FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Panckaes or Waffles?






What do you prefer?
Pancakes
51%
 51%  [ 18 ]
Waffles
48%
 48%  [ 17 ]
Total Votes : 35

hack_man_
This is a topic that has been posted on the Albino Blacksheep forums and the results were very close.

What do you prefer: Pancakes or Waffles?

EDIT

I mean in terms of taste, not making them. Razz
Tatsumaru
Pancakes, because they are easier to make for myself (I don't eat the already prepared stuff) without crappy ingredients like sugar Cool
GameFreak
I like waffles even though they use up a lot more dough as they taste better and have a better shape. By the way, ar eyou a cook, Tatsumaru?
Aiz
Wow with my vote now there's a tie XD

I prefer waffles since they have a fluffier texture. =P Pancakes aren't bad either but I always liked fluffy stuff (take my pom pom dog for example XD and no I didn't eat him, although he is edible....i digress >.>; )
Sappho
I prefer not to post topics against forum rules Wink

Rules wrote:

As of now, all posts relating to the following topics will be considered spam and locked and deleted accordingly.

5. Something or Something Posts. Basically, any post comparing something to something else, or asking which of the two is better.
HoboPelican
Sappho wrote:
I prefer not to post topics against forum rules Wink

Rules wrote:

As of now, all posts relating to the following topics will be considered spam and locked and deleted accordingly.

5. Something or Something Posts. Basically, any post comparing something to something else, or asking which of the two is better.



An excellent point.

<edit>
I locked this for a bit, but as long as the posts don't degenerate to spam, I think we can keep it open. So please, when you post, go into some detail.Wink


And thus I will add my own thoughts. Wink

I love both! Depends on my mood. Sometimes I just love a crunchy waffle. Powdered sugar, Preserves...Ymmmmm.

Other times I just like a fluffy pancake and maple syrup.
now that I think about it, what other syrups do you put on your waffles and Pancakes?


@Sappho - Now tell me, pancakes or waffles? Very Happy
Sappho
HoboPelican wrote:
I locked this for a bit, but as long as the posts don't degenerate to spam, I think we can keep it open. So please, when you post, go into some detail.Wink


Its not just this topic degenerating to spam, its also that this will encourage others to create similar "comparing" topics. But i guess you have it under control. Wink

HoboPelican wrote:
@Sappho - Now tell me, pancakes or waffles? Very Happy


Definitely pancakes, with chocolate and whipped cream, sometimes a little ice cream. I am not much into sweets but i think i am going to have some pancakes right now. Wink
Hammy
Pancakes!!.. cause u can put besically anything on them lol .. And they taste nicer.

Whats the point in this?
jabapyth
i dont know...
i really like both, but rght now i feel like waffles.
it depends on if there made well or not.
lunatic07
Well for myself i choose waffles, because there easier to make for me, and still taste very good. Thats why i pick waffles instead of pancakes Very Happy
kung_fu_stu
First of all I disagree with whomever said that waffles where fluffier; have you even had both. Having said that I like how Pancakes are more fluffy than Waffles, but I like how waffles have little grooves to hold the butter and syrup. I would have to say it's a tie. Despite the diferences they are the same batter just cooked two different ways, so who cares.
william
Simple...Waffles. To me, pancakes from the store are terrible. Razz Though, homemade are fine. Waffles have better taste and shape.
Tatsumaru
GameFreak wrote:
I like waffles even though they use up a lot more dough as they taste better and have a better shape. By the way, ar eyou a cook, Tatsumaru?


Haha that depends, I do prepare all my meals myself. I still live with my parents and all, but I eat seperated from them... 6/7 meals a day too (I'm an athlete / I need proper nutrition and stuff), so I spend a lot of time in the kitchen. Sometimes I like to get fancy with my food and make something special (protein pancakes are excellent when training for muscle mass for one, haha). But no, I'm not really a cook. I just cook for myself.
SerendipityRose
I like pancakes better because they are easier to make and softer & fluffier!
linexpert
It all depends on my mood. I'll list some pros and cons of both
Pancakes:
pros:
-they're not very chewy
-to some people they're fun to make
-easy to add anything you want in them
cons:
-takes time to make
-you actually have to mix all the ingrediants
-i can't flip them properly
-the syrup slides off since there's nothing to hold it on there
Waffles:
pros:
-easy to make, pop it in the toaster
-can get really crispy if you like crispy
-the little boxes on the top help keep syrup and butter in
cons:
-can get really chewey sometimes

They are close but my vote waffles because of the little boxes that hold the syrup on there. Very Happy
HoboPelican
linexpert wrote:
...
Waffles:
pros:
-easy to make, pop it in the toaster
-can get really crispy if you like crispy
-the little boxes on the top help keep syrup and butter in
cons:
-can get really chewey sometimes

They are close but my vote waffles because of the little boxes that hold the syrup on there. Very Happy


Very Happy
linexpert, some of us make our own waffles, too! I mix the batter, not quite the same as pancake batter, add my blueberries and pour it on the waffle gridle.

The frozen waffles aren't bad, but fresh are better, IMHO.
thim
Waffles >>>>>>>> pancakes. But if I were to make either, which I don't, it would be pancakes because I don't have a waffle iron.
Mac
Pancakes are... Jeasus they are the same aren't they.
eku53ru
I personally would prefer waffles, too; perhaps it was the way my mother (and restaurants) made them, but I never really liked pancakes. But then agan, I've only tried fresh pancakes and frozen/premade waffles.

I like how you can put all sorts of filling into the waffles' holes. It makes tasting it a whole different experience to me.
meet in rio
Pancakes. You don't need fancy equipment to make them at home, and they're soft and easy to eat.

Besides which, they have a quasi-holiday (Pancake Day/Shrove Tuesday) attached to them, which makes then all the more fantastic.

Also, I know we're not really meant to be discussing the creation process, but I like flipping pancakes. Very Happy
[FuN]goku
waffles are yummy pancakes taste like mushy bread with crap xD
HoboPelican
meet in rio wrote:
Pancakes. You don't need fancy equipment to make them at home, and they're soft and easy to eat.

Besides which, they have a quasi-holiday (Pancake Day/Shrove Tuesday) attached to them, which makes then all the more fantastic.

Also, I know we're not really meant to be discussing the creation process, but I like flipping pancakes. Very Happy



Hmm, living in the US midwest, I've never heard of Pancake Day!? Sounds like a delightful holiday, but I'm clueless as to what it is about.

I was going to correct you about not discussing the process, but then I noticed that Hackman edited his first post. Too bad, the process is as important to the liking as the items themselves.
Soulfire
I really like waffles, while the prep may be a bit more involved, the taste and texture in the end is like Heaven in your hand. Sometimes I'll smother it in some peanut butter, other times just syrup, either way - it's AWESOME.
DianaCoelho
when i think of soft, delicious and creamy pancakes i just forget about what surrounds me!... isn't it great when you eat something that makes you full for the rest of the day?..lol pancakes rule!!...
Aless
I've always liked pancakes more. Who knows? You can put the exact same toppings on a waffle & they have a cool shape!
- strawberry
- lingenberry
- maple
- butter
- powdered sugar
- blueberry
- raspberry
- cherry

I also love cr๊pes. They are more versatile than American pancakes. Go to Paris in the winter someday & you'll see what I mean. Heavenly.
Ratman2050
Pancakes FTW. Look waffles are sometimes hard, but pancakes are soft and chewy. Besides all the toppings go good with pancakes.
Ghost Rider103
I perfer waffels because all you have to do is put them in the toaster and then put whatever you want on them, so my vote goes for waffels! Im gonna go have some waffels right now actually Razz
Ratman2050
Ghost Rider103 wrote:
I perfer waffels because all you have to do is put them in the toaster and then put whatever you want on them, so my vote goes for waffels! Im gonna go have some waffels right now actually Razz


So what, You actually have to wait for waffles, and check if they burn. Isnt it easier to press 45 sec on the microwave. Well I think my sister is making brownies right now lol Wink
HoboPelican
HAH!
I just got back from our State Fair, where I had my yearly funnel cake.

For those poor souls who don't know what a Funnel cake is, it's like a thin pancake mix that is poured into a funnel. The funnel is moved over a deep fryer and the mix running out of the funnel makes a nest-like mess in the hot oil. You take this fried dough and top it with powdered sugar, whipped cream, ice cream or fruit toppings.
OMG. It is just heavenly Very Happy


mwilson82
I can't believe waffles are losing! They are much better! Lets get more votes for waffles!
SusieSmacktard
Gotta have a nice hot buttered waffle any day. I just don't like pancakes as much.
nazty
I prefer Pancakes. But with syrup please...
bdoneck
Waffles have a much better taste in my opinion and their texture is much less dry than that of a pancake, which always leaves the roof of my mouth as dry as the sahara
Related topics
How The Waffle Came to Be.
Last Day of Work
hi
What is your favorite cartoon.
to be a Republican...
Hamster Lovers?
What's great about your country?
Invader Zim!
The RISE of Islam!!
Know because of TV
What about a fry-up?
a question for all atheist friends.
The Once and Future King, TH White
Funny Songs
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> General -> General Chat

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.