FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

lightning strikes

poggendroff
hi i hav a samsung 17 inch monitor and everytime i switch it on,,there is very high static and i can actually see the white coloured line running across the screen. except that everything runs as smooth as new,,just this one problem.

some liquid substance did fall on it once,,and theres a mark on it,,but then, that would hav spoiled the whole monitor.,,but it dint.

HELPPPPPP
CCR
poggendroff wrote:
hi i hav a samsung 17 inch monitor and everytime i switch it on,,there is very high static and i can actually see the white coloured line running across the screen. except that everything runs as smooth as new,,just this one problem.

some liquid substance did fall on it once,,and theres a mark on it,,but then, that would hav spoiled the whole monitor.,,but it dint.

HELPPPPPP
Sounds to me like the 20,000+ volts that is comming from the flyback transformer is arcing at startup. This could be due to a bad flyback cable, a flyback transformer probelm, bad insulation, or dirt that is giving the electicity a path. It could even be the picture tube itself has a probelm. If it bothers you I would have a repair man have a look at it if its nothing but dirt or a soil mark casuing it to do it its easy fixed just neeeds cleaned ( the back side of the tube not the front) but I would not recommend you or anyone that does not know what they are doing do it cause it is 20,000+volts and it stays there after power is removed casue the picture tube acts like a huge battery een after its unplugged the picture tube can still give you a pretty big jolt. It takes specail tools to discharge it for removal and cleaning.
Maka
Lol yea, dont touch any of that stuff round the back, that will kill you 6 times over.