FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Hating Dot.tk

OutwardBound
I can't register a domain in .tk, it always redirect me to their homepage while I nearly finish registration, can someone help?
P.S. I've used Firefox and IE, both resulting the same.
SpellcasterDX
Maybe your firewall is blocking the site? If not, try AOL Explorer. (Lost the link. Just go to aim.com and find the download link.)
OutwardBound
Thank you for your advise, it is better now. Before I install AOL, I can only move to the 2nd step, and being redirected to their index. After the installation, I am being rediected to the index after I move to step 3. It still count as a good change, isn't it?
tehk
From my experience, dot.tk is lousy in terms of reliability and advertisement. I recommend you use http://www.freedomain.co.nr/, it works just like dot.tk but MUCH better. Plus, I think the co.nr looks better then .tk anyways Wink
OutwardBound
This is the best piece of advice I'd never seen before! I'm just hating the adv. on my Dot.tk site! When I count them, I found at least 3 pop-ups, a frame adv. bar which always sticks with my site. That's just annoying! Also, when I came up with the idea turning them off, I found no more pop-ups but 1 frame adv. bar on top, and another one at the bottom! I'm just wondering when Dot.tk will put an adv. bar on the side, making my site < than 50% of the screen-size! Rubblish Dot.tk!
tekage
I have a .tk registered, but I cant access to my page because it redirects me to tks main page and it says "this domain is already registered, please choose another domain".
OF COURSE IT IS REGISTERED! I REGISTERED IT!
How can I access my page?
Thanks,
K
MM357
tekage, Why do not you forget about this useless dot TK and think about having a .co.nr or .uni.cc ..

There is many other ways to have a great looking for your site with a short and elegant domain name.

OutwardBound, I also hate dot tk !!

Note: I did not completely try .uni.cc .. However, I tried .co.nr and I agree about what tehk said
Lonelyhut
I hate dot.tk, too. Especially the advertisement part. I think it destroies the quality of the site.
sush
Well I just signed up, let's see how well it goes (if at all). Otherwise I'm gonna buy a decent .com or .org and I hear they're pretty cheap (Under INR 500 per year).
Zenrei
I LOVE DOT.TK

First of all
--- this is for the general people
if your not smart enough to
---READ THE CONTROL PANEL IN ITS ENTIRETY---

then you dont deserve a redirecton service

1. the ads.. THEY CAN BE REMOVED... simply go to the cpanel click on the advertising ad option, click the last option and click continue. it takes around 1-2 mintues to update (this is a web redirection after all) and done
i got mine to work in less than 5 minutes. Not Only does it Redirect the url but you can set up up to 5- 8 e-mail redirections aswell, and it can be a hook for chat rooms i mean cmon what more do you want?
i have it Redirecting to google for now untill i get my heads up for the space here
*you can change the redirection adress at any time.. and you can have many redirecting domains under one single account. out of all the options in the admins list dot.tk is the best itsonly requirement is that 25 people ACTUALY visit ur redirected page. i mean if you cant muster 25 people with enough interest to visit your site monthly...do you think it even deserves a full domain...enough said

*pats dot.tk in the back and tells it not to be sad by the insults the puny people have said about him... "its all right my friend its all right... carry on"
Eyre
Every time i try to go to a .tk site the page won't load.
vivaprint
dot.tk is just a waste of time.... they put ads on ur website..... why don't u try uni.cc they support dns
mikethm
Eyre wrote:
Every time i try to go to a .tk site the page won't load.

But the page not loading could be due to 2 reasons mostly...

1) Your DNS server doesn't work for .tk domains. Meaning it is your DNS server at fault.

Solution: Switch DNS. Point your TCP/IP settings to use a public DNS server instead of your ISP's.

2) The webhosts of the pages which you are trying to access are down.

Solution: .tk does not host the pages/data which the website you are trying to visit even if they are www.xxxxxx.tk domains. So it is probably the webhosts at fault in such cases.

3) Your browser somehow does not allow or is unable to handle redirection( .tk is basically a redirection service).

Solution: Switch to some decent browser pls.

4) All other reasons.

Solution: None.
william
I use Dot TK, and it works for now. I had the same exact problem as you. I resolved it like this, use either a different computer, or a different user account on a network/computer. It worked for me. Though, you may want to give .co.nr a try.

Zenrei wrote:
I LOVE DOT.TK

First of all
--- this is for the general people
if your not smart enough to
---READ THE CONTROL PANEL IN ITS ENTIRETY---

then you dont deserve a redirecton service

1. the ads.. THEY CAN BE REMOVED... simply go to the cpanel click on the advertising ad option, click the last option and click continue. it takes around 1-2 mintues to update (this is a web redirection after all) and done
i got mine to work in less than 5 minutes. Not Only does it Redirect the url but you can set up up to 5- 8 e-mail redirections aswell, and it can be a hook for chat rooms i mean cmon what more do you want?
i have it Redirecting to google for now untill i get my heads up for the space here
*you can change the redirection adress at any time.. and you can have many redirecting domains under one single account. out of all the options in the admins list dot.tk is the best itsonly requirement is that 25 people ACTUALY visit ur redirected page. i mean if you cant muster 25 people with enough interest to visit your site monthly...do you think it even deserves a full domain...enough said

*pats dot.tk in the back and tells it not to be sad by the insults the puny people have said about him... "its all right my friend its all right... carry on"

There is one known problem about that. After a period of six months, Dot TK places an ad on your site, and you can NOT get rid of it. That hasn't happened to me, and hopefully it won't happen. And about the email redirects, I used to use them. However, after testing it, it did not work 67% of the time.

The only reason I use .tk is because it is the only free top level domain. (.co.nr is a subdomain). When it works, it's fine. However, it still is REALLY annoying when it doesn;t. (Which is common).
MYP415
I suggest you stay away from .tk because it has many problems like users not able to access .tk domains, speed problems, and account deletion. I suggest using uni.cc (www.uni.cc) instead; its way more reliable and faster.
aradot
Hi everybody
I use dot.tk and it is very great I never had problem with dot.tk about the advertisment you all are right the adv. is very annoying but you can remove it by login to your dot.tk and select dot.tk linker promo then continue then select 3rd choice. Then all adv. will be removed.
Thanks.
Josso
I discourage any use of .TK because it is awful in my experience Laughing. However, you could try switching user agents (I think this is doable in Firefox along with a few other browsers. I'm an IE man myself... unfortunatly). For Firefox you can use the User Agent Switcher (avalible here: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/59/). You'll have to add it to plugins or the appropriate directory (I forget). But then just install it in Firefox then reboot. You can switch between user agents and see if that helps. Infact if you are already using this plugin and using your own custom user agent this may be the problem Wink.

Bit of a stab in the dark but I can't think of any other reason.

Oh yes I can. Try moving cookies down to medium or medium high. If they are too tight you might not be able to register.
Jayfarer
dot tk is fine if you're not creating a serious website, I think. But otherwise, it's slow and unwieldy. I even like uni.cc better than dot tk.
manum
I hated .tk for it's ads and slowliness hence made a service like it for my own

try it out it's free and better that .tk

do visit www.a2b.in to get something like urname.a2b.in for FREE!!!
Dakafall
I have never had a problem with dot.tk but I am going to try co.nr and see if it is any better, it looks a lot more professional than dot.tk and there are absolutely no ads, but there has to be some sort of catch but I might be wrong.
william
It's official, I hate Dot TK. Previously I mentioned the known problem of not being able to remove ads, now the ads are permanant on my site. There is no longer an option to get rid of it. I'll be reverting back to .co.nr or start using Afraid.org.
izhar_saifi
yes I hate dot.tk too because whenever i want to access my page it says "Could not find the page"...........
aningbo
i hate those advertisements and popups and etc etc... i just hate it...
izhar_saifi
aningbo wrote:
i hate those advertisements and popups and etc etc... i just hate it...

Yes I also hate advertisements.....those are so irritating... Mad
secondeye
if you want to register a shor url free domain then try www.cydots.com and http://www.unonic.com/

here it give free domain like www.bluespot.net.tf and www.bluespot.net.tf and choose you like.. I register my domain name since 1 years and still didn't get any trouble from their server always update and cool. the one important thing is that it allows our own ads like google adsense and commission junction ads.
bulek
I own one redirection domain on dot.tk and I have no ads so I have nothing against them. Why don't I have ads? When I registered myself, there was also a option in settings to disable ads, so I disabled them. I'm not sure if it still exists for new users but take a few minutes and check out the settings in your user profile. Maybe there is still that option Wink
aningbo
bulek wrote:
I own one redirection domain on dot.tk and I have no ads so I have nothing against them. Why don't I have ads? When I registered myself, there was also a option in settings to disable ads, so I disabled them. I'm not sure if it still exists for new users but take a few minutes and check out the settings in your user profile. Maybe there is still that option Wink

whats the link name???? i cant get that option anymore!!!
powers1983
All the people complaining about .tk seem not to understand what it is.

When you go to www.yoursite.tk all it does is redirect to wherever you tell it.

I set one up and had it ad free in less than half an hour. If it is not displaying then maybe you have not got it pointing to the right place?

The TOS state that if you get more than 1000 visitors a month then the ads will return so maybe that is your problem?

Its not perfect but hey, its free. And if it helps a small island to gain some publicity and possibly earn enough money to feed themselves then so much the better.

David.
aningbo
oh well i cant help restricting ppl to stop visiting my website Sad lolz

planning to buy a domain.
silverdown
You shouldn't hate, dislike is more better! It is!
aningbo
my website niumai.tk is INFECTED with ads from dot.tk

aningbo.frih.net is perfect without ads
TurkishGamer
I hate the ads. There was a way to take it off a few months ago, but now they took that capability off. .Tk is also much sloweor now adays. I wonder if its because of the ads.
secondeye
recently the dot.tk domain name is very Odd and have a very ugly top banneron his every domain, 2 weeks ago i register a domain name from dot.tk it has no banner from the starting, but when i register a new domain today, its give a very big large banner at the top of my page messing my whole web design. Well is there any domain name on which there no ads no popups no toolbar add for download? did u know any domain name for free?
hicham_the_webmaster
Dislike & Hate Very Happy

No, simply, it's a poor redirection system ... there are better alternatives.
web_harman
ok first i used to think that it is great because i didnt hae money to buy one

but now when i have money i think i dislike dot..tk
justy
earlier i hav .tk account...that time they had option 2 host without adds.. but now they remove the option..
So, now there is force adds..

That's why i switch 2 co.nr, lot's of new features

no adds, favicon option etc...

just great..

Very Happy
w3axa
I like also dot.tk .Maybe in the past they had problems with the dk domains but in the present everything is ok