FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

My newest drawing :) -- UPDATED

kaikou
This time I've drawn Trance Gemini pic Smile ... Another Andromeda fan pic.

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/37324941/

I'm so proud of this one. Please tell me what you think!

UPDATE: Thank you to those who provided such helpful criticisms Smile I've uploaded a new version, so go check it out?
niranvv
nice one dude!!
keep it up!!
Wink

Niran
Alie
Quote:
I'm so proud of this one.

And you can really be proud of it! I love this pic, kaikou.
By the way, maybe you used program Manga 3d - if you do - tell me how this program is? Good or not... Big thanks. Twisted Evil
kaikou
Thanks, guys Smile I appreciate the comments

I used Photoshop 7... Never used Manga 3D, and I haven't heard anything about it, unfortunately. Sorry, pal!
Dragonfly-online
Very good Job on this one. Very Happy
kaikou
Smile Thanks Very Happy
Shuryou
Hmm, it seems people are just praising you. That's nice and all, but I think what you really need is constructive criticism.

Firly, those Colour bones are whack. You could argue that they're like that due to her not being human or w/e, but it doesn't take away from the fact they the don't look good. They need to point slightly upwards and be a bit thinner.

The bit in between the two breasts is a bit off looking too, it needs to be a tad smaller and more "inny" that "outy" in the centre.

Other than that, I believe it's a magnificent piece and I agree, you can be proud of. I love the colouring and shading. The over all style is nice as well. And is she handless or did you just like the looks of her hand fading off into the dark? It's quite effective like that.
dac_nip
hmm..looks good. just a comment, maybe you could reduce the intensity of the color black in the background, maybe make it grayish but still dark. Especially if this is similar to a portrait design, you need to express every color not just plain black. designers would want to avoid that. Very Happy
kaikou
I appreciate the criticisms Smile

About the collar bones... I didn't design the character. hehe. She has crazy collar bones. Still, mine aren't quite right, I know. I didn't really care when I inked it Smile Shame on me. I might go back and touch that up, actually. I'm about to get a TON of free time.

The color between her breasts is annoying, because it makes shading harder. She's got some strange markings (dark brown/red and then light yellow and just...ugh). If I draw her again, I'll try something different Smile

Re: the black color... I tried grey, and it really wasn't the same. I wanted a LOT of contrast there.

Thank you again! This was helpful. :nod:
noliver
Well if you stop looking at the chest area Smile then maybe you can give the nose some attention ? Nice shading and colors.
kaikou
noliver wrote:
Well if you stop looking at the chest area Smile then maybe you can give the nose some attention ? Nice shading and colors.

funny funny. Razz

hehe and I hate shading noses.

Thanks for the comment
kaikou
Sorry for the double post -- just wanted to direct everyone's attention to the update in my first post Smile