FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Low price and good quality car

tamilchild
Many company have good and quality car. But economic is very important . My consideration is good car & quality car with low price. Rolling Eyes
bluebird1959
I drive since 3 years a Renault Twingo. costs approx. 8k$ new. 5.5 ltr. gas per 100km, very low insurance and Tax
its ok to drive from A to B not more ... not so much fun but its cheap and I can save my money for my 1980 black mustang
DJ Gr3y
do u know Dacia Logan??? very low price bad car Smile
tdossi
I find, the price is also very important. But it may not be too small. The Renault Twingo is too small to me. This is of the Dacia Logon and Sandero already greater, for a smaller price. With the Dacia the price achievement relation is the best.
tdossi
The Lada Kalina is also not so expensive. More car for less money offers nobody. The Lada Kalina is one of the Russian car manufacturer AwtoWAS in November, 2004 of introduced small cars with front-wheel drive which is since 2005 in production. The Kalina is delivered in three engines (1.6 l 8 V / 16 V as well as 1.4 l 16 V) and car body variations: In 1117 (estate car), in 1118 (notchback) and in 1119 (fastback). Very Happy
Georgeboy
Hmm, I don't want to make you scared, but don't look only to the price of your car. Many cars look like they are safe, but if they are a part of an accident, there is not much left over. You don't have always your own safety in your own hands... There are a lot of unreliable drivers on the road. People who thinks that they are the only person on the road and al the other people have to get away...
tdossi
Is right. One should see not only after the price. The security is the most important one. One should ask for the security of the car first. It is most in such a way that the expensive cars are surer than the cheap ones. Security has his price.
ocalhoun
tdossi wrote:
Is right. One should see not only after the price. The security is the most important one. One should ask for the security of the car first. It is most in such a way that the expensive cars are surer than the cheap ones. Security has his price.

And when looking at tiny cars, remember, a crash safety rating is awarded based on its performance relative to others in its class. A large 3 star vehicle might be much safer than a tiny 5 star vehicle.
tdossi
Small cars start with a security-technical deficiency: They are light, have a small interior and no big crumple zones. The low weight lets them with a collision by bigger vehicles "fly away" stronger than her weighty opponent. Higher acceleration bring for the passengers, nevertheless, a bigger injury risk with himself. Seats and headrests are put out to stronger charges, moreover, the risk increases that the passengers hit in the small interiors directly on the car body. The danger exists above all with small car with "softy" built passenger's space. In the case of a collision vehicle elements penetrate with them often into the passenger area.
Gagnar The Unruly
This person is from India, it looks like, and their safety ratings are probably nothing like ours, though. Also, the US is the only place where normal people drive 2.5 ton vehicles regularly.

ocalhoun wrote:
tdossi wrote:

And when looking at tiny cars, remember, a crash safety rating is awarded based on its performance relative to others in its class. A large 3 star vehicle might be much safer than a tiny 5 star vehicle.
tdossi
I think 2.5-tonne vehicles are too difficult. They have a too high mileage. One must find like everywhere a compromise. Between security and price.
ocalhoun
tdossi wrote:
I think 2.5-tonne vehicles are too difficult. They have a too high mileage. One must find like everywhere a compromise. Between security and price.

If the compromise is only between security and price, of course a 2.5 ton vehicle is too much.

But when you add high towing capacity, mobility in heavy snow, and durability in the mix, the 2.5 ton starts to look better. ^.^
malcolmpreen
Personally, I'd recommend Skoda.... they are Volkswagen quality build (even using some VW parts), but with two or three thousands pounds off the cost.

My Fabia regularly gets more than 50 MPG - my record is 60 MPG for a 150 mile journey - although that also requires that the driver doesn't hammer the throttle....

Malcolm
tdossi
Is right. Skoda is not bad. There one has VW quality, but cheaper. The parts are all VW parts.
myviny
Tata Nano - World's Cheapest Car, Its said it has No safety but it has passed the European standards
tdossi
The Tata Nano is a 4-seater small car of the Indian car manufacturer Tata of engine. The vehicle should become with a purchase price of 100,000iR (approx. 1,440 euros) (2,500 US dollars) of cheapest car of the world. Tata pays attention even a little to the security: Among the rest, the Nano owns a reinforced passenger's cell, crumple zones and seat belts. Nevertheless, there is not ABS, air bags, ESP and side impact protection; since these features would force up the price.
ocalhoun
myviny wrote:
Tata Nano - World's Cheapest Car, Its said it has No safety but it has passed the European standards

But does it have quality?

I'd put money on betting that I could buy a used car (bigger and more capable than the Nano) for $2500 that will outlast the Nano. (It's held together by glue after all.)
tdossi
Hello. I think, the Nano is cheap. There is no quality. One must decide. Either a good used or cheap new one.
ocalhoun
tdossi wrote:
Hello. I think, the Nano is cheap. There is no quality. One must decide. Either a good used or cheap new one.

A good used one is better every time, from a personal economic standpoint.

When you are done with the used one, it will retain a much larger percentage of its value than the new one does.
*edit*
Let's say you bought each and drove each for 5 years (just a wild guess):
Classic car: Purchase price: $2500 Sale price after 5 years: $2,800 Total profit: $300
Used car: Purchase price: $2500 Sale price after 5 years: $1,200 Total cost: $1,300
Cheap new car: Purchase price: $2500 Sale price after 5 years: $700 Total cost: $1,800
tdossi
Hello,
however, one must remember, how long one can still drive a car. I think, a car holds 10 years. (Only as an example). Then is able to do one by a new carriage another 10 years of driving. With a 5 year-old, one can go only 5 years.
ocalhoun
tdossi wrote:
Hello,
however, one must remember, how long one can still drive a car. I think, a car holds 10 years. (Only as an example). Then is able to do one by a new carriage another 10 years of driving. With a 5 year-old, one can go only 5 years.

10 years is only a generalization.
Some cars don't last nearly that long, some last far, far longer... (as demonstrated by one of mine, which is now 35 years old, and another one of mine that finally stopped running at the venerable age of 42, but could be easily repaired even still.)

They don't make 'em like they used to... Sad
tdossi
Hello, with it cars the age of 42 years reach one must be able to do them well care. Without garage gehts not. And one is not allowed to do driving also too much. I think. Most cars do not become so old because cars are driven too much. I think, a car what is driven daily does not become so old.
ocalhoun
tdossi wrote:
Hello, with it cars the age of 42 years reach one must be able to do them well care. Without garage gehts not. And one is not allowed to do driving also too much. I think. Most cars do not become so old because cars are driven too much. I think, a car what is driven daily does not become so old.

Actually, just sitting around is very hard on a car. You can drive it every day for 20 years without a problem, and then it won't run after sitting unused for 2 years.
tdossi
One must maintain the car. So that it holds long. It must be a high-quality car, so that it holds 20 years.
ocalhoun
tdossi wrote:
It must be a high-quality car, so that it holds 20 years.

Indeed. Few cars these days are built to last that long. The auto industry doesn't want you to drive the same car for 20 years. They want you to buy a new one every 5. (Or at least give their parts department lots of business.)
donofindia
tamilchild wrote:
Many company have good and quality car. But economic is very important . My consideration is good car & quality car with low price. Rolling Eyes

IN INDIA ONLY TWO COMPANIES HAVE CAME FORWARD TO PUT THIS CONCEPT.......TATA MOTORS AND ONE MORE..........
tdossi
ocalhoun wrote:
tdossi wrote:
It must be a high-quality car, so that it holds 20 years.

Indeed. Few cars these days are built to last that long. The auto industry doesn't want you to drive the same car for 20 years. They want you to buy a new one every 5. (Or at least give their parts department lots of business.)

Hello, I also think which is intended it by the automobile industry so. The cars should not hold so long. This would be bad for the business.
ocalhoun
tdossi wrote:
The cars should not hold so long. This would be bad for the business.

Ever notice how they always break just after the warranty expires?
This is not a coincidence; they're carefully designed to do so.
tdossi
How old do become cars? Dissolution hurts. This is also valid for the separation of the mobile mat. Cars land on an average after about twelve years on the scrap yard. The carriages have become poorer in servicing in her whole construction. The periods between the servicing still become bigger. If his average running time lay in 1960 still with 7.9 years, it had 35 years later already a value of 11.8 years. After the Second World War the cars were used longest: In 1955 the operation period lay on an average with 14.6 years.
tdossi
Now there also is anew the Dacia Sandero Stepway. I find him good.
The Dacia Sandero Stepway is the robust companion for every situation. He unites the spacious interior of the Dacia Sandero with the modern and sporty optics of a 4x4 vehicle. The ground clearance raised by 20 millimetres also permits excursions on unfastened ways.
The Dacia Sandero Stepway builds up Ambiance at the equipment level. To the standard equipment belong, in addition, a back bench with armrest hinged asymmetrical partly, power steering, central locking, roof rail and a metallic spraying.
ocalhoun
tdossi wrote:
Now there also is anew the Dacia Sandero Stepway. I find him good.

*not impressed*

Double the ground clearance, increase towing capacity by 7000lbs, and show me one that's been running for 30 years without major repairs... Then I'll want one.
Ow-Bert
honda civic, good as a family car, cheap as well, or mod it to your street dream. i believe the honda civic was built for modding Very Happy
tdossi
The Dacia Sandero Stepway is nothing for the area.
More a fun car for the street.
The interior of the Stepway is formed pleasingly. One cannot compare him of course to an expensive Megane. But nothing clatters and everything is easy to serve. Though the setting of the airing is right very much right down at the bottom, but so often one does not have to get down to it there.
Of 68 HP of diesel - engine is after my feeling not nothing but as in the Megane. However, the acceleration qualities are right to 68 HP. In the area to 100 km/h he is on the move quickly. Also on the highway he could persuade me with 145 km/h. One needs to have no fear of the speedsters. But sometimes fast overtake? One needs just a little bit more time.
ocalhoun
Ow-Bert wrote:
honda civic, good as a family car, cheap as well, or mod it to your street dream. i believe the honda civic was built for modding Very Happy

Now that's a more realistic opinion about a good quality, low price small car.
andysart380
Ive often dreamed about owning a new car fresh off the lot. The Smell, the feeling, the assurance that its not going to fall apart the next day. For some people these dreams are a far fetched fantasy, and i fall in the category of those people. I'm one of those buy a beater and drive it till it blows, kind of guys. What i spend on fuel i make up in money spent on cheap vehicles. Right now i own two vehicles, a 1997 Dodge dakota 4x4 truck, and a 1998 SAAB 900 s 2.3. The SAAB was only $700 usd and it gets 30mi to the gallon. I dont mind getting under the hood and doing my own work, the satisfaction of knowing, "Yeah, i can change one of those" , nothing compares to that, and to be able to say "no i dont make payments i own them both" It's satisfying. So for those of you looking for a cheap efficient car....don't waste your money because they aren't worth it. Go out and get yourself something you can zip around in for the next two years and bank your money towards something worth while.
ocalhoun
andysart380 wrote:
Go out and get yourself something you can zip around in for the next two years and bank your money towards something worth while.

Exactly! Even when I have saved up the money, I tend towards older, luxury vehicles rather than newer base-models. It's just more value for your money.
tdossi
With a used car there come in the foreseeable future wear parts and wearing parts them must be renewed. It could become expensive. With a new carriage there is still the guarantee and perhaps additions as for example the first free inspection!? (Basis for negotiation)
ocalhoun
tdossi wrote:
With a used car there come in the foreseeable future wear parts and wearing parts them must be renewed. It could become expensive. With a new carriage there is still the guarantee and perhaps additions as for example the first free inspection!? (Basis for negotiation)

The price difference makes up for that, usually.

Buying a $5,000 used car and spending $2,000 on repairs is still cheaper than buying a $15,000 new car and spending nothing on repairs.
tdossi
Advantages new carriage purchase

Many customers swear on a new carriage.
One can select to himself his personal dream carriage which choose colours and equipment details and is the first owner.

For environment-conscious driver also comes up the possibility to choose engines especially poor in pollutant and exhaust gas systems. Moreover, especially attractive financing models are offered just with new vehicles like leasing or loans by manufacturer's banks.

Then smart advertisement, additional payment politics and accordingly low leasing rates make the biggest sceptic weakly.

Result new carriage acquisition:
- They always drive the newest automodel
- the new vehicle disposes of the most modern security system like air bags
- They drive economic and ecologically friendly engines
- no compromises in equipment and colour
- Material defect liability of the trader
- Manufacturer's guarantee with 2 or even three years
- theoretically first no costly repair work inevitably
- it was before no other person in your carriage
ocalhoun
tdossi wrote:
Advantages new carriage purchase

Many customers swear on a new carriage.
One can select to himself his personal dream carriage which choose colours and equipment details and is the first owner.

For environment-conscious driver also comes up the possibility to choose engines especially poor in pollutant and exhaust gas systems. Moreover, especially attractive financing models are offered just with new vehicles like leasing or loans by manufacturer's banks.

Then smart advertisement, additional payment politics and accordingly low leasing rates make the biggest sceptic weakly.

Result new carriage acquisition:
- They always drive the newest automodel
- the new vehicle disposes of the most modern security system like air bags
- They drive economic and ecologically friendly engines
- no compromises in equipment and colour
- Material defect liability of the trader
- Manufacturer's guarantee with 2 or even three years
- theoretically first no costly repair work inevitably
- it was before no other person in your carriage

Pretty scanty advantages compared to the disadvantage of the greatly inflated cost.

Buy a used one less than a year old, and spend your time getting just the right one.
That will give you all the same advantages, including warranty coverage, at around 2/3 of the price.

If you want a low price, good quality car, it will be used.
You might get a good quality new car, but it will NOT be 'low price'.
mukesh
myviny wrote:

I am also agree with this statement but i like Tata nano car which is in low price easily available in market.
baboosaa
you cannot just get high quality with out paying low money even if you get then it's will definitely be a shock
Josso

If you aren't looking for much comfort...
ocalhoun
Josso wrote:

In the US, those are NOT low price!
Even for used ones, the price is usually ridiculously high.
Josso
ocalhoun wrote:
Josso wrote:

In the US, those are NOT low price!
Even for used ones, the price is usually ridiculously high.

Really? That's kinda weird they aren't exactly complex machines. Maybe its something to do with import or tax or some other thing that I don't understand.

More sensible suggestion:

Golf Mark III

Get a TDI (better) or a 1.4 petrol you should get 200k miles out of it easy. One of my friends bought a petrol 1.8 8v and it seemed fine even at 160k. I know many many people who have had one of these cars - the least bother out of any cheap second hand car I know of. You are looking at as low as 100 quid to buy one.
ocalhoun
Josso wrote:

Really? That's kinda weird they aren't exactly complex machines. Maybe its something to do with import or tax or some other thing that I don't understand.

Well, demand is high, but for some reason I don't understand, supply is low... Therefore, high prices.
Maybe some US law makes them not street legal...

If they were reasonably priced (and spare parts were also reasonably priced) I would be likely to buy one. But for now, the low availability here means that they're expensive to buy and expensive to fix.
Quote:

More sensible suggestion:
[img]Get a TDI (better) or a 1.4 petrol you should get 200k miles out of it easy. One of my friends bought a petrol 1.8 8v and it seemed fine even at 160k. I know many many people who have had one of these cars - the least bother out of any cheap second hand car I know of. You are looking at as low as 100 quid to buy one.

Now that is a sensible suggestion... Something that really is a 'low price good quality' car.
Nehemie
Security is universal but depend on the type of road there are used on.
Quality is mostly impacted by the geographic area in which the car will be use.
the price then lock at all the two status to be ajusted.
For me, take in consideration geographic area your a living because I think car compagnies build car accourdingly. after lock for safety, price and quality.
ocalhoun
Nehemie wrote:

For me, take in consideration geographic area your a living because I think car compagnies build car accourdingly.

Ah, nope. They build their cars pretty much the same no matter where the car is to be sold.

And reliability is highly dependent upon initial build quality.