FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Your Favorite Mangas!

cocobirdi
there's an anime one, but mangas are sooo different Wink

Mine are:

Tramps Like Us - beautiful style, adorable story. i want a male ballerina as a pet!!! i am biting my nails waiting for the 10th volume. ages 16+
Doubt - sweet high-school story. only 6 volumes tho... is the author trying to kill me?!
Dears - buxom alien girls claiming a nerd as their master? who couldn't like that? again, there's like 6 volumes. i think.
Chobits - a country bumpkin lands himself a mysterious girl-shaped computer. lots of nosebleeds in this one Wink

and then of course anything by Yu Watase... Ceres the Celestial Legend, Fushigi Yugi, Alice 19th... they draw you in and won't let you go Smile

i'm slowly making my way through the manga section at the bookstore where i work, and i love the stories i keep finding Smile
Hojo
my favorite mangas include
kenshin - got katanas in it, story is quite good and its funny at times
love hina - just damn funny
mahou negima sensei - from same person as love hina, and again, its funny
NGE - prolly like it because its hard to understand whats goin on in their heads most of the times
one piece - always good for a nice laugh
gto - the best and funniest manga ive ever seen
yukinohime
I have way too many favorites to name. But let's see...
For shoujo, I'm going to have to name some manga-ka and some manga:

Manga-ka:
CLAMP
Kaori Yuki
Yu Watase

Manga(well these aren't necessarily my ultimate favories, but some really good ones I'm reading currently Very Happy ):
Basara
Her Majesty's Dog
Tenshi Ja Nai
W Juliet

For shonen:
GTO
Bastard
Yu Yu Hakusho
Bleach
Deathnote
ren_sierra
I'm into shoujos for the time being...

Favorite Mangas:
-Fruits Basket
-Gokusen
-Kareshi Kanojo Jijou
-Naruto (not exactly shoujo)
-Full Metal Alchemist
ddukki
I'm going with the only ones I've read ... Naruto and Bleach. Bring on the flame!
eqdsign
I'm a big fan of Tsutomu Nihei, so all of his releases are my fav, but here's a top:

1. Blame!
2. Abara
3. Goth (really sick series, too bad it's done)
4. Hellsing
5. Biomega (too bad it got caight up Crying or Very sad )
Scaramanga
eqdsign wrote:
1. Blame!

Good call, Blame! is definitely on my current top 10 as well.

Add to that:
Dead End by Shohei Manabe
Ai Yori Aoshi by Kou Fumizuki (meh, it's a guilty pleasure.)
Nodame Cantabile by Tomoko Ninomiya
Air Gear by Oh! Great (I'm REALLY glad Del Rey picked this up)
Genshiken by Shimoku Kio
Beck by Harold Sakuishi (enjoyable because it takes the story further than the anime.)
Hellsing by Kouta Hirano
Hinadori Girl by Mari Matsuzawa
Negima by Ken Akamatsu (Akamatsu and Del Rey FTW.)
jasmine
I love:

* Kodomo no Omocha
* Wallflower
* Holic
* Swan Very Happy
CMA
I just finished reading Death Note. Although the ending felt a little rushed, it's gotta be one of the best stuff I read recently. Cool

Go get it!
ashen
My favorites manga :
Chrno Crusade
. Wolf's Rain
Trinity Blood
Vagabond
Shin Angyo Onshi (made by Korea but published in Japan)
Hagane no Renkinjustushii
Rurouni Kenshin (the old one...)
Bleach
Raising Moe

and many other...
supposing
My favorites:

--Forbidden Dance (only 4 vols Sad... makes me want to be a ballerina!)
--Kodomo no Omocha (make sure you see the anime too! This is a manga which is different enough from the anime to make reading/watching them both worthwhile, but similar enough that you don't get pissed off ^_^)
--Mars
--Hana Yori Dango (the ending is SO DIFFERENT from the anime's!!)
INeedHelp
I don't know about the rest of you, but I spend way too much money buying manga volumes...Anyway I am loving:

Naruto
Bleach
One Piece
Fullmetal Alchemist
Zatch Bell
Dragonball Z (Old, but I am just now getting into it)

I am forgetting the names of two others while I am away from my house and my manga collection...Anyway if anyone has any suggestions for other another series for me to get into, I'm all ears! I love the stories in anime/manga!
Scaramanga
INeedHelp wrote:
I am forgetting the names of two others while I am away from my house and my manga collection...Anyway if anyone has any suggestions for other another series for me to get into, I'm all ears! I love the stories in anime/manga!

Every manga series in my list comes highly recommended by me. However, I notice in your list you seem to have a propensity for more shonen-oriented action manga, in which case I would probably only recommend Air Gear and Hellsing.
cduki
i like naruto...and others when i feel like reading =D
exarkun
Just to add on, I like Shaman King manga too, although it's ending is different from the anime. And Doreamon too! Razz
Kurosaki-Ichigo
I would go for :

Naruto : Funny, Cool and with lots of Action !
Bleach : Lots of drama, Lots of humore and above all Action !
TriGun : Shooting madness! theres not even 1 chapter without a bullet !
Yu-Gi-Oh : Very funny and has alot of twists and turns !

Well thats it.
justjess
My favorite manga are done by a relatively famous manga-ka called Arina Tanemura. Some of her works are:

-> Full Moon Wo Sagashite
-> Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne

Some other awesome manga that I really enjoy are:

-> Death Note
-> Hikaru no Go
-> Rurouni Kenshin
Bakufu
My fovourites mangas are:

I''s, Video Girl Ai, Shadow Lady (all by Masakazu Katsura)
Bleach (by Kubo Tite)
Evangelion (by Gainax)

And others by Clamp, such us Card Captor Sakura, Tsubasa, X ...
sugar-poo
ooo manga..???

I pretty much like mature one but IM NOT A PREVERT!!!

1. Ren Ai Shio Shugi {Shoujomagic} MATURE!!
2. Shite Wagama H {Sugar Oasis} MATURE!!
3. Ikedamata {Condensation} MATURE!!
4. Luv Clinic {Condensation} Nudity,Comedy
5. DR. SLUMP DR.SLUMP DR.SLUMP!!! I LOVE THIS MANGA SOO MUCH!! {Toriyama World} COMEDY!!, AUTHOR OF DRAGON BALL!!
6. Ichigo 100% {Yanime} Nudity
7. Anatolia Story {MangaONE} {Licensed} this one is translated by me ^_^
8. Bleach {Toriyama World} SHOUNEN!!

I don't really like shoujo that much so yaa... oh well ^^ that's my list!!
driftingfe3s
I don't read as much manga as I watch anime but some of the current ones that I'm reading and are still going:

Naruto
Bleach
Hajime No Ippo

Manga that I've finsihed that I liked include:

Midori No Hibi
I''s
Flame of Recca
Slam Dunk
Hylian-Knight
I'd say my favourite manga is FMA, Chobits or One Piece. Awesomeness. Cool
wahsap
ddukki wrote:
I'm going with the only ones I've read ... Naruto and Bleach. Bring on the flame!

definitely agreed with u. I read this two mangas, and then i realized no other manga were on the same par as them.
megamass
How you can look at these mangas at all? don't you know any real girls? i think you need to get off computer and go to street for some fresh air...
Scaramanga
driftingfe3s wrote:
I don't read as much manga as I watch anime but some of the current ones that I'm reading and are still going:

Naruto
Bleach
Hajime No Ippo

Manga that I've finsihed that I liked include:

Midori No Hibi
I''s
Flame of Recca
Slam Dunk

Heh, I think you selections are kind of funny. I mean you've got all this hardcore fighting/sports shonen-type manga, then Midori no Hibi and I''s (the latter of which is pretty girly.) Not that I'm making fun of you (hell I read and love Ai Yori Aoshi,) I just thought it was ironic. Also, I didn't care for the Midori manga as much as I liked the anime.
cocobirdi
just got the latest issue of Tramps Like Us (vol. 10!) and was left hanging at the end as usual! i'm serious, if yall haven't read this, at least you girls, then you need to go read it now. the plot thickens!!!!!!!!
kou9992
I would have to say my top 2 favorites are Love Hina and Chobits. I like pretty much anything by CLAMP.
silverandgreeneyes
Lets see, I like Godchild, Chobits, GTO, Warriors of Tao, and Hellsing (series is of course awesome}
Aimewitue
mine are:
bishoujo senshi sailor moon (the manga version is more mature & sad than the anime one)
fullmoon wo sagashite
paradise kiss
ayashi no ceres
wampire princess miyu &some others one
watchai
My fav anime from a very long time ago:

runma
Inuyasha
Slamdunk
Dragonball
Yu YU Hakusho

Now:
Bleach
Naruto

I think thats it...

anybody wanna suggest what anime is hot right now?
justjess
My favorite manga out of my huge manga collection would be the famous Rurouni Kenshin! i think hes famous haha! i totally looove that manga series, it's also just the right length! Some other ones i have that are decent are marmalade boy, prince of tennis, and death note. I rank them really high up on my list too! So i totally would recommend these manga series if you're looking for something to read!! Very Happy
corycaly
I like
- Clamp: Card Captor sakura, Lawful Drug, X: I love Clamp style, it's so aerial and beautiful: each page is a piece of art.
- Fruits Basket: So many emotions hidden in fragile hearts...
- Loveless: I'm a fan of the couple Ritsuka/Soubi
- Get backers
- Yuu watase: Ayashi no Ceres, Absolute Boyfriend
- FMA
olag
As mangas I love battle royale and last fantasy even though I just read the first tome. Otherwise in animes my favourites are:
-Full metal alchemist
-Samurai Champloo
-Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle
Derioh
Love Hina and Mahou sensei Negima are good ^^ I have them both on my computer.
kurogane
Favorite Mangas:

- Death Note
-Naruto
-Bleach
-Gundam Z, Seed, Seed Destiny, War in pocket.
- All Dragon ball's
- Love hina
- Full Metal Alchemist
- Hellsign
- Mazinger Z
- Robotech
- Macross
- Rantaro
- Ranma

ikutsu mo motto Very Happy...

matta ne~
tolerance
I don't really read manga anymore, but I enjoy like Immortal Rain (I have no clue when they're coming out with a new volume though), and Bizenghast was... well, interesting. (I doubt I'll be buying the second volume, though.) I liked Princess Ai until they put all the characters through a taffy pull; now their limbs look insanely distorted and kind of scary. :< I also own one volume of a manga called "Ray" by Akihito Yoshitomi; I have no idea where it came from but I like that, as well.
Seiji
I'm a big fan of the R2 Series. I was also keeping up with Peacemaker but I stopped on Vol. 4. It was way too different from the anime.
RubySlasher
Have a whole bookshelf of Shonen Jump, and I pretty much like everything in it.
So, I mostly like Fruits Basket and Deathnote right now.
beteljius
my favorite manga is blame! and gantz Twisted Evil
varon
just a little pluggage --

Darling wa Namamono ni Tsuki (Fresh Darling)

It's a little-known manga by Yuki Yoshihara, but it's really hilarious! Smutty romance, though, so it's NOT for kids under 18.

If you want to download scanlations, register at Shoujo Magic.

Smile
carlokes
Hi there,

A friend of mine has been reading Hajime no Hippo and according to him the manga is fantastic. The story is pretty cool (a kinda of a looser guy that start doing Box and becomes pretty good at it), the drawing is excellent compared to the majority of the other mangas and it is still being serialized weekly I think...

I have read GTO prelude (I think its something like this...) thats s the storry before Onizuka and his mechanic buddy went to Tokyo (? don't remember id its tokyo anymore :S). Really a must read for GTO fans out there.

Stay cool !!
prilly_baby
nana
perfect girl evolution
goong
death note
bleach

the others werent interesting enough. Or I just have to keep looking for some since i tend to only read one manga at a time.