FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Php supported?

cr3ativ3
I have been trying to use php scripts on the server but when I view the pages the php isnt working its in the source code but not showing up on the page.

Can anybody help?
SpellcasterDX
Php is supported and enabled. And php isn't supposed to show up in the source code. Only html is. Confused

Did you add the .php extension to your file? (ex: index.php)
mathiaus
On some rare occasions, php isnt parsed on random peoples accounts. Check that you have done everything correctly and if it still doesn't work, create a backup of your files and request an account reset in the 'Request and Account Change' forum Smile
Bondings
If that's the case, you might want to request an account reset in the "request an account change" forum. It's not the first time I see an account where php isn't executed properly. Might be a bug or something you changed.

Edit, mathiaus was just a minute faster. Very Happy
cr3ativ3
Oh I might be scripting it wrong this is what I am doing I type the script:
Code:
<html>
<head>
<title>test php</title>
</head>
<body>
<?PHP
print ("Hello, world!");
?>
</body>
</html>

Then I click save with the file name being php.php. Then I click on the file in the controlpanel and it shows nothing.
SpellcasterDX
I'm pretty sure there's something wrong in your code. You aren't implementing php inside the html right, I think.

Edit: I don't think the word "php" is supposed to be capitalized in php coding. Either it should be made lower-case letters or it should be removed. I'm not sure. Download and save that file, and then try both of my suggestions.
cr3ativ3
Ok, I have tried that and it didn't work. So I am suppose to request an account reset is there anyway of finding out what I am doing wrong or what is wrong with out reseting my account. If not could someone tell me after I make the back up files how I put them back to where they originated?
Traveller
cr3ativ3 wrote:
Ok, I have tried that and it didn't work. So I am suppose to request an account reset is there anyway of finding out what I am doing wrong or what is wrong with out reseting my account. If not could someone tell me after I make the back up files how I put them back to where they originated?

As the others have mentioned: once in a great while, a glitch occurs with the account that causes the PHP not to work. If that is the case, your code may be perfectly fine. In fact, when I tested your "Hello, world" code (including having "PHP" in all caps) under my account, it ran okay, so it doesn't appear that you are doing anything wrong.

As far as backups are concerned: if you just keep duplicates of them on your own machine (which is always a good idea), then you can just upload them again, if necessary. Otherwise, if you use the DirectAdmin Backup function, you would use the corresponding Restore function to "put them back to where they originated."
cr3ativ3
Ok, I will reset request an account reset in a few mins if a moderator or someone with the ability to close this topic could do so that would be great.
mathiaus
Before a reset takes place, you mentioned you viewed it in Direct Admin. This does not parse the php, only html. Try viewing it in your browser via it's proper url ( http://cr3ative.frih.net/php.php if php.php is in public_html).
cr3ativ3
Oh mathiaus your a genios I didn't know it didn't display php properly in the direct admin it worked fine when I went to the actual address of the files so now I don't need to reset =).

Thank you so much all that helped me with this problem.
mathiaus
Solved Very Happy
-close-