FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Apple iTunes compatibility

JoeFriday
there are several countries that are currently trying to compel Apple to switch their iTunes file format to allow the music downloads to be compatible with any player, namely France and now several scandanavian countries.. of course, Apple likes having compatibility only with the iPod as it will keep their sales of iPods up.. but that only lasts as long as consumers are willing to put up with the incompatibility

I personally don't see why a government should be able to legislate what a company should have to do with its products.. it's not like people can't get the music any place else

how would this be any different than if a dvd manufacturer sold movie discs that were compatible only on their system, while other stores sold dvds that were compatible with all other brands? obviously the discs that were incompatible would not sell well to noncompatible users, and the company would lose sales.. but that should be no concern of the government

I'm curious what the members here think of this.. am I missing something in this argument?