You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Photoshop Tips!

I'm a student in a university, studying psychology. but i like design very much, so i study graphic design tools by myself. i don't know how well i am in photoshop but i can design banner, poster, name card, broucher, anything that can design. The only problem is i'm not sure i'm using the correct way in photoshop and i'm still learning it. So i hope anyone who found this topic are willing to drop some tips here to share with me and others. Thanks.
Same Here.

There is a photoshop tutorial at Hope that helps.
there is no 1 correct way to photoshop the only way to do things right in it is to do things your way. once you try to photoshop the sameas someone else nothing works.
i agree to curnow.
It's all up to you...
If you like to learn more
check out

thank you.

Always remember, practice makes perfect

Good luck.
i find photoshop very handy and very effective to use i just bought the program and guessed how to use it and now im making some really gud professional designs e.t.c it would be really cool to set up a company using photosop does anyone know how to use it.
Photoshop is the best of the best. Just google for Photoshop Tutorials and you will find dozens of excellent tutorials for beginners all the way up to advanced users that will help you develop your skills.

Always keep trying too. You can really learn a lot from trial and error. Everything doesn't have to be set guidelines and steps. Just get an idea floating in your head and then dive in and experiment! It'll be worth it, trust me. Just never give up.
Scroll thru the forums here at frihost,
one forum is called tutorials.

There is a lot of great sharing of ideas there.
there are lots of tutorials crawling about in the web. but the best way that you can learn is to take up a piece of work, envision, then the application. it works for photoshop. work as you learn. like, as you go through, you'll encounter something and then you could look for some tutorial stuffs than can help you do the thing. if you already know the basics, all you need to do is to look for samples that you think are complicated for you. then do something like those, and as you on, be creative (and of course the tutorials) do it. eventually, you'll find some other techniques and processes that will make it more easier. also, interact with other people that knows the software (personally/RL ppl is recommended) so they could drop some thing or there while looking at your work.
I loooove photoshop. One of the best sites for tutorials you'll find on the net is here: - It's got categorized tutorials and everything. What I do is get an idea for what I'm wanting (even if I don't know how to do it) and then look on that site and search for the idea. Like if I want something to look like an old piece of film, I'll search for "film strip" or the like. Then I have the idea, and how to do it!

Also you gotta remember that it won't always turn out exactly the way you had it in your head. That's alright though because sometimes it's even better when it's finished. Same way with tutorials. Don't get bummed out if your finished product doesn't look exactly like the tutorial does.
Pablo Diablo
Reducing Red eye:

1. Open the image.
2. Go to Image > Duplicate and close the original.
3. In Photoshop 6 or earlier, go to View > New View. In Photoshop 7 go to Window > Documents > New Window. This will open a duplicate window of the same image.
4. Zoom one of the windows so that you can see the eyes as large as possible. Set the other window view to 100%.
5. Arrange the two windows so you can see both the zoomed view and the 100% view at the same time.
6. Create a new layer.
7. Use the eyedropper to pick up a color from the iris of the eye. It should be a fairly gray tint with a hint of the eye color.
8. Paint over the red part of the eye on the new layer, being careful not to paint over the eyelids.
9. Go to Filters > Blur > Gaussian and give it about a 1 pixel blur to soften the edges.
10. Set the layer blend mode to Saturation. This will take the red out without removing the highlights, but in many cases it leaves the eyes too gray and hollow looking.
11. If that's the case, duplicate the saturation layer and change the blend mode to Hue. That should put some color back in while still preserving the highlights.
12. If the color is too strong after adding a Hue layer, lower the opacity of the Hue layer.
13. When you're happy with the results you can merge the extra layers down.
a photoshop tip :

- some of the best work is done by not having a clue of what you wanted to do in the first place Very Happy
- if you intend to upload your work on the internet, try reducing it's file size (no dimensions) so viewers won't have to wait so long for it to load.
- to create an original effect, try not to just use 1 (one) filter and call that a masterpiece. photoshop users can spot filters easily if they are distinct on presentation.
- masking is the key tool to enhancing your work, so i suggest you learn as much as possible about it.
- lens flare filters are over-used and therefore out of style. never use them.
great tips been needing some ideas to get started with =p