FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Were you bullied at school?

Hammy
I get it al the time at school Sad . just because i'm different and i have long hair and stuff. I'm just one of them people you either like or you hate. There's no inbetween. When walking down the corridor, people notice me, im not like any other people you dont notice. I wish i was, but i guess everyone in my school knowing my cn have it's advantages. Cnt think of any right now lol. but it probably does.

Hammy Sad
satheesh
Hi,

That was a sorry post bullying just do not spring up from middle of nowhere. If you being bullied, then its not because of your looks, but because of your composure. Its because of the way you carry yourself.

If you air more confidence in the way you talk, commit yorself and carry yourself around then you might as well do yourself a world of good by getting more people towards you.

I can give you an advice (most ppl do not like to take it). Normally most people need a shoulder to lean on, or a strong person to defend them or be with them whenever they need it. Being that person gets more people toward which in turn boosts your confidence a lot. Do not ever talk to people about your short comings and ailments. Then people relate you with these only.

And please do not consider this as an advice.

Rgds,
Satheesh
Tatsumaru
I used to be bullied waaaaay back (like 8 years ago), because I was being a pathetic weakling. I was always afraid to talk loud and stuff during class and I didn't feel comfortable at all... not cool.

I've changed now though, thank god. I don't bully myself, because that's lame too. Let others be the way they want and leave them.
The Czar
I used to be bullied. Now I am strong enough to bully them back with my mind games.
einstein
i have never been bullied at school, though i am quite small.
frenchy
I got bullied the that start of high school.
I told my mum about and the following year i changed school and never got bothered ever since.

Some school just have d*ck Heads in them.
Jeslyn
The one suggestion I'd give about bullying is never take any of their crap. Who are they that they get to treat you subhumanly? If they toss shite at you, they'd better be ready to catch it in return. Never allow someone to make you feel subordinate.
william
People have made attempts to bully me, however they never succeeded. I'm able to stop them mentally, somehow.
SpellcasterDX
No, I haven't really ever been bullied at all. Not in elementary school and not in middle school as of yet.
Code of Ruin
I've been bullied once. There was this kid who was a year older than me because he failed a class. I don't know how he ever got the stupid thought but he tried to force into doing something for him. I told him I am not his errand boy. Then he threatened to get violent. I told him he wouldn't make a chance. He got violent and he never made a chance. I may look a little odd but that doesn't mean I can be messed around with. After that he never tried to lay a finger on me or anyone who was near me. Today he still stares down at his feet when he greets me. The few people who were beginning to profile themselves as bullies always stayed clear of me. Just show them you are not a push-over and that doesn't necessarily mean using violence.
kazikame
The only person who can really bully you is yourself. They can say all the crap they want about you, but in the end, it's all down to whether you choose to believe them or not.

These bullies are the people who will end up with a crap job for the rest of their lives.
Alienz
Used to get bullied during school when I am small Sad But not anymore. Some kids are just too playful.
linexpert
I got bullied when i was in Jr.High. I think i was about 13 and the kid bullying me was 15 or 16. I don't know how you define bullying. I was being beaten or anything but it was mainly mentally hurt. He made fun of me in front of alot of other kids. He was a big guy so i didn't really mess with him.
meet in rio
No, just totally ignored by the people I lived with (boarding school).

Looking back, though, a lot of it was my own fault. If someone tried to be nice to me then I just assumed they were being sarcastic, and that really didn't help, haha.

(Don't get me wrong--I'm not suggesting that people who are bullied are at fault--I'm just saying that a lot of it is often in your own head.)
[FuN]goku
yeah been there, been bullied, but after a while i just started to ignore it... most the stuff anyone said got old and lame.
OutlawSpirit
im the same... u love me or u hate me...

but i dont get bullied... cos i dont take no ISH from anyone - i hav my hair short... i can even grow it... people dont care, u just gotta keep ya head up... and take on these bullies...
Hammy
Thanks for the great responce guys.. I hate chav's because they hate me, first impressions from chav's are never good. They always shout something and me or my mates, mainly because all of my close friends have long hair except one. lol.

This wasnt at school, but i was once walking though a small village with 3 of my mates when some chavs started shouting at me. And me.. being as i am turn around and shouted bak, i wouldnt normaly do this in my own home town, because i know them all in my town, and know who's got connections and stuff, and i most likely to meet them again. but anyways, we start shouting random abuse at each other, it's not really my thing, but i was in one of those moods.
Admittedly my friends werent saying anything and there was about 8 of them. They pushed there look and i start walking towards them, they all immediately turned and ran away thru some houses behind a fence.
I got to the curbe and stood there when suddely they all came back out with spades and pitchforks and other random gardening tools.
They decided to run at me with them and my friends were kinda shitting themselves and started to back off behind me. So they started shouting, running at me with thier garden tools and i just stood there n didnt say anything. As they got closer to me, they realised i wasnt going to run away or anything and began to slow down and eventually stopped infront of me not knowing what to do.

They were kinda pethetic really. I hate it when people underestimate me. Ive begun to walk standing up straight, instead of slouched. I find less people have shouted random abuse at me Smile Heh.

Anyways. Sorry if u cldnt be bothered to read all that :p

Hammy.
OutlawSpirit
good 2 hear u standin up 2 em...

i also... dislike chavs... how would i class myself... i dont, im just myself... i listen 2 hip hop/rap but from the 90's... u cannot put a label on me...

chavs abuse everyone and anyone... so jus stand up 2 em, they r all bitches at heart
twisthigh
I was never really bullied, I just gave off that I don't give a crap attittude, so people just left it at that, lol... I think if people know they can get to you, they will, and if they know you won't give them or their comments the time of day, they won't waste their time! Smile
cybernie
been bullied once... that's right... most people are bullied because of their looks and the they behave and bring themselves in front of other people... but sometimes, some people gets bullied because a certain group of people make fun with them...
amusic
I have never been bullied at school, as long as you are not minding other business, you should be safe at school.
DecayClan
I haven't been bullied.Anyway, it would be difficult, cause there actually are no bullies here, except for very few exceptions(at least at my school).

amusic wrote:
I have never been bullied at school, as long as you are not minding other business, you should be safe at school.

You truly believe that the people that are beeing bullied, they are, because they are minding other peoples buseiness???I don't think so, maybe you should reconsider-i hope that you are joking, cause, you can't serioulsy believe this.
SkullPizza
I actually was a bully at school. I don't think I ever took anyones lunch money tho.
izimngcubes15
satheesh wrote:
Hi,

That was a sorry post bullying just do not spring up from middle of nowhere. If you being bullied, then its not because of your looks, but because of your composure. Its because of the way you carry yourself.

If you air more confidence in the way you talk, commit yorself and carry yourself around then you might as well do yourself a world of good by getting more people towards you.

I can give you an advice (most ppl do not like to take it). Normally most people need a shoulder to lean on, or a strong person to defend them or be with them whenever they need it. Being that person gets more people toward which in turn boosts your confidence a lot. Do not ever talk to people about your short comings and ailments. Then people relate you with these only.

And please do not consider this as an advice.

Rgds,
Satheesh

However, at times, it may be how he looks mostly, but you're right, it's how you act or what stuff you do that really makes you stand out. If you do something weird and different, then you'll probably get bullied. But remember that bullies got nothing better to do and bad karma is going to come around someday.
Hammy
Finnaly!, someone on the oher end of bullying.

What sort of bullying did u do SkullPizza? .. Did u pick on them smaller, less popular, weaker, shyer than you?

I guess i could be called a bully, because i bully the bully's lol. I want them to feel how i used to. People in my year darnt say anything to me anymore Smile. but i used to get pushed around.

Same on my school bus, with any bus anyways, i always sit at the back because i hate it when people sit behind me and the annoying people throw paper at you Sad. But anyways, this happened on the school bus until one time someone pushed me too far and i stood up and just smacked him in the chest hard as i cld (and im not exactly weak or small) and he flew over the back of the chair and ended upside down on the chair behind, he just laid there and cried lol.

Does no one else got any storys to share? Sad lol.

Hammy.
sketteksalfa
i do agree with satheesh, it depends on how you carry yourself. Its the first impression that gets the attraction of those bullies. If they think you cant protect yourself, or you just let them bully you and just laugh at it then i pity you. You must at least leave an impression of defensive mechanism from the start.
counselr10
Good topic.
I was bullied from Jr High and most of high school. I didn't think I would ever get past the loser part of life.
Since then, I joined the Navy, retired, became a drug/alcohol counselor and retired from that. Most of my counseling career, I worked with high risk teens and took special interrest in those teased or bullied.
I hated my teen years, but now I see it has given me wisodom to help and be compassionate to others.
lors
I never let anyone bully me, I always stood up for myself.
Josso
First couple of years of secondary school yes, every day basically. Some popular guy who thought it was funny to throw insults at people with 50 or less friends Laughing. He eventually got less popular and people got more mature around me, it ended but it was practically a living hell for a good couple of years. It totally messed up my self-confidence and social abilities. Some people will do anything for a laugh I suppose.
evilryu530
i was never bullied in school....stand up for youtrself. take karate lessons, take boxing, or do a sport to build ur confidence up, dont go postal though. keep ya head up....
PatTheGreat42
I get a lot of mixed messages about bullies at school. For example, all this while I was told that bullies lacked self esteem and were just beating kids up to feel better about themselves. Then one homeroom, they tell me this isn't true. What up with that?
SNES350
I would definately get bullied if I went to a large school, but where I go, the most popular people are also very smart, so they have better things (and higher morals) than bullying. I guess maybe being in all their classes and doing as well/better (mostly better >_>) helps too, but I do talk to most of them often so I'm fine. In middle school some people spread some nasty rumors about me and that got to me, but no one seriously does that now.
quartnee
I have only been bullied once, and that was in the eighth grade. It was the most fustrating and surreal experience I've had so far and it couldn't have happened at a worst time. The thing was that I had just moved back from California, and I was really sad about leaving all my friends and then I found out I wasn't able to return to the school I had went to before I left Georgia, and so I had to make new friends again.

I've never had a problem making friends, but for some reason there was a group of girls at the school I went to that just HATED me and for absolutely no reason. Funny thing was we were orginally friends, and then one day the just acted weird and all this other stuff started to happen, and yea it got to the point to where I would skip school by missing the bus on purpose (knowing that my mom would have left the house already) and just go back home with my key. I did get caught, eventually, and my mom had a conference call with the school counseler and the girls. After that I was kind of fed up so I just ignored them and avoided them as best I could.

They did stop bothering me, or if they did still make fun I never heard about it, and luckily I only had to go there for about 6 months and then summer came.

All in all, a horrible experience, but I've since learned that some people will just dislike because they can. It's not always a personal thing, just ignorance..
toughtrio
Yeah I really was bullied, ppl thinking of me as a teachers pet. Only the close friends new the truth and respected me a lot. Well, schools over and so has that thing, but it seems that its stuck with my destiny. That figure of mine makes ppl think of me like that only. Am fedup with it, dunno really how people have so much time to spend on such activities.

They wont bother tho, whats the use even talking about it.

Warm Regards,
ABdul Basit
bdoneck
nah, im from a small community where everyone knows everyone else and though there are cliques and not everyone like everyone else, nobody is bullied. the only time anyone would be even close to bullying someone else would be if they were buddies and just screwing around. we always try to stay away from the people we dont know well or arent good friends with
Snafoo
I was bullied for a while just before i did my exams, but they didnt do it because of my looks or the way i acted, they did it because i was ill. I took my exams and passed them all, but they moulded my life for the next few years, i was a pushover and let people do and say what they liked. Eventually i changed and became the person i am now, i dont let anyone bully me now and i will make sure that my daughter wont let anyone bully her.

Basically you are only a victim if you choose to be. As soon as you stand up to a bully, they back down because they are cowards and only want people who are weak.
Also, for those of you who bully people, remember that when someone bigger and better comes along and you need a friend, you wont have any. So think about what you are doing to someone before you do it, and put yourself in their shoes.
lunatic07
Yeah i use to get bullied in grade 5 wasnt fun at all to. I had no friends been bulied everyday made me cry it wasnt fun at all horrible even my own best friend hanged around with them. But now that i look at it i dont care because those same people want to be my friends now and i dont get bullied no more i have lots of frineds so im happy now
Code of Ruin
PatTheGreat42 wrote:
I get a lot of mixed messages about bullies at school. For example, all this while I was told that bullies lacked self esteem and were just beating kids up to feel better about themselves. Then one homeroom, they tell me this isn't true. What up with that?

It depends on the bully. There are some that bully because they have a lack of self esteem. Then there are just bullies who do so because they think they're hot if they beat up kids.
jcvincent
I was never been bullied my entire life. Maybe because bullies are not that numerous here in the Philippines. hehe. Actually, back in high school, I have 3 bully classmates but they are not bullying me. in fact they are trying to befriend me. It's just I don't want to make friends with those guys.

A poster here said that its on the way you carry yourself. I believe she/he's right. bullies are often bullying(is it the right term?) people who they know lack of self confidence.
jcvincent
One more thing. Don't be intimidated by bullies. They just love people to be intimidated by them. if you get to pss by them in a corridor, don't look down. Try to feel more relaxed. Just be afraid if the bully is someone different than the regular one. (like a cow, a snake) Hehe..
smokey4life
I always had a bad problem with anger so i got into a lot of fights and pretty much beat the breaks off a few people, you know just being a dumb kid Smile So no, no one really messed with me in school i was cool with everyone really.
Hammy
Awww Sad .. i hate to see it that people have cried because of bullying. No one should make someone else feel like that! Sad

jcvincent wrote:
One more thing. Don't be intimidated by bullies. They just love people to be intimidated by them. if you get to pss by them in a corridor, don't look down. Try to feel more relaxed. Just be afraid if the bully is someone different than the regular one. (like a cow, a snake) Hehe..

I found that people who walk along at school looking down who lack self confidence are those that get bullyed most often. Thats why i dont walk with my head down anymore Smile And it really works lol.

Hammy.
brilliantbeauty
Well, I'm never bullied in the normal sense of the word. I have always been a confident person, sometimes, too mcuh. Yes I've been insulted, but I'm not a particulary nice person either so I usually insult them right back. Smile But I don't go out trying to make enemies either of course, that's just stupid. Smile
THE11thROCK™
I was the bully I guess in my childhood days at school Evil or Very Mad. But i'm nice. Now i'm a grown-up and matured, so that's a thing of my past. Very Happy
wicke
I have very often got bullied in the school because I have been very at school. Nowadays I'm starting to open site/forum that give information how to get out of that. And that's why I'm here and wanna get host for my site/forum with MySQL database because I have some backups to put inside and free forum hosters don't support backups.
jobzunlimited
kazikame wrote:
The only person who can really bully you is yourself. They can say all the crap they want about you, but in the end, it's all down to whether you choose to believe them or not.

These bullies are the people who will end up with a crap job for the rest of their lives.

i totally agree with him.
if you are strong enough from heart no one can dare bully you.
when someone tried to bully me in my school days, only a stern look from me stopped them from doing so. i never had to say a word just my body and
mind control did all the work for me.
i had always been silent when someone tried to do that to me , but every one knew if that silence i broken that will be as bad as visitng hell.
Smile
Vlien
I've been bullied ever since I learned to speak :p yeh, toddlers are MEAN!!! I'm not laughing really, I'm serious, I had a hard time when I was little. It continued throughout secondary school. Only my last two years there were uhmm.... nice and peaceful. I used to be a bit of a geek, didn't know what to wear or how to wear the clothes I had... luckily that has changed (well, I hope so!).
I hope you have a circle of friends, because that's what's saved me in my fifth year. Before them, I was on my own all the time. Not that I liked that, not at all, but they just didn't accept me. Ach... I'm happy at uni now Smile
smokey4life
Also i have noticed that a lot of kids back when i went to school, would mistake kindness for weakness, so if you are a nice hearted person who likes to help others out make sure you especially watch your back. If you notice anyone taking advantage of you in any way or asking for too much you have to take action and show them you are a punk otherwise its going to demean your character to the other person and they might just try to push you around even more. Got to always stand up for yourself no matter the consequences!!
shun
Not so much in my school. Most of my classmates are really nice and they won't screw around with me. Though there're some not so nice classmates, but I'm not bothered by them so much
kikass
yeah i was bullied for about an year in high school.... terrible terrible year... then one day i just lost it... so me and another chap (who was suffering the same as me) caught hold of 2 guys from the "bully" group and thrashed them .. not majorly but just enough... the next day these 'bullies' were asking us to hang out with their gang!
all bullies are loosers... and kids who are scared are generally more scared of the 'bully' reputation than anything else... stand up for yourself and everybody will HAVE to respect you...
PS: i am not sayin that physically messing up anybody is a good idea... we had no other way out.. were gettin slapped/smacked almost everyday.. and we knew that we could take 2 of those guys... so as a last resort... we did!
Hammy
Heh, just out of curiosity, did u end up joining them? cuz if u did, you not much better than they were.
kikass
^^^ joined them??? NO! why would we do that? Confused they were a bunch of loosers !!!
kung_fu_stu
luckily I avoided being bullied. The fact that everyone knew I was taking martial arts helped.
Mr Smith
To be honest, I have never been 'really' bullied, only just some sick jokes. I've had the usual old fight when I try stop some people from bullying my mates, so I just click them into shape. I always get let off since there were teachers seeing me stop the bullying.

I used to bully a kid, and I seriously regret it. Bullying people smaller, or less fortunate than you is just cowardness, if they were really cool, why not go bully the principal, or a hardcore fighter or something?

Bullys suck, and they need help, which is what I got.
DelBhoy
SkullPizza wrote:
I actually was a bully at school. I don't think I ever took anyones lunch money tho.

What - like messing their ties up instead?
shashwatblack
bullying isn't "a thing" where i live.. the matter rarely comes up.. there is a little teasing, but not so much as to leave a child hopelessly depressed. and we all have friends.. yea.. no one is left alone, to eat his lunch alone, sit alone in the classroom, or go home alone. there's always at least a couple of friends for everyone.. i'm so used to this system that i don't even know how bullying works, and how it has become such a big deal.. must be the price you pay to live in a "developed" part of the world..
----------------------------

MOD - Spam link removed. Please review The Forum Rules and the Frihost FAQ
-Ankhanu
deanhills
shashwatblack wrote:
bullying isn't "a thing" where i live.. the matter rarely comes up.. there is a little teasing, but not so much as to leave a child hopelessly depressed. and we all have friends.. yea.. no one is left alone, to eat his lunch alone, sit alone in the classroom, or go home alone. there's always at least a couple of friends for everyone.. i'm so used to this system that i don't even know how bullying works, and how it has become such a big deal.. must be the price you pay to live in a "developed" part of the world.
I haven't experienced anything similar, however don't think it is entirely a case of "developed part of the world". Could be any community where the members are very competitive and competing excessively for power and positions. Children could pick it up from their parents or from role models.
jajarvin
I was never really bullied. I know people that have been bullied when they were in school. For them, bullying has been a tough experience. Sad
TheGremlyn
I went through social bullying in public school. Hardly had any friends and most of the people in my class would ignore me. It would always amuse me in gym class when we played a game like dodge ball or this other game where both teams had a square of bean bags and you had to run into enemy territory and steal those bean bags while defending your own turf. I was a pretty good runner and I was really good at avoiding getting hit with a ball in dodge ball. I still remember a ridiculous moment in dodge ball when two of the sporty guys each threw a ball at me. I don't know why but I jumped and spun through the gap between the balls and narrowly missed them. So silly. With those games you wanted me on your team since I help our team win every time!

In high school it got kind of nasty. I basically was this girl that wore huge hooded sweaters but I was this slim girl, never wore makeup and had this shy smile. There were a lot of nasty rumours going around that I was a flirt and I stole other peoples boyfriends. That came about probably because one girl I was friends with decided to bring her shut-in boyfriend to a high school dance. He didn't dance and he just sat in the foyer. I went over to him and we just sat there talking about computers, Halo and instrumental music. High school makes people do crazy things. It was only after I'd gotten through high school that a few guys from my year confessed to liking me a lot. I never dated anyone though.

It's probably taken me a few years but I'm a different person now. If I saw those girls they probably wouldn't recognize me because I behave differently. I have more confidence and I'm more stubborn and I'm not about to take that kind of crap from people. I can also gloat a bit because I haven't changed much, physically, whereas the other girls have put on weight. Hehe.

This is all just about going up. You pass through so many different stages. It's like a jungle out there and there are groups of people who form tribes with standards and there are some things that are considered taboo. Each group has a leader, the alpha girl or boy. They seek out and exploit a weakness and I swear it's just to prove something to those who follow them. I look back and I can see those patterns.

Maybe what you can try and do is step away from the situation, pull yourself back and look at the situation from a distance. My counselor in college had me do the very say thing so I could understand my family dynamics. I had to step back and view them as though they were in a snow globe. Look at what they do, how they behave. Listen to what they say, how they say it and who they say it to. What role does each person play?

It's tough now because you're going through it but I think the more you understand the situation the better off you will be.
johans
i have experienced it but when i look those days i guess it is also a part of my success in life.

Its not a good feeling actually and when we become parents we don't want it experience on our sons and daughters but now there are many ads can campaign of anti-bullying. (nice idea and cool)
foumy6
I don't really experience bullying to my face, but I know people talk about me behind my back. Mostly because when people would try doing something I would just stay emotionless, or if they would say something about how I look I just agree with them.

I know it isn't good to bottle everything up, and not everyone is as emotionally stable as the next person, but this is what worker for me is the good ol' trick of not letting it get to me.
Bluedoll
I suspect being bullied like everything else has a varied severity. I think everyone has experience being bullied to some extent though to various decrees. I’m not sure being noticed, not noticed or remaining emotion motionless has much to do with the act of bullying (if bullies want to bully they well anyway) but those things may be a possible strategy to deal with it when it occurs.

Bullying I think starts with an attitude and is a negative expression that needs to be relearned. I guess learning is really what is important for everyone, the bully and the person subjected to it.
deanhills
This is not to minimize bullying, as it can destroy lives. However, it may be handy to define what bullying is, or is not. Someone may think they were being assertive, whereas the recipient may think that he/she is being bullied, etc. etc.
nickfyoung
Yes, just stand up to them. They are all cowards at heart. Same goes for workplace bullying. Just don't take it. Stand up to them and they will back off and go somewhere else.