FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What is the Difference Between Love and Affection

tamilchild
What is the Difference between love and Affection?
JoeFriday
love is a feeling.. affection is the physical expression of it

the two can be combined, or separate.. you can have love without expression/affection (which is a sad thing, IMO).. and you can have affection without love.. altho generally some attraction is required
S3nd K3ys
Love is intercourse, affection is oral copulation. Wink
Subsonic Sound
When you realise that you've never met anyone like her before, and never will again. That you could never live without her, and could never let her go. When the mere sound of her voice makes you smile, whatever mood you're in. When the sight of her smile gives you shivers, and a glimpse of a tear makes you want to change the world to make her better.

That's love.
linexpert
Subsonic Sound wrote:
When you realise that you've never met anyone like her before, and never will again. That you could never live without her, and could never let her go. When the mere sound of her voice makes you smile, whatever mood you're in. When the sight of her smile gives you shivers, and a glimpse of a tear makes you want to change the world to make her better.

That's love.

That was a really good description of love.
Nice job Wink
Subsonic Sound
And when it's reciprocated, that's the best feeling in the world. Smile
Shake
Quote:

That's love.

You're some kinda freak aren't ya? Lol...jk...but I don't think you would want to change the world to make her better. When you realize that she is the BEST thing in the whole world, THEN, it's love.
Kaneda
Shake wrote:
You're some kinda freak aren't ya? Lol...jk...but I don't think you would want to change the world to make her better. When you realize that she is the BEST thing in the whole world, THEN, it's love.

Erm... I think you'll find that "make you better" is a common (and in some cases prefered) way of saying "make you feel better" Razz

And yes, Subsonic, you nailed it. Smile And for once I can make a relatively short post.
chloekaris
love meaning:
A deep, tender, ineffable feeling of affection and solicitude toward a person, such as that arising from kinship, recognition of attractive qualities, or a sense of underlying oneness

affection meaning:
A tender feeling toward another; fondness

Affection is more of a fondness of someone an early feeling lik before love it's more of an ''action'' it's hard to explain you usually use affection when people are being really close and things, they are showing their affection.

Love is more a feeling two people feel between eachother, a feeling no-one really can explain because it's different for everyone, it's hard to tell it's love but really inside you know it is because you've never experienced this feeling before!
Subsonic Sound
Another comment, based on what happened to me last night.

Lust can be dispelled rapidly, but love stays, and is stronger in comparison.

Last night, my girlfriend and I were... well, let's just say lust was a pretty strong force. Oh, the things I wanted to do to her...

But shortly afterwards, for unrelated reasons, something made her really upset, and confused... looking at her, seeing how upset she was, the urge to hold her, comfort her, and make everything all right was FAR stronger than the urges for any of the things I'd wanted to do from lust.