FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

FTP Server Help!?!

Ratman2050
I recently created a FTP Server at home on my desktop computer.
It works fine and is running. I am using this instead of using my 250 MB Diskpace on Frihost for keeping attachments on my Forum. I have about 50 GB of free space on my computer thats available.

I need help figuring these options out on My PHPBB2 Forum with my Attachmen MOD installed.

1. FTP Upload Server-Here you can enter the IP-Address or FTP-Hostname of the Server used for your uploaded files: 172.xx.x.xx That is what I am using.

2. FTP Path to your upload directory-The Directory where your Attachments will be stored: Right now I want to save all the files that are attached to: C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator\Desktop\FantasyPCServerFTP

3. Download Link to FTP Path-Enter the URL to your FTP Path, where your Attachments are stored: I do not know what to put here

Please tell me if the first two are correct. And the 3rd one what should I put there. Thank you. Also should I keep my Server to Read only , beacuse I want users to upload files from there computers to attach them onto my site as attachments. So Do I click Read and Write for my server or just Read?
Hammy
1. FTP Upload Server-Here you can enter the IP-Address or FTP-Hostname of the Server used for your uploaded files: 172.xx.x.xx That is what I am using. I think this is correct

2. FTP Path to your upload directory-The Directory where your Attachments will be stored: Right now I want to save all the files that are attached to: ftp://ftp.yoursite.frih.net/dir/dir2... to where u want them stored. I think ... lol

3. Download Link to FTP Path-Enter the URL to your FTP Path, where your Attachments are stored: C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator\Desktop\FantasyPCServerFTP - I think this should be here

I think they are correct. Try that Wink I dont quite understand the wording, so if that doesnt work. Try switching 2. and 3. around.
Hammy.
Ratman2050
Hammy wrote:
1. FTP Upload Server-Here you can enter the IP-Address or FTP-Hostname of the Server used for your uploaded files: 172.xx.x.xx That is what I am using. I think this is correct

2. FTP Path to your upload directory-The Directory where your Attachments will be stored: Right now I want to save all the files that are attached to: ftp://ftp.yoursite.frih.net/dir/dir2... to where u want them stored. I think ... lol

3. Download Link to FTP Path-Enter the URL to your FTP Path, where your Attachments are stored: C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator\Desktop\FantasyPCServerFTP - I think this should be here

I think they are correct. Try that Wink I dont quite understand the wording, so if that doesnt work. Try switching 2. and 3. around.
Hammy.

Alright thanks. I will try using them and see if it helps.
Hammy
Hey ratman..

was just wondering? . did it work? lol
Ratman2050
Hammy wrote:
Hey ratman..

was just wondering? . did it work? lol

Lol I didnt try it yet. My program for the server kept on crashing. So for now I will just use frihosts diskspace, and then limit the attachments.