FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

how to do SEO?

niceboy
is it useful to extend site?
I am knowing nothing about it
anyone who had do it before can tell something here?
thanks
manumiglani
www.searchengineoptimizationtips.be .......... Provides seo tips for beginners.
niceboy
let me see it
thank you
lookahead
thank u i am also new to SEO..I want to know are there any softwares that automate the process of optimising the webpages for better seo rankings.
ncaditya
But some can help like IBP. Internet business promoter. Check out their website at http://www.axandra-web-site-promotion-software-tool.com/index.htm or google for IBP.

This software compares the top 10 sites for a given keyword and tells to what your site is lacking and how to cover that up. Hope this helps.
Regards,
Aditya
mysplice
You have to be careful when you hire an SEO company. SEO's can sometimes do more bad than good. There are many bad pratices that SEO's can do that could hurt your rankings of maybe even get dropped from that search engine altogether.

It's real important to have a basic understanding of SEO. Most stuff you can do yourself just by reading about it online. It's mainly content in which you word things. Make sure to use descriptions for all images in the alt tags also. When search engines index your pages they don't know how to read images but haveing a description will help.
rahmat
Here, I have some tips about SEO. No paying needed.

1. Everybody like free stuff

Give presents in return of visiting your site. This will increase your Page rank.

2. The most important point of SEO

The most important point is your meta tag setting.

<title>main keyword.........</title>
<meta name="Description" contents="Your Site Description">
<meta name="Keywords" contents="keyword1,keyword2,.....">

Put those tags between <head> and </head>

After that analyze your website at http://submitexpress.com/analyzer

Good luck
SoftStag
rahmat wrote:
Here, I have some tips about SEO. No paying needed.

1. Everybody like free stuff

Give presents in return of visiting your site. This will increase your Page rank.

2. The most important point of SEO

The most important point is your meta tag setting.

<title>main keyword.........</title>
<meta name="Description" contents="Your Site Description">
<meta name="Keywords" contents="keyword1,keyword2,.....">

Put those tags between <head> and </head>

After that analyze your website at http://submitexpress.com/analyzer

Good luck

This is not good advice. Search engines do not use meta tags any more, they are redundant and not worth wasting time on. Also, Page Rank has nothing to do with the number of visitors your site has, but how important Google believes your site to be.

The most important things are to ensure your site has plenty of good, orginal content. Then you need to make sure you can plenty of links to your site, preferably with the search term you are optimising in the anchor text. Google etc will find the sites and links to it all by itself and you will appear in the search results.

There is a lot more that you can do to improve your results, but I won't go in to it here.
OutwardBound
I love this SEO very much. Although I knew that search engines don't use META tags any more, the SEO cost nothing and it still gives good advises with statistices. This gives me a picture/an impression I can't get from just looking at my webpage! This SEO still gives some uses!
netpro
this may usefull - SECRETS OF SEARCH ENGINES :
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-50347.html
manumiglani
Quote:
3. One of my friend said that google loves few particular colors but I am not sure how true it is.
4. Use your own pages to link to one another (Don't waste your resources)
5. If you have multiple sites, try to get one site some PR and link your other sites to that ...

I am sorry but I have to say that these are no more than crap.....
mysplice
niceboy wrote:
thanks

What do you mean by "extend site"?
manumiglani
mysplice wrote:
niceboy wrote:
thanks

What do you mean by "extend site"?

Its certainly useful to make your site big with more and more related content and resources. Do keep the content and resources related to your subject.
nappa
WOW.....SEO is a big topic to discuss...can't be cover in just a few pages. Why don't you buy some books and study. Then come back and ask what you don't really understand Smile or if you have any specific question... I will help if I know the answer Smile
manumiglani
mmmmmmm........... books for seo??????

not good atleast for me...........Internet is enough and more specific with forums to answer your questions and live references. you can start with my site......... www.searchenginewatch.com is certainly the best place to learn seo. www.highrankings/forum is one of the best seo forums to shoot your questions at.