FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Visual Studio Express Edition

ClanDestine
I got the express edtion, it seems to be working out well for making websites and all. I'm really enjoying it. So I've gotten what I want my site to look like and am trying to host what it looks like in studio on the internet. To do that do I just copy over all the files?

Help would greatly be appreciated.
RiCtee
Are the files Active Server Pages (ASP)?? Can't use it in frihost. It needs the Microsoft .NET stuff.
ClanDestine
Yeah... I think they are, and they are like the aspx.net stuff. Is there a way to change them? Or maybe build my website in a different thing, still using Visual studio?

Thanks for the help, I'm really new to HTML, so I don't know that much and could use all the help i can get.
RiCtee
Do you know how to code in ASP?? If you are new to HTML then you probably don't know ASP yet, right? That's what I'm assuming. Then I'm also assuming that you're using the WYSIWYG GUI. In that case, you should create a .htm OR .html page. Probably somewhere in New > File > HTML (not sure).
agusta
hmmmm....u have any previous idea of how ASP works...if not....before exporting to web adjust the pages for various resolutions......then only do wat others told? Idea
ClanDestine
Alright, I'll try that, thanks.

Yeah, you guys are right, I've got no previous skills in asp stuff, lol. But i'm hoping to learn them quickly.