FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Sunbird

noliver
Very Happy
As some of you may/may not know I live on a farm and down here in the southern hemisphere we are now getting close to spring. That means a lot of young animals/birds are being born. This is a photo of a Sunbird chick. The fleshy part is my finger and not a wurm! like someone thought the other day when I showed it to her.

Sunbird males ( not sure if this chick is a male or female) grow up to be about 12.5 cms high and have metallic green plumage with a red breast. The females are gray.

Helios
I wouldn't say it looks cute.. rather revengeful Razz
noliver, it's looking at you like it's going to make a hole in your finger any second Laughing
noliver
Helios wrote:
I wouldn't say it looks cute.. rather revengeful Razz
noliver, it's looking at you like it's going to make a hole in your finger any second Laughing

Hehehe Helios Smile Noooo Sunbirds are really cute Smile Hmm, maybe this is not a sunbird but and evil imposter !
Helios
It's probably one of Bondings' minions.
He sends evil Sunbirds to attack our moderators, so he could implent new ones instead Razz

Oh, forget about it...
Ghost900
Ya I have never seen one of those before but I am not a Moderator so that must be why. It is a cute bird anyway Exclamation
Annush_K
That grumpyness expression is so cute! Very Happy
jazrt
it would be a hell of a feed if it was a worm he he he
ramesh_nim
Nice picture
skynet
hehehe nice picture.. u got her??
noliver
Well the really sad news is that the Sunbird passed away and went to birdie heaven. We had some really bad storms over here and I guess the mother-bird could not get to the nest or something like that. On examining the corpse I could see the green plumage just starting to show - so it would have been a male. Crying or Very sad Oh well, thats nature for you.
ramesh_nim
Very nice dude..
Vanquish
Such a shame, but hey, it happens to everyone, even animals. I've taken a liking to birds a bit, I think they are cute. I really like ones that can talk. (I know these aren't common birds found in the wild lol).

Neal
dickyzin
What happened to this bird now? Any more pictures? I like seeing newly hatched birds.