FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Warcraft 3 wont run

Deji
posting this for my brother

we have a

AMD XP1700+ ( i think if not higher)
512mb of ram
128mb graphics card
directX 9.something (whatever is latest)
Running XP Pro

Warcraft 3 installs and runs ok but then when my brother tries to play it just doesnt open.. ever

any advice is appreciated.

(ive virus / spyware scanned and defragged it)
darkelven
Mabe are you using a copy burned from the original warcraft cd?
The original cd was burned with a anticopy mechanism, I don't remeber its name. But if you make a copy of the warcraft, you can install the game, but in the moment to start to playing, a dialog box will pappear in the screen with something like "The warcraft cd was not found in the device. Please insert trhe right cd on the cd rom device"

If you want have a copy of your original warcraft cd you need a burn software like alcohol 120. Is a good choice. This program burns cd copies with anticopy mechanisms.

Good luck!!!
Deji
thanks for the reply

na the CDs are fine and legit, talking to him more it kinda starts or trys to then he gets a "display settings error" and it then crashes / closes.
CCR
Deji wrote:
thanks for the reply

na the CDs are fine and legit, talking to him more it kinda starts or trys to then he gets a "display settings error" and it then crashes / closes.

Sounds Like A Video Card problem or he has the settins set to high on the game. If this is one of the games that has a ini file for the video settings try setting it to a lower resolution by manually editing the ini file with a text editor if that does not help or casues another error remove the program and reinstall it with lower video settings.