FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Film about Hacker.

osbits
Were there any films about hacker except Matix?
mtoni
uuhm yup.. Swordfish is one of them ( i think)

It's about a hacker who works for maffia dude
Sappho
mtoni wrote:

Swordfish isn't too much of a hacker movie, even thou there are hackers, the main theme is not about computers nor hackers.

Hackers
Takedown
Antitrust

Those are some pretty good examples of hacker movies, even thou i am not much into such movies i did enjoy Antitrust a lot.
ylmun
How about Sneakers?
Kaneda
WarGames, of course, is a classic. Ghost in the Shell (Kôkaku Kidôtai - an anime) might be considered a film about a hacker too. And "23" (German film from 1998) is a good one, based on real events.
soldeinvierno
mtoni wrote:

Swordfish is not a movie!!! It only has a good starting scene and after five minutes all the movie interest is over. But the initial Travolta speech and what comes after that is really cool Exclamation
HDirtwater
ylmun wrote:
How about Sneakers?

Sneakers was one of my most pleasant surprises in a movie theatre. I went not knowing anything about it, and loved every minute of it.

Wargames was one of (if not "the") first computer hacking movies. Just looking at the hardware in it makes me laugh.
ylmun
soldeinvierno wrote:
mtoni wrote:

Swordfish is not a movie!!! It only has a good starting scene and after five minutes all the movie interest is over. But the initial Travolta speech and what comes after that is really cool Exclamation

Not True, Not True, Not True!!!!!!! The scene with Haile Berry topless made it worth my admission. Cool

I think it was one of her final topless scenes because after she won the Oscar for best actress, she said she will never do another topless scene. I knew the oscars were evil.
Becky
A film with like a computer hacker in??

Well theres a film called 'the core', with a computer hacker called 'Rat' plays a large part. Its a great film. Heres a better summary:
http://imdb.com/title/tt0298814/
mayur
angelina jolie in 'hackers'

that was a good film but the climax was overdone with poor graphics....
GProject
soldeinvierno wrote:

A bit harsh to call it 'not a movie' - I think it's pretty good fun. It certainly opens very strongly, and that's a hard thing to keep up for the whole running time, but it isn't all bad. And they use the non-linear story idea well, even if it is a tab overused these days.

Could you call Johnny Mnemonic a hacking movie? Maybe not, but it has Keanu Reeves as a walking large-capacity data storage unit - how can you turn that down?
isabelblond
I was thinking Johnny Mnemonic myself. Haha, fantastic ride, all the way through, really. I might have to assume that when the hollywood execs sit down to flesh out a hacker movie, they've [at this point in his career] already revolved the movie around Keanau Reeves.

cheers
biffb
The Net is a little bit about hacking....
ylmun
Hmmmmm,

I just realized. Was 'Tron' about hacking? It would be considered stupid and archaic by today's standards, but back then, my dad told me it was really cool.
GProject
I've just recently watch another movie that is about hacking: Superman III

It's completely stupid though, and everything that they make computers do is totally crazy - especially considering the movie cam out in 1982! Richard Pryor designs a computer that can do anything in this movie. Anything - that means if you can think it, the computer can do it. What the hell? He can't even get a job at the start of the movie.
Farhad
Antitrust is the best to start with... Then move to Sneakers and last for a good old belly laugh about how stupid hollywood impressions of Hacker culture is... watch Hackers... If not for comedic value catch it to see Angelina Jolie pretend to be a female l337 h4x0r.
tkGER
I just love that show. The only thing I could say is not that great are the guests... there are some that just don't get the escence of the program and cannot catch up with the other guys... A very hard thing to do.
My favourite show was when Robin Williams appeared. The show IS Robin Williams, anyone who has seen mork & mindy will understand what I mean. Wink
tkGER
Embarassed That reply was meant for another theme, too many topics together
Ok, here's the reply intended for these topic.

Matrix was one of the lasts hacker's movies. There are lots of other hacker movies. My favourite is certainly 23 (Zwei und Dreissig). It's a german movie, but I loved it.
But you really didn't search much. There's a film called "Hacker" Laughing
Most of the films are "independent" films and do not have much budget, but there are still some good ones, although they went on withouth much fame or glory Cool