FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

php script not loading

AssimilationGamer
Hi, I was just wondering if anyone could help me with this problem. When I try to run a php script, it keeps telling me that permission is denied, and I cannot figure out why, everything seems to check out. Please help.
Traveller
Do you get the same error with any other PHP files? Try:
Code:
<?
echo "Hello, World";
?>
and see if it works.

Does the code you're trying to install need a database and, if so, have you created one through your DirectAdmin panel yet?

Does the script you are trying to use call shell_exec()? This probably shouldn't be a problem, since the server does not have Safe Mode turned on, but it may depend upon what it is trying to do.
AssimilationGamer
That snippit of code did work, and it is not trying to use the call you mentioned. The file I am trying to use is supposed to "install" the Legend of the Green Dragon on the server, and it does need a database, in mysql, but I set up the database. Additionally, this is what I get when trying to run the file

Warning: Unknown(/home/assimila/domains/lotgd.frih.net/public_html/installer.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown(/home/assimila/domains/lotgd.frih.net/public_html/installer.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in Unknown on line 0

Warning: (null)(): Failed opening '/home/assimila/domains/lotgd.frih.net/public_html/installer.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in Unknown on line 0
AssimilationGamer
Help me please. I am just trying to get this running, and enjoy my free hosting with this awesome site. Thanks
Traveller
AssimilationGamer wrote:
That snippit of code did work, and it is not trying to use the call you mentioned. The file I am trying to use is supposed to "install" the Legend of the Green Dragon on the server, and it does need a database, in mysql, but I set up the database. Additionally, this is what I get when trying to run the file

Warning: (null)(): Failed opening '/home/assimila/domains/lotgd.frih.net/public_html/installer.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in Unknown on line 0

Well, it's trying to open a file or, maybe a pipe (hence the "stream"), so whatever it's trying to do is not something for which it has the permission. Make sure that files that are supposed to be read, but not executed, are set to 644 permissions, and that scripts that must be executed are set to 755.

It's difficult to say exactly what is happening (especially in that failed inclusion) without seeing the code involved (i.e. what is it trying to include that gives the third error, and what is it trying to open or execute that gives the first two?