FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


If everyone was the same race, and there was no religion,





S3nd K3ys
... would we still find reasons to hate one another?

Greed.
jabapyth
ARE YOU KIDDING?!?!?!?!? Rolling Eyes

duh. There are SOOO many reasons. Prejudice isnt just based on race or religion. heres a few
    Physical ability
    likes/dislikes
    political views
    size/stature
    social standing
    people skills (c00lness)
    among others.
    Seriously. Unless everyone was perfect (mind & body), we would always find ways to hate each other.
Sappho
Great question SendKeys, unfortunately its just like jabapyth said it wouldn't change anything at all. There will still be greed, there will still be envy and there sure will be idiots that just want to provoke. Sad

But i don't think that there can be a world without religion, as good old Voltaire said: "If God did not exist, it would be necessary to invent Him." Smile Some people are unable to exists without any kind of higher power, i am not saying that its foolishness or weakness at their part, i am just saying how it is.
HoboPelican
Yeah, religion and race are just handy hat-racks to hang our hatred on.
A better question might be WHY some people hate what is different. Could it be an evolved defense mechanism to protect the tribe or pack from the unknown? What is it that makes us hate a member of a precieved group without knowing them?

I can't quote Voltaire, but I do remember this one...
I know that there are people who do not love their fellow man, and I hate people like that!
Code of Ruin
I reckon that it is simply human nature to fight each other. Tribes have been waging war since the stone age. Put two people who both want power in one room and there will be a struggle for who is the more powerfull. Maybe it's just one of our remaining animalistic traits. I think that the Stanford Prison experiment would still go pretty much the same. Some just have a tendency towards random violence. That is present in alle the races so it is a human trait. Therefore in a single human race there would also be people with this need to commit acts of brutality against someone else. Krishnamurti said:
Quote:
“Violence is not merely killing another. It is violence when we use a sharp word, when we make a gesture to brush away a person, when we obey because there is fear. So violence isn't merely organized butchery in the name of God, in the name of society or country. Violence is much more subtle, much deeper, and we are inquiring into the very depths of violence.”

But then again Napoleon, one of the greatest generals and commiters of violence said:
Quote:
“There are only two forces in the world, the sword and the spirit. In the long run the sword will always be conquered by the spirit.”
So maybe there still is hope.
alja
power seeking people (no matter if we all are the same... there still would be some who would want all the power)... As long as we dont start looking inside ourselves and get our own mind in peace, we wont be able to live next to each other peacefully!
mOrpheuS
S3nd K3ys wrote:
... would we still find reasons to hate one another?

Greed.

Gotta love the "optimism"!
Really, religion is not something that nature created : we, humans did.
To say that human beings exist, but religion doesn't, is very wishful thinking.

If human beings were to socialize at all, they will end up getting segregated into some sort of groups.
They will create something like religion eventually.

And we all know what happens next ... Cool

It's the basic nature of all organisms to act hostile to anything that doesn't belong.
We, humans only take it to the next level by creating artificial parameters like religion and political boundaries to divide ourselves with.
Davidgr1200
Actually we are all the same race, it's calle dthe Human race. I doubt if there are any other races actively reading this forum!
Hammy
If everyone was the same, looked the same, acted the same and stuff. Then i dont think we'd have reason to hate anyone, else you'd be hating everyone, including yourself, but then everyone else wld be hatin everyone else at some point too cuz were all the same and predictable.

But that'll never happen. Smile lol I like being different.
Jeslyn
Of course people would.
You have different social classes constantly whining about one another, i.e. " why do the wealthy get lower taxes, and why should the wealthy have to support the poor."
You have different cliques on one another.
People of different political standings who must prove their views are right
People from different countries protesting their country is better
Miniwood
Davidgr1200 wrote:
Actually we are all the same race, it's calle dthe Human race. I doubt if there are any other races actively reading this forum!


I'm with you there, we are all the same race. As for religion, that's for babies who can't deal with reality, you live-you die-you rot away.
S3nd K3ys
Quote:
I'm with you there, we are all the same race.


That's one interpretation, but not the only one, nor is it the predominate one. Ask a human what race they are, and they'll likely NOT answer "human".

dictionary.com regarding "race" wrote:

# A group of people united or classified together on the basis of common history, nationality, or geographic distribution: the German race.
Soulfire
You can change the outside - but the greed and corruption of humanity remain. I'm sure we could come up with something Shocked
izimngcubes15
I don't think it's going to solve any problems very much. People will still hate each other for how they act or what they say. Or what they do.
windrei
maybe there would be no wars............... almost all the wars are due to race and religion difference....
angelussum
Oh I'm sure people would find other things to fight about. It's human nature to do so, race and religions are just excuses. Even if everyone was the same, we're wired in a way that makes us competitive, so there will always be people fighting. C'est la vie.
soulman
well, same kind of animals fight for the right of propagation, we human fight for our love... that's the rule of earth life...
osbits
Do you mean Get Ride OF Other races out of this planet?
I think the problem is we care about it.If everyone of us give no attention to it then There if no so meant ''Race'' in this world.We talk it,we notice it beacouse our parents and our friends talked about it.Our children will talk about it just beacouse we have talked about it.No matter what the purpose
we talked about this topic we were being on a wrong way....
Tumbleweed
Davidgr1200 wrote:
Actually we are all the same race!


My thoughts exactly
godam64
no religion and no race is not the answer to keep peace in the world....

the are 2 kind of people :
1. good people
2. bad people

they always appear although they have same race & same religion live in 1 isolated place.

how to control the bad people : law & religion

how to stay away from desease and get better children : marry someone difference in race Wink

note:
there are bad religions
sibby
Even people of the same race and religion hate each other day by day, just think about disputes in the neighbourhood or conjugal violence.

It's in the nature of mankind to destruct itself, race and religion only speed it up.
Slammer
Yeah there would still be hatred as some others have said, size/ knowledge different none religious/race related things. But i defanetly think there would be less wars!
Josso
It might be a bit boring, if everyone was the same.
THE11thROCK™
Sounds like Island "movie". Well, it's impossible. Diversity, variety and complexity always exist.
Nameless
There will always be some sad individuals who will hate people for being different. If there was no difference they would hate them for being the same.
Traveller
Just for an interesting point of reference, try reading The Lathe of Heaven by Ursula K. LeGuin
nilsmo
Religion is a powerful thing - it's a little unrealistic for it to be misplaced but as this is merely a hypothetical situation I will consider the possibilities. OK, whatever, I just felt like saying that. I think there would be a bit less violence because religion is special in that people place complete faith in something not completely logical, which makes people in some cases do not completely logical things (e.g. the branch of Islam which says that anything done for Allah, even if it kills people, is justified). But as everyone has been saying complexity and individuality will still exist.
majnouna
THANKS BUT THE QUSTION IS really we have ^pure relegion or no because when we learn about "islam" we find that it's more logique and more organizide
S3nd K3ys
majnouna wrote:
THANKS BUT THE QUSTION IS really we have ^pure relegion or no because when we learn about "islam" we find that it's more logique and more organizide


LoL! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Um, yeah. Ok.

The more I learn about Islam, the more I'm glad I'm not living in the ME somewhere. Cool
DianaCoelho
do you think so??... people don't hate each other just for the different religions or race!... there are many problems in our society in the same race and religion, fact that proves that belonging to the same group of people doesn't mean that there are no problems!... the jealousy and competition on our jobs, schools and even inside our family are just examples how our world will never be peacefull..weather we have the same religion and race or not... infortunately!
halflife28
Race and religion are completely ignorant ways to hate one another. Actually anyway to hate someone is completely ignorant. I'm speaking this in hypocrisy of course, as well as most people speaking on this forum. Some people can actually give you rage like myself. George Bush as the American president pisses me off.

Differences are what makes this world tick, and natural. Everyone has their differences. If everyone was the same, then the world would be boring.
Ghost Rider103
If everybody was so perfect, I think this worl, would be very boring Laughing

But I am not relgious, and I dont see why other religions dont like others, to me it is just stupid to hate somone for their religion, I think because this religion hating thing is getting so bad, religion should be banned in the U.S. That may sound harsh, but it would solve alot of problems after everyone got over from the U.S. banning it.
Tubesock
I personally think that there would be more people that hated eachother because we would all be more similar. For example you might think someone is trying to be you because they are so much like you.
riv_
Sure, we'd have lots of great reasons to hate one another.
Am I the only one with in-laws??? Shocked
jeffsolodky
People would just make new seperations.
izcool
It looks like that you haven't seen the movie Gattaca, which I highly recommend to you. In Gattaca, it's set in the not-too-distant future where people are discriminated through their DNA, as people who have things "wrong" with their DNA have to become - in the case of this movie - Janitors, where people who have "perfect" DNA can do cool things - and in the case of this movie - people that work for perfect missions to space. You'll have to see the movie to get the full view on what I mean.

- Mike.
jobzunlimited
I agree.
No Race , NO Anguish,
But Again I aagree that the racism is just not in religion it is on many factors,
physical apperaence,
monetary status
many more
wombatrpgs
If everyone was the same, it would just be a matter of time before there was conflict. Some people feel the need to dominate, and will do anything to get that. Religion and race just seem to be excuses to demonize and therefore validate domination.
konflikt
Wow. This really turned out to be an interesting inquiry. What would it be like if everyone were the same? Well, isn't that how it is? I mean, aside from skin color, language, customs, what more are we than flesh and blood? Bones and a brain? Inside of each brain is occupied by a personality, with preferences and thought processes of their own. Each individual one is unique, and no 2 are the same. Oh sure, many are similar, even among different cultures, but this world is full of human beings with human tendencies. Sadly, among those tendencies is hate and violence, especially for no reason. Or even worse, reasons such as one's beliefs do not conform to others standards. But, this is the world we live in. My beliefs are we are living in this manner because of the fallen nature of man, and Satan's temptations everywhere around us. It is only when Jesus comes back that we will truly see world peace, in the sight of Him, the living, reigning King. But those are my beliefs. I understand that there are those among you who do not have the same beliefs as I, and I pray that there are those who do. My only wish would be for everyone to understand that there is a plan for this world, and their is a choice to made as to which side you are on. To those who do believe as I do, I only hope that at some point in time you will be able to open your mind to the truth and see is as it was meant to be seen. But that is a choice you will have to make.
The-Master
I think yes we would still find reasons to hate one another. If you think about it, your mum/dad/guardian you like most of the time, probably has the same religion as you and possibly the same race but most people still manage to get into arguments and fights with their parents.

I think what is more likely is if there was one set religion that everyone would abide by then there would be more likeliness of "World Peace" but it would still be difficult. If you think about Christianity and everyone abiding by it perfectly
  • There would be no killing
  • No adultery

etc etc.
blackheart
Wether you're stuck with four kids on a wage of 4.99 p/h, or runner-up in the selection of the company's new CEO - you always want more, and always need a reason for why you don't have it. Why you've failed to provide, or aren't the best in your field.
And that reason is never oneself.

If you can't blame the black guy, then you'll blame the "beautiful" people, the "arseholes" or the people from the "other" family.

Race and religion are just the two most obvious, and thereby easiest, options. If they "dissappeared", some other difference would fall into their place. Class/wealth, music... politics.

It's human nature. It's ambition;
And yes, it's greed.

---

p.s:

The-Master wrote:

I think what is more likely is if there was one set religion that everyone would abide by then there would be more likeliness of "World Peace" but it would still be difficult. If you think about Christianity and everyone abiding by it perfectly
  • There would be no killing
  • No adultery

etc etc.


I'm pretty sure there are as many Christians out there commiting Adultery/Murder/Killing/Etc as in any other religion.
If you took any religion and had everyone abide by it perfectly, you would be just as close to Utopia.
Jack_Hammer
Davidgr1200 wrote:
Actually we are all the same race, it's calle dthe Human race. I doubt if there are any other races actively reading this forum!


The English race?
wombatrpgs
I believe he's confusing it with 'species.'
picklebreath
i don't have much to say
that would be a very wierd world
vashish87
One way of looking at it: we already are pretty similar, we are one race. And still we form groups, fight amongst ourselves. So what you're basically asking is, what if we were the same race according to the current definition of race? Ans: we would find a new definition.
wowz
I'm not prejudice.. I hate everyone equally.

Wink Wink Wink



And as for this human race....
When did it start? What do I get if I win? No one told me I was in a race!!!
Can I cheat?
wowz
The-Master wrote:
I think yes we would still find reasons to hate one another. If you think about it, your mum/dad/guardian you like most of the time, probably has the same religion as you and possibly the same race but most people still manage to get into arguments and fights with their parents.

I think what is more likely is if there was one set religion that everyone would abide by then there would be more likeliness of "World Peace" but it would still be difficult. If you think about Christianity and everyone abiding by it perfectly
  • There would be no killing
  • No adultery

etc etc.



yes, lovely thought.. but then, if people followed the written law that would be true as well...
(in some countries, adultery is not illegal, and then, it's not adultery either.. it's nothing.. it's normal.. let them be who they want to be)
Bockman
Davidgr1200 wrote:
(...)I doubt if there are any other races actively reading this forum!


Maybe you've heard of Bondings, our lovely alien hoster?

S3nd K3ys wrote:
majnouna wrote:
THANKS BUT THE QUSTION IS really we have ^pure relegion or no because when we learn about "islam" we find that it's more logique and more organizide


LoL! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Um, yeah. Ok.

The more I learn about Islam, the more I'm glad I'm not living in the ME somewhere. Cool


Actually, SK, I believe the problem isn't in the religion itself, but in the interpretations we make of them. After you finished reading the Coram and the bible, you will see they have similar entries that can be misunderstood (or sometimes wrongly used in specific situations to justify bad actions). Problem isn't in religions, it's in men himself.

halflife28 wrote:
George Bush as the American president pisses me off.


You just gave S3nd K3ys a reason to hate you for life there. If there's something he does NOT like is someone oposing what he calls "The greatest American President ever".

riv_ wrote:
Am I the only one with in-laws??? Shocked


hell no! The difference is: I don't hate them Wink

wombatrpgs wrote:
I believe he's confusing it with 'species.'


If you asked me 10 years ago, I would probably reply "I'm a caucasian", because that's what I was taught at school.
Nowadays, after perceiving what the "race" term may bring up, I would probably reply "I'm human". I would use the terms "hispanic", "asian", "caucasian", etc to describe someone's phisionomy, but people could (and some surely would) use it to diminuish other races. That's why I usually end up using the phrase "I'm human", except when describing myself fisically to someone who can not see me.

------------------

As for my thoughts about anger, they are explicit in above posts. We will always find a reason to hate someone. I'll take this forum as an example.

I sometimes find myself hating this or that user on this same forums (you know who you are Razz ). BUT we must learn to leave with this feeling and get over it. Although I may not like their actions/replies/quotes/signatures/whatever, I have to be able to not hate them. I have to be able to treat them as I do every other member.
This, unfortunately, is something not all of us are willing to do.. Some of us (Humans) are lazy and don't bother to try and understand others. It's just easier to hate someone rather than go to the trouble of understanding him/her.

Be Well Cool
roadruner
if we didn't want to have hate on this world then we shouldn't be on it =P
as long as we live there will be a reason to have wars
wombatrpgs
roadruner wrote:
if we didn't want to have hate on this world then we shouldn't be on it =P


I don't want hate on this world. Do you say I deserve to die? I think I'm misunderstanding you...
-+Enigma_84958+-
someone will hate something for some stupid reason for the rest of time
evilvic
there will always be hate or love in this world, thats just how it is. noone can ever stop it! only if we would all be equal but i doubt that will ever happen! thats how humans are...they have to hate sometimes. The tv makes us hate Osama bin laden and Saddam Hussein, some stupid americans dont even know what exactly bin laden did, but they hate him. why because bush and the media says "HATE OSAMA BIN LADEN" (i'm not defending bin laden or anything,its just an example)

peace
CMA
Without different races or religions, people would find stupider reasons to hate other people, no matter how small those differences would be.
snjripp
As long as there is brokenness in our world that brokenness will live upon itself escalating the division and blocking healing and wholeness. So, until eschatology is fulfilled, brokenness will have a grip in the world because we are incapable of figuring this out on our own or fixing it.
timothymartin
The only way to not have religion is if everybody is dead. And even then...
chatrack
This case is interesting. I think there is no reason to hate others, who are just like us. But we love diversity in every respect.
Greatking
yes people would still find reasons to hate each other, cause we are not perfect and one way or the other someone may step on someone's toe and then there is misunderstanding. but then come to think of it, it would be one boring world if every body was the same, you know, it would be colorless, very boring, the differences we have makes life interesting, so i think i like this world, even though there a few awful things going on. it is well!
soljarag
religion and race are only a small part of why people hate eachother...

i think the main reason is because we are all animals and our instint is to look out for ourselves and family. If we had an abundant supply of everything, there would be LESS of a chance to hate, however that is not the case....

Also personality has to do with people getting along with one another. Certain personalities clash with one another and those people will never get along
Magicman
Differences are always relative. If people became more similar through the same race and religion, differences which are now considered small would seem to become much bigger and cause arguments that way. Only if everyone was exactly the same could there be a total lack of hate. And with that there would be no progress and advancements and all the great things that come from differences.
deanhills
If everyone were the same race and there was no religion, I'm certain people would find something else to differ or agree on. Seems to be in the nature of human beings to spar with one another on all matters or to defend themselves against accusations, resulting in conflict and sparring. If the colour of everyone's skin were the same, they will probably look at the difference in the colour of eyes, and will find plenty other differences, seeing we are so very different from one another, in appearance as well as thought. Some basic things will be the same, but there are always enough of the differences to test us all of the time in our relationships with one another on a micro as well as a macro level.
TurtleShell
It is in our nature to hate, just as it is in our nature to love. I don't think that a lack of race and religious differences would change that.
timothymartin
The question raises a lot of questions. What same race? How would all the other races be eliminated? What criteria, if any, would be used in picking the one race? How does one race maintain a status of being the only race? I believe we started out as only one race and with the complex design of the human dna branched off into numerous races from the one. But the second part of the question is the real twist. If there was no belief in anything, an absence of belief.. true denial of all, then what would be the point of living? If there was utterly no reason to exist then what would be the purpose of existing? But that is already starting down the path of belief.. To not believe in one's existence is in fact a belief. To believe everything is a much easier task than to try and attempt to believe nothing because the act itself is admitting a belief.
deanhills
@timothymartin. I thought the supposition of the thread was "no religion" .... not "no beliefs". If there should be no religion, I would imagine that man being a thinking individual would still have beliefs, and beliefs that would be different enough for some to disagree on. For me, the fact that there is an opposite to anything, i.e. love as well as hate, good as well as bad, in all people, would always be an almost guarantee for lack of peace and presence of conflict. Also, perhaps conflict is an important part of progress. If people have to agree on everything, then perhaps they could not have made as much progress as they have to date?
ProfessorY91
Why turn this into a discussion of religion? Seems like S3nd K3ys wanted to eliminate that possibility. Assume that whatever mythical power up there made itself known on a daily, monthly, or weekly basis and left no room for interpretation. Then assume that that continued for an infinite length of time. There you have it, no religion.

Being totally honest, I'd discriminate based on intelligence. Not innate intelligence, but how far up the rungs you choose to push yourself. More respect to people who are considered smart, less respect to dumbasses. Yes, I realize that its not a uniform standard to discriminate against, but whatever.
Parkour_Jarrod
ProfessorY91 wrote:
Why turn this into a discussion of religion? Seems like S3nd K3ys wanted to eliminate that possibility. Assume that whatever mythical power up there made itself known on a daily, monthly, or weekly basis and left no room for interpretation. Then assume that that continued for an infinite length of time. There you have it, no religion.

Being totally honest, I'd discriminate based on intelligence. Not innate intelligence, but how far up the rungs you choose to push yourself. More respect to people who are considered smart, less respect to dumbasses. Yes, I realize that its not a uniform standard to discriminate against, but whatever.


Assuming that that was how he meant it, your argument for intelligence would be void as without those things we have no drive to ask "Why?" Therefore we would just be, and live almost entirely off hormones and instinct meaning that we most probably would judge people on their physical ability, something that we have learned in today's society to ignore (though i head in america it is still a way of judgement)
iman
As long as we have differences, there will be discrimination.
It's actually not about our differences. It's just pride.
Greatking
it will be one boring world if there were no differences, so i guess its alright to have differences, even if there are arguments and disagreements its all part of who we are.
Bluedoll
I think men would still hate. Not sure religion and surely not race is makes people hate. Our differences are just there for our enjoyment of variety. So why all the hate?

Of course there has to be justice when an injustice is done but besides this, in general I think there is hate because people don’t wish to understand the other person. They hate knowledge because that knowledge just might change what they believe and they don’t want to change? Just my thoughts.
standready
You eliminated two reasons. You will never be able to eliminate all the possible reasons for hate. And just when you think you have found them all, more will show up.
Parkour_Jarrod
standready wrote:
You eliminated two reasons. You will never be able to eliminate all the possible reasons for hate. And just when you think you have found them all, more will show up.


Imagine a world without consciousness...
wombatrpgs
Parkour_Jarrod wrote:

Imagine a world without consciousness...

Now you're starting to sound like bad sci-fi. ...Well, I guess that's what the world would be "without hate." It doesn't really strike me as very natural...
Parkour_Jarrod
wombatrpgs wrote:
Parkour_Jarrod wrote:

Imagine a world without consciousness...

Now you're starting to sound like bad sci-fi. ...Well, I guess that's what the world would be "without hate." It doesn't really strike me as very natural...


To me it would be a world of nothing but forest... Razz
speeDemon
It would just be one reason less in a sea of a million of reasons, and won't change a thing according to me.

Though, there is another side to it entirely. But for that the world would have to start over.
Say, the world starts out with a certain number of people who follow the same religion and are of the same race, then if their religion would prohibit some things and have some elementary rules then they would have to follow them indefinately. It's something like the 10 commandments or so, and the people would be God fearing. No one would dare to do anything against their religion, and because of that higher power, they would never be able to create the world we have made today(in a good way).

But that's just an ideal situation, which just can't happen with the human kind. We are so curious about the smallest of things, that we soon forget about our religion(not completely, but to a certain extent) and of course we also have atheists, so it would not work out I guess.
Arseniy
Nah, idealism is very unnatural thing for me.
The manking gets used to the differentiation. Everything is getting divided into lots of small parts, because it's easier or it's just (hello Nietzsche! Smile ) the power of human's curiosity. Nothing would be single, because there's no straight identical individuals; psychosomatics always vary our behaviour and looks. So sooner or later new flows would appear certainly.
Unification is theoretically and practically impossible. It's like the theory of worldwide communism Wink
Bluedoll
I don't see it that way.
If we go back to main topic, If everyone was the same race, and there was no religion would we still find reasons to hate one another? - - - -
The issue seems to be hate not race or religion but the question is asking if those two things did not exist would there still be hate?
Some will say yes, some will say no then speculate what kind of a world it would it be.

------------------------------------------------------

I see the hate as the singular concern. It has nothing to do with governments, religion or culture though those things affect people.
Remember, that hate can exist as a positive force but the kind of hate being considered in this topic is hate for one another.

The only way to eliminate hate for one another is to have the opposite.
A world (what ever it takes to create that kind world is a world . . .) that inspires love for one another is the only world possible that can exist without having a world where people have hate for one another.
___________________________________________________________________



DianaCoelho wrote:
do you think so??... people don't hate each other just for the different religions or race!... there are many problems in our society in the same race and religion, fact that proves that belonging to the same group of people doesn't mean that there are no problems!... the jealousy and competition on our jobs, schools and even inside our family are just examples how our world will never be peacefull..weather we have the same religion and race or not... infortunately!
Arseniy
Quote:

I don't see it that way.
If we go back to main topic, If everyone was the same race, and there was no religion would we still find reasons to hate one another? - - - -
The issue seems to be hate not race or religion but the question is asking if those two things did not exist would there still be hate?

Hah, and I say, that any theoria cannot be viewed without the particular reasons for that theoria to work.
You do like a weird bridgebuilder, who tries to hang the bridge on air without strong pillars under it or the cables above.

But even then, there are some more reasons to hate, like the factor of wealth or jeaulosity. It depends of the power of that worldwide religion and its rules.
And you must note that psychosomatical processes can be born without any influence from outside. The hate can be ungrounded, and so does the love.[/quote]
Bluedoll
Not sure I understand completely, Arseniy, (you understand a second language the power goes to you, well done for know you two lanquages which is much better than me) I think you are saying this?

Things like jealousy and unequally in wealth exist, so love is not enough? Please tell me if this is what you mean ok.

Fo me, I believe that worldly religion and rules are not enough though they certainly do have merit. I was thinking just of only one thing "hate for other people" and that a world of hate is the opposite of a world of love. Very simple really.

As far as buildings and foundations go, love is the only foundation a friend will ever have to get close to me, this not a theory but a fact. Why can it not be that way with the rest of the world and interact to work out everything else in time?
But love always must come first?
Arseniy
Quote:
Things like jealousy and unequally in wealth exist, so love is not enough? Please tell me if this is what you mean ok.

Nope, things like jealousy and unequally in wealth exist, and they are the additional reason for people to generate the Hate.
Quote:
But love always must come first?

NEVAR! Smile
The first is anyones unique personality. There are people who are inable to love, or who think the love is rather stupid thing. And it will be impossible to be tolerant with them because of their origin - they were born with the addiction to kill, to despot etc.
Maybe, there will be a great worldwide cult of essential Love, followed by MOST people on Earth (like christianity) - not ALL people, people are different and the connections they used to make between each other are different to.
If you can't understand what I'm writing - ask Smile I'm always glad to explain my point.
Bluedoll
I do agree with you for there are many many reasons why hate gets generated.

I do know that there are many unfortunates and that not all people in the world live in a luxurious estate home but must live out their life in a small ruin down building however that does not mean they can not be joyful in a happy home. Sometimes the less happy are the people with the wealth.

As for the opposite of hate I do wonder what mother ever said, "I want for my child to have a world of misery."

Sad
deanhills
Being the opposite of love, would there be love if there were not hate? So perhaps then at the heart of hate has to be the guilt trip that we set on ourselves that we are not supposed to hate, we may only love, or we should not hate, because love is better for our wellbeing? None of that has to do with religion. It has more to do with what is human in us. We feel very guilty if we hate someone/group of someones, so we have to work on gathering heaps of justification/evidence for making it OK to hate that person/group of persons and NOT OK to love that person/group of persons. So our mind sets us up on a path of conflict and war, armed with a growing list of reasons why it is OK to hate someone/group of persons, or OK not to love that person/group of persons. Eventually that list could grow into rules and regulations, maybe using religion and quoting from it to draw a line in the sand, before the ultimate act of war. But first there was hate. It is part of what is human in us and if there were no religion it will still be there. We probably need to find a way of coping better with hate, than wanting to remove it or feel guilty about it.
Bluedoll
deanhills wrote:
Being the opposite of love, would there be love if there were not hate? So perhaps then at the heart of hate has to be the guilt trip that we set on ourselves that we are not supposed to hate, we may only love, or we should not hate, because love is better for our wellbeing? None of that has to do with religion. It has more to do with what is human in us. We feel very guilty if we hate someone/group of someones, so we have to work on gathering heaps of justification/evidence for making it OK to hate that person/group of persons and NOT OK to love that person/group of persons. So our mind sets us up on a path of conflict and war, armed with a growing list of reasons why it is OK to hate someone/group of persons, or OK not to love that person/group of persons. Eventually that list could grow into rules and regulations, maybe using religion and quoting from it to draw a line in the sand, before the ultimate act of war. But first there was hate. It is part of what is human in us and if there were no religion it will still be there. We probably need to find a way of coping better with hate, than wanting to remove it or feel guilty about it.
so well written commendable!!
I see your points and where you are coming from and where you are going however please allow me to attach to your thoughts ok? I agree it is human to hate and to see something good in something we need a comparison. On seeing it, we need to deal with it. It is a choice, a pathway we follow to hate or not. We choose.
Actions taken against us will ask for justice, will ask for response to but we would be better to do things for the purpose of justice as to confront an assault than to resort to hatred. It is possible to act without hate/vindictiveness.

What I am saying is our actions will dictate our future but our choice to hate (others or ourselves) decides who we will become.
A future without worldly religious law, without racial bias is possible but a world without love is not possible since eventually it would only end up a desert of destruction. Does this mean eliminate hate? No, I think it means overcome it.
deanhills
But is hate always a case of a "choice to hate"? Something separate from us that we have control over? Isn't it part of who we are as human beings? We love, and if we love, hate is just on the other side of love? Do we choose to love? Or do we just love spontaneously, and hate spontaneously. It is part of who we are? Love is OK of course, so no problem there, but its negative, hate, then gets separated as something really bad and outside of who we are? Not really human? Something to control, and if we cannot control it, then there is conflict written in that? Only bad people hate? Can you feel the judgment in there? The guilt? The conflict?
Bluedoll
Yes there is conflicting forces everywhere in the universe. It pulls everything apart and holds it all together. This is very interesting and dangerously conflictive but let us consider here for the benefit of this topic that love and hate are two completely separate and different identities. If we do this then we can visualize something that will allow us a choice and make it controllable.

It is so very true what you say that as humans we live spontaneously aware of our human emotions however please allow me to use love and hate in this post in a more general sense.

It is a human need to manage, control , dominate our environment. In connection with other people(s) we can do this with love or we can do it with hate. If we manage other people with love then we do them a service as well really but if we dominate them to their injury then yes we are doing something wrong. We should feel guilt as our conscience will tell us when we are acting as evil.

We can be in control of our actions and this is something we can decide on. As far as how we feel about love or hate in our hearts that is beyond our reach and I agree, it is true, we are not in control of this.

Is it prohibited not to consider guilt, an honouring of our conscience, making a judgement or even have some conflict to our reasoning and be human?
deanhills
Bluedoll wrote:
We can be in control of our actions and this is something we can decide on.
I don't think humans are completely rational beings. Yes, we can try our best to control our actions, but sometimes we can be provoked in ways that completely make us into irrational beings. Loose control. For some people who are perhaps better educated, or wiser, or not as demonstrative of their feelings, it may be easier to control their actions, but for your average Joe, who has just found out his wife is sleeping with his neighbour, control would probably be furthest from his mind. If he did like his neighbour before, or they were best friends, that is a very typical situation where love would spontaneously change to hate, with no thinking in between. Sort of a very human reaction.
Seiorai
S3nd K3ys wrote:
... would we still find reasons to hate one another?

Greed.


To be honest, I think people are so made that they will ALWAYS find a grudge against each other.
Also, I may be named a conspiracy theory lover but I do believe that most of the wars and grudges in history were started on pretexts and with the only aim of conquering and dominating another people.

Actually event at this moment we are being "conquered", but in a different way. Instead of waging long and tiring actual wars, the developed countries economically "conquer" developing or under-developed ones, to have a place to market their products&etc.

In your scenario, maybe the pretexts for a war or hate wouldn't be religion or race anymore, but I think another "serious" reason would be invented...sadly.

Just my twopence <3
Arty
Take for example, Christianity. Even though in the past there was only one sect of Christianity, and most members were white, they still had a schism and split into many different protestant religions. So no, we will always hate each other.
deanhills
Good post Seiorai, and agreed totally. If one takes movies as a reflection of humans, it would appear that they really love hate movies. The more blood thirsty, the better. So that passion probably comes first and then labelling hate passion with a religion or any kind or Casus belli second.
menino
I think the speciality of the human race, is its diversity, and although some of don't get along with others, it requires us to somehow.
If we were all one religion, and one race.. we would still find a way to find differentiation between one and other.
The one thing that I believe that the human race should evolve, is the love and acceptance of each and everyone, no matter who or what.

But thats evolution in the making, I guess, and will probabl take a long time.
goutha
the same race could be cool. But I'm sure that a religion will exist anyway.

In all cases, there will be as many wars as we see now. The wars we are witnessing are not the result of races, but often the result of religions...
icechild
DONT GET IT TWISTED MEHN!!!
People would still find resons to hate each other.
Stuff like
Position,
Wealth,
Power,
Looks,
Politics
and i could go on and on brotha.
Religion gone! and Race Done for! Stuffs would still pop up from time to time.
Bluedoll
icechild wrote:
DONT GET IT TWISTED MEHN!!!
People would still find resons to hate each other.
Stuff like
Position,
Wealth,
Power,
Looks,
Politics
and i could go on and on brotha.
Religion gone! and Race Done for! Stuffs would still pop up from time to time.
Is this not another religion? Branded differently, looking differently but still a religion in another form?

Stop the hate not the reasonings?
wombatrpgs
Bluedoll wrote:
icechild wrote:
DONT GET IT TWISTED MEHN!!!
People would still find resons to hate each other.
Stuff like
Position,
Wealth,
Power,
Looks,
Politics
and i could go on and on brotha.
Religion gone! and Race Done for! Stuffs would still pop up from time to time.
Is this not another religion? Branded differently, looking differently but still a religion in another form?

Stop the hate not the reasonings?

Just because some have a religious respect of those items doesn't mean they are religions...
omale55
I think hatred is in the nature of man. Even if there is no cause for a fight, man must always find something worth fighting for.

Some people find pleasure in making other angry. When everyone is happy, they are angry but when there is chaos, they get turned on. Others get jealous if their friend or neighbour is progressing and they are finding it difficult and this brings about hatred.

There is a fine line between love and hate. Love can easily be turned to hate.

So I believe that it is in man's nature to find something against one another no matter the circumstances.
deanhills
omale55 wrote:
So I believe that it is in man's nature to find something against one another no matter the circumstances.
Good point. Also interesting that some people have the tendency to hate more than others. Some of it could be blamed on family circumstances, but I wonder whether it could be something in our genes as well. Some of us are also a bit more impatient than others. Bottomline, human beings are far from perfect, although most of us want to be perfect.
Related topics
Mexifornia - The Destruction of America
Do we need Religions?
NAZIS
Gay Marriage
Comments about this forum and how we can improve it
Seperation vs. Integration based on Malcolm X thoughts
true that people of the same race love each other moreoften
Beliefs,right & wrongs, Men were created equal. live wit
India
What do you think of the equal-pay bill?
Can a person be both Christian and Muslim?
The Copenhagen Declaration on Religion in Public Life
This months edition of Good News
Not saying "Christmas" (Dear non-US Frihosters...)
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> General -> General Chat

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.