FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Stay FRI and travel?

Bippy
Hey there, I was looking at FRIhost, but there is somethng I'm a little worried about.

I want to set up a small webpage about my travels, and a blog. I like the idea behind FriHost, but I'm planning on riding my bicycle from Austin, Texas to San Diego, California, and then from San Diego up to Seattle.

There might be long periods where I don't HAVE internet access. I'm going to do this on the cheap (couch surfing and so on), so I won't be staying at hotels with wifi.

Do you think I'd be at risk for having my page shut down? My last paid host went under, so I don't know if I want to make ANOTHER page here at FriHost, then have it shut down, then go forth and make a third webage that may or may not survive.

I like the idea behind FriHost, but with what I'm doing I don't know if I can make it work Sad

Bippy
Hammy
Well i think you have a few choices...

I ashume your going to take many pictures and have great time and much to say, video's and everything? So....

1) You could create your page's after your wicked journey?

2) You could have a second man?... That can keep your account active, update your website now and then, when you cant.

3) If you rack your points up, they'll go as far as 45... Then when you go away, you will have 50 days before you get your first warning at -5 points, then seconds at -10 .. and then suspended at -15 to my knowledge. I hear different things from different people, but i think this is correct.

And have fun!!! Smile
Hammy.
Hobbit
Yeah just rack up your points (no spam) and you can leave for a long time. Wink
Code of Ruin
Contact one of the admins. From what I understand they won't just throw your page in the trash bin if you have a valid reason and I think yours will count as one.
Blaster
DON"T CONTACT ANYONE

Sorry i got that from people before. Just dont' get it now and request it when you get back. You can get it and they dont' delete at 20 exactly. There are some that have over -100. So dont' worry about it.
munkey_boy
Blaster wrote:
DON"T CONTACT ANYONE

Sorry i got that from people before. Just dont' get it now and request it when you get back. You can get it and they dont' delete at 20 exactly. There are some that have over -100. So dont' worry about it.

Yes, just do what Blaster said and wait (Always listen to Blaster Shocked Twisted Evil) and Blaster, when you type in caps, make sure you don't type DON"T he he he you have to release the shift key when you type ' . Razz