FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Anime BEST ENDINGS

ren_sierra
1. Full Metal Alchemist (If you've seen Conqueror of Shamballa you'll know what I mean)
2. Neon Genesis Evangelion (Twisted as always but good nonetheless)
3. Gundam Wing Endless Waltz
4. Card Captor Sakura
5. Dual (kudos on the comic side)
rightclickscott
I wouldn't call it a "great" ending, but in Najica Blitz Tactics, the story was really lacking throughout all of the first 10 episodes, but in the final 2 parter, I was surprised at how well it came together in the end.
xframe
NGE of course. End of Evangelion was a great movie especially seeing Asuka go crazy on the mass production evas at the end.
Tac-Tics
Fullmoon wo Sagashite is such a beautiful story. I love it.
jasmine
The Ending of the first Samurai X OAV (Kenshin and Tomoe). The ending sent shivers down my spine as the legendary Samurai sits under a tree and a ghostly image of his Tomoe embraces him.
eqdsign
Some great endings... hmmm... well, first off, Elfen Lied, Samurai X Trust and Betrayal, Neon Genesis Evangelion (not the original ending, the alternative one, End of Evangelion).
scryoko
Ahh, yes, yes, I agree. Full Metal Alchemist and Gundam Wing Endless Waltz had wonderful endings... Though I can't say much about Evangelion... haven't seen it. But other anime that I thought that had great endings were... Sailor Moon actually, Spiral, and Weiss Kreuz.

And for an anime movie... I'd say Castle in the Sky, Laputa. ^__^

Regards,
-- scryoko
Pikokola
hmm ending...

how about :
1. The Law of Ueki
2. Mahou Sensei Negima [Eventough the anime is not too god over all, but the ending sure good for me XD]

the other.. sorry i'm forgot XD

Piko
sugar-poo
I like Tsubasa Chronicle ending or Chobits. They're both from CLAMP, but the music is Bleach. Cause they sound soooo shounen. Which I like ^^
jasmine
There's also the ending of Voltes V. It's not a fave of mine but I never thought of its ending that way. @_@

I never thought the enemies were actually family and gaaaaah... does it really have to happen that way!?

I hate sad endings but it makes the story memorable. Sad
Monkeydog
Negima's ending was like horrible...how could you like it?!?!? D:

Cowboy Bebop's is my favourite.
Hylian-Knight
I loved FMA's ending, It was surprisingly different to what I expected.
jasmine
I like the ending of Escaflowne. So wonderfully sad and memorable. True love at its best.
Dark_Jedi06
I enjoyed the Fullmetal Alchemist ending as well, I found it surprising and a good twist. Fooly Cooly has a nice ending as well, though it makes you feel bad for Naoto... Crying or Very sad
Nintendo
ATM, iv only seen the end of 2 animes. I plan to watch Full metal alchemist once i catch up with naruto however. The only ones iv seen and finished are love hina and full metal panic - fumoffu. The endings both totally sucked imo Sad. The movies to cap off love hina werent too good Sad. And the ending to fumoffu was random and sudden, but the last episode was funny as hell. So atm, that wins my vote Smile.
hofodomo01
Elfen Lied...the gothic church bell, ends just as it begins.

Air...the ending made me cry, actually. Half of the show didn't even make sense, but it was quite sad.

Kanon...well, not the ending per se, but more of the climax in the last few episodes...the part where Yuichii remembers what happened in the past, if you've ever seen it.
NewGuyinTown
Fullmetal Alchemist is the anime that has the best ending that I've seen.
Just wondering what and how Winry will do and feel...

Didn't really like the ending of Law of Ueki because the story was messed up to begin with...

Didn't like Chrno Crusade's ending because the guy didn't die.

Didn't like Air TV's ending because the main character becomes a crow and Mizuki dies.

Didn't like Midori no Hibi because Midori has ammesia after she turns back to normal... ... but it was OK.

Didn't like Kono... Sekia (This Ugly and Beautiful World) because the protagonist ending up an antagonist... ... ... -_-

Scrapped Princess's Ending was good.

Didn't like the Gundam Seed Destiny ending... and Seed Ending was destroyed by Seed Destiny.

Erementar Gerad was good.

Didn't like Saikano's ending because Earth and its population are wiped out.

blah, blah, blah...

In conclusion, most anime endings I've seen are not good. If it is, it's not that great.
exarkun
I like Shaman King's ending, as it kinda hold people in suspension, with the Shaman Fight stopping halfway. It give me hope that there might be a second series of the anime.
NuStar
Samurai Champloo had a good ending .. just because it leaves suspicion that theyll do another season later on .. Question
NooBix
Shaman King

I hope Shaman King is continued lol.. It has a very thought-inspiring ending. Watched the series from YouTube for like... 3 times already

Anna is cool lol Rolling Eyes
Yoh is just sad Razz
Rebzie
I really liked the ending of hellsing. especially what happed to Sir Integra.
jasrudin
For me its Hajime No Ippo-Fighting Spirit

The anime series has two spin-off for the ending movies that were actually part of the manga. Champion Road, which takes place after Ippo becomes the Japanese Featherweight Champion and showcases his first defense of the title. Kimura Vs. Mashiba, which pits one of Ippo's senpai (upper classmen) against the Japanese lightweight champion (who is Ippo's love interest's
brother). But both ending is the ultra best for me

Pls try to watch this anime Fighting Spirit (はじめの一歩, Hajime no Ippo?) is a boxing anime and manga series created by Jyoji "George" Morikawa (森川 ジョージ Morikawa Jōji) which is serialized by Kodansha in Weekly Shonen Magazine.
budiman
I think the best ending anime is "grave of fireflies". You should watch it.

The movie starts in the time of WWII in Japan.

Seita and Setsuko flee from their homes one night when the air raid alarm sounds. With the fall of the NUCLEAR bombs, they become orphans and homeless. This film, based the semi-autobiography by Akiyuki Nosaka, relates the tragedies of war as Seita and Setsuko struggle to survive with only each other to hold onto.
Machan
The ending to Bakuretsu Tenshi (Burst Angel) was pretty nice. I'm an idiot so I really didn't expect it, although now that I think about it, there are a lot of clues.

I didn't really like the FMA ending. Kinda left it there... I saw the movie too, but I'm a little disappointed. Ed should have gone back to his world Sad
urbanbuddha
For me there's a long list of BAD endings or endings that don't explain everything and leave it up in the air.

For most anime, they reach the manga before it finishes so they have to rush the ending or make some stupid ending that is not relevant.

One of the better endings I've seen is Beck. Though I'm reading the manga to see how far it goes past the anime.
carlokes
In my opinium there are also a lot of animes that doesnt end in the way i would love they did. However there are some animes that end even better then i predicted they would end.

Although it's not a "super" anime i loved the end of PlanetES. This anime is actually quite normal with nothing supernatural, that takes place in a "near future" where space exploration as become a fact and people already leave on the moon.

Stay Cool
z054301
Chrno Crusade - for those fatalistic sort. In the end things ended up the way they were 'meant' to, just it wasn't realised. I.e. misinterpretation of 'prophecy'

Samurai 7 - a bit sad at the end, but in the end the purpose was achieved. 'Deeper' meanings and so forth

Honey & Clover - He 'found' himself. Warm feelings and so forth Very Happy
roninmedia
Escaflowne and NGE had wonderful endings. Same with Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien.
Pikokola
Monkeydog wrote:
Negima's ending was like horrible...how could you like it?!?!? D:

Don't know.. but I love it... how should I say... hmm.. It's just good in the last 2/3 volume, but actually the last ending is a bit plain.... ~ Yeah.. it's different with the real manga XD

NewGuyinTown wrote:
Didn't like Chrno Crusade's ending because the guy didn't die.

hey.. who doesn't die? chrono is die.... at same time when argh.. who is she.. his contractor is die...
jayrelle
I havent seen the ending of Full metal alchemist but most people say that its one of the best ending of anime series..Since I haven't seen it, I choose samurai x.. Wink
Dark_Tiger
Wolf's Rain OVA ending. Made the entire series wrap up perfectly, despite the 2 other "are we going to be able to finish this?" endings in the broadcast series.

I once described End of Eva as "The movie the director made instead of traveling to each fan's house and personally giving each one the finger." So I can't say I liked it.
shigajet
For me, I'd say Escaflowne, Evangelion, Gunbuster and Nadia (Secret of Blue Water) have the best endings yet.
scimitarmoon
I really like the ending of Utena... But as far as I'm concerned, a good ending is one that I never saw coming but at the same time is quite plausible and fits the series much better than anything I could have come up with. It was so sad and at the same time so right that I just fell in love with it, and I wouldn't have it end any other way.
bond4154
For those who've seen the ending to Graveyard of the Fireflies by Studio Ghibli, it was the only anime that almost made me cry when the ending came. Speaking of Ghibli, I also like the ending to Princess Mononoke and Porco Rosso.

Gundam SEED's ending was pretty nice too, but the ending to SEED Destiny sucked balls.
Dark_Tiger
bond4154 wrote:
For those who've seen the ending to Graveyard of the Fireflies by Studio Ghibli, it was the only anime that almost made me cry when the ending came. Speaking of Ghibli, I also like the ending to Princess Mononoke and Porco Rosso.

Gundam SEED's ending was pretty nice too, but the ending to SEED Destiny sucked balls.

Grave of the Fireflies makes EVERYONE cry. I think if you don't, you're supposed to be drug out into the street and beaten with onions until you do.

Another good movie ending is the Ghost in the Shell. The story's "end" was emotionally statsfing, if not unpredictabile.
CMA
Dark_Tiger wrote:
Grave of the Fireflies makes EVERYONE cry. I think if you don't, you're supposed to be drug out into the street and beaten with onions until you do.

Well, beat me up and call me Shinji.

After watching Saikano (episode 9 is a killer...), Kimi ga Nozomu Eien and AIR, Grave of the Fireflies didn't impress me much. Sure, it was sad, but I've seen worse...
Dark_Tiger
CMA wrote:
Dark_Tiger wrote:

Well, beat me up and call me Shinji.

After watching Saikano (episode 9 is a killer...), Kimi ga Nozomu Eien and AIR, Grave of the Fireflies didn't impress me much. Sure, it was sad, but I've seen worse...

Sure thing there Shinji. Wink

While GotF isn't the saddest tearjerker I know of, it is a good one.

To get this thread back on track, I'll point out Onegai Teacher, which ended predictabily, but well, in much the same manner as a cupcake.
animassacre
I like Excel Saga's ending ,where Menchi gets prepared to be eaten.
The opening is good too.
animassacre
I like Excel Saga's ending ,where Menchi gets prepared to be eaten.
The opening is good too.
corycaly
I think Fullmetal Alchemist (anime and movie) has the best ending but I like Chrno Crusade conclusion. It's probably the saddest ending I've ever seen but I think It's beautiful. The two characters have some hours left to live, they didn't admit their love and all their dreams faded away.
They are afraid to die but they stay together, holding hands and watching their last sunset.
It's so beautiful....
saya
The best anime I have seen is ( BLOOD+ )
its so sad and i love the sad ending.....
chastise
My favourite ending would have to be from the anime, Loveless. It was a soft bitter sweet ending, and I liked it. Ouran High School Club had a beautiful ending as well. And of course who could forget the ending to Fullmetal Alchemist, even though I was upset when Alphonse Heiderich died.
olag
My favourite ending is trinity blood. I love this ending. This smooth and somptuous voice is very nice to listen to.
tyrant
Chrono Crusade was superb from start to end.
Full Metal Panic was pretty good as well.
Grander Musashi
Dual
Evangelion

Ai yori aoshi
Love Hina
X the anime was also awesome
Vandread 1 & 2
Wolf’s Rain

Lol actually quite a few ended off pretty well.

Just a personal opinion, i realised that there alot of good anime's out there but most of them end up having a rushed ending.

Samurai deeper kyo was awesome, but somewhere in the middle everything got cramped.

Black blood brothers looked promising until i found out it was only 12 episodes..

I don't expect producers to follow those "soap opera" animes but atleast do something within the range of 36 episodes !
prilly_baby
I like gundam wing's ending and also kenshins.
Chalchihuitlicue
scryoko wrote:
Ahh, yes, yes, I agree. Full Metal Alchemist and Gundam Wing Endless Waltz had wonderful endings... Though I can't say much about Evangelion... haven't seen it. But other anime that I thought that had great endings were... Sailor Moon actually, Spiral, and Weiss Kreuz.

And for an anime movie... I'd say Castle in the Sky, Laputa. ^__^

Regards,
-- scryoko

Wait, Spiral? How could you like the ending of that? Not only was the animation terrible beyond belief, but nothing was resolved! NOTHING! Not the Blade Children thing, not what happened to Ayumu's brother, nothing!

I do agree with scimitarmoon about liking the end of Utena, though. It's an ending most people would never see coming, but it's very fitting.
Seiji
Spiral was an awesome series up to episode 13. I stopped at episode 13 but I guess I should continue watching it.

The best ending was Spikes "Bang!" at the end of Cowboy Bebop.
xj975
Hated the end of Eva, hated the end of Fma.

Loved the ending of Elfin Lied.
My personal favorite ending thus far is the end of Kite.
Chalchihuitlicue
Seiji wrote:
Spiral was an awesome series up to episode 13. I stopped at episode 13 but I guess I should continue watching it.

No, don't. It goes completely downhill from there. What you know now about everything is all you'll know by the end, though the animation will get about ten times worse. It turns into more of a repetetive thing after about where you're at, with only one or two plot points. I was so disappointed with it, after the wonderful beginning.