comeback, huh? For a few years the shift has been towards other brands, like Motorola and Samsung.
Loghete
Helios wrote:
3510i \m/ Cool

Woo! Me too!
Tumbleweed
Nokia 6270...with a 2gb memory card.......cam, video , mp3 player, radio ,gizmo, gadget,.....I think its a bit flimsy and probably wont survive a good night on the tiles , and the battery needs charging everynight if you use the gizmos and gadgets.......its a functional phone
okullar
I used to use nokia 1100. It was the best mobile phone I have ever used, because I dont use my phone to listen to music or take photos or connect internet, etc. so I don't need to have an expensive mobile phone. I got it cheaper then all others and it was very compfortable Laughing (yes compfortable Laughing ) Good battery is also a very important point of 1100

I had to change my nokia 1100 with my sister. She had nokia 2100. It is some similar to 1100 but not as good as 1100. For example, buttons are harder to push, so I miss my 1100 while I writing sms' Razz . By the way, battery of 2100 is not as long as 1100. So I suffer sometimes, because, suddently charge finishes... Surprised

Oh my God! I want my 1100 back!!!! Laughing

(...come on, give me my 1100... Laughing Laughing Laughing )
afterglow
I have my old and battered nokia 3120 and I'm proud to have it. I'm using it since I was in grade school and now that I am in Junior high, I can say that It was really reliable and easy to use.
Laughing
jongoldsz
I use the motorola RAZR.
ashen
I just own a Motorola C381, thats my beloved and one only mobile phone. (poor me... Crying or Very sad)
ryanh2006
I am a proud owner of a Nokia 6280. It is my latest phone and I love it to bits. I am a college student so I need a phone that has tons of cool entertainment features as well as great PIM. This phone is wicked, it has a 2 megapixel camera that takes beautiful pics and being a student and all its so awesome to have 1 device that can do everything including taking awesome shots. Its got an awesome MP3/AAC player, a Radio, Video playback, amazing screen, Bluetooth 2.0....and tons of other stuff. It really is a mobile "digital hub"
izcool
I think I'm the only one here who has the most expensive phone...I just got it the other day. I love it so much.

My phone (presently) is a T-Mobile MDA (also known as the HTC Wizard overseas). I paid $450.00 for it, without a contract. I was lucky to get it without one and keep my same number. All I had to do was to move the SIM chip from my old phone to this new one. It has almost everything you can imagine - it's a PDA & phone (smartphone is the word ?), WiFi, Bluetooth, 1.3MP camera, Windows Media Player, Windows Mobile 5.0, IrDA (although I don't know too many people who uses this nowadays), sliding keyboard, the works.

My last phone was the Motorola RAZR V3. The phone was decent to me, had Bluetooth with it, but I wanted to get one of the best out there. So that's why I got my new one, as I was sorta tired of this one.

T-Mobile MDA (new phone) - Motorola RAZR V3 (old phone) -

- Mike.
fuzzy91
Meh, cruddy Samsung flip atm. Want to get the k800i or w950i (when it's realeased) because it looks absolutely amazing! Very Happy

~Fuzzy
KentB

I bought the new "Chocolate" phone... I have no idea how many functions it has as I just got it yesterday...

My plan has unlimited text messaging, though, so I plan on making Bell regret that.
conrutr
i use moto mpx200

allanxiao
Motorola V3, I only need the phone to make calls, so it's enough, but the battery is a bit disappointing.
fadirocks
here is my crappy phone that It's about to die
I kill phones fast so i can't afford actually paying for one Razz
http://www.nokiausa.com/phones/6016i

Hey it has an Organizer!
junx
Mine is T-Mobile MDA Vario Pro, Windows Mobile 5.0 installed, 2GB external memory disk. Currently thinking to get a Tom Tom GPS
dickyzin
I'm using a LG U8180. I'll probably be changing to a Nokia 6288 soon.