FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

who is hungry?

shellyrise
Let's talk about food......
post your favorite recipes and tell us about what food you like at most....?

for example, i like this one:

White Chocolate Hot Cocoa
=================

4 ounces white chocolate, chopped
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
14 ounces milk
2 ounces cream
3 pieces star anise

Place the chopped chocolate and vanilla in a mixing bowl. In a saucepan heat together milk, cream and star anise until boiling. Pour over chocolate and whisk well to melt. Strain into mugs to remove star anise.
HoboPelican
I love food, as some of you may have noticed.
Unfortuanately, I seldom use a recipe and constantly change
how I make dishes. Drives my wife nuts, because I usually can't
duplicate a dish that she liked. Confused

It hardly counts as a recipe, but lately I've gone nuts over a
certain fruit combo. White grapes, watermelon and fresh pineapple.
Just cut up a fresh Pineapple, wash a bag of grapes and slice up a melon. Lordy, those flavors just are perfect for me.
hazaramat
I, am hungry!
and live in Afghanistan for 5 month... what a pain.
I have to say: post conflicts countries have real culinary problems. And poor countries have such a bad taste concerning foods (these people only eat the things they can afford, and that's mainly oil and bread!! I told you, such a bad taste they have).

here's my receipe:

Afghan breakfast:
1. boil water
2. pour water on dry grass, in a tea pot.
call it a "tea".
3. mix water, flour and dust (and sand if you have)
4. cook this paste in an oven fed with dryed animal shit.
call it the "bread".
don't use jam nor nutella.

enjoy!!
mstreet
Easy Trifle Recipe and a Good one to

Individual Quick English Trifle

4 1/2 ounces (135 grams) raspberry gelatine
8 (1-centimeter) slices ready made sponge or Madeira cake
A good glug sweet Sherry
15 ounces (425 millilitres) ready made custard
6 ounces (175 grams) tinned mandarins
A few drops vanilla extract
1/2 pint (275 millilitres) double cream (heavy cream), lightly whipped
A small block good quality chocolate
Make the gelatine by following the instructions on the side of the packet. Pour into a dish and leave. Once the gelatine is set, roughly chop.
Put 2 pieces of cake into the bottom of each glass. Drizzle with the sherry and pour half of the custard over the cake and sherry. Spoon the gelatine over the custard, and then add the mandarins. Cover with the rest of the custard, drizzle with a little vanilla, and cover with the whipped cream. Scrape the chocolate with a sharp knife for shavings to top the lot.
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Inactive Prep Time: 2 hours
Cook Time: 3 minutes
Difficulty: Easy
mstreet
I love baking and cooking. I think this is a great topic.
Here is my ultimate favourite cupcakes that my mother makes for me when I go and visit her.

Chocolate Cheesecake Cupcakes:

8 oz cream cheese
1 egg
1/3 cup sugar
pinch salt
1 cup chocolate chips

Cream the above first 4 ingredients all together and then stir in chocolate chips. Set aside.

1 1/2 cup flour
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup cocoa
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup water
1/3 cup oil (not olive oil)
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp vinegar

Sift together dry ingredients. If you don't have a sifter just combine. Add water, oil, vanilla and vinegar and beat until smooth. Fill each muffin tin (lined with a paper liner) 1/3 full of mixture and drop a large spoonful of cream cheese mixture on top.

Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 min. Makes 20-22 cupcakes.

Freezes well.
HoboPelican
mstreet wrote:
Easy Trifle Recipe and a Good one to

Individual Quick English Trifle

I was afraid that as going to be the Recie from "Friends". The Beef Trifle Laughing
Yours sounds much better!

If only our house was not on a diet.... Crying or Very sad
Motoracer380
i like peanut butter and grape jelly...its a classic
HoboPelican
Made this again the other night. Pretty easy and pretty good.

Crab Cakes

1 egg (I use eggbeaters, but that's me)
2 Tablespoons Miracle Whip
Green onion tops (use judgement)
2 teaspoons of Old Bay Seasoning (or similar)
at least 1/4 teaspoon ofHot red pepper sauce (or to taste)
1 lb crab meat. ( I use the fake stuff, since I live in Ohio)
4 Teaspoons milk ( I used skim)
10 saltines finely crushed
6 tablespoons oil ( I use extra virgin olive)

Mix the egg, Miracle Whip, onions, old bay and hot sauce in a small bowl.

Break up the crab meat in a medium bow. Add the milk and mix to coat the meat. Add the satline crumbs and mix lightly. Now mix in the egg mixture.

I use a 1/3 cup spoon to get the right amount of mix and squeeze the bejezzus out of it. Wink While squeezing, form into a patty. Set aside on plate and continue.

Heat a large pan with the oil. Medium heat. Add cakes and cook each side for about 3 minutes. Remove and drain on a paper towel.

Makes about 7-8 for me. Total calories for the mix seems to come out to about 1120 for my ingrediants, so I just divide that by how every many I get.

Side dish is up to you, but we stuffed some mushrooms and queen-sized olives with gorgonzola cheese.

One of my favorites!
Traveller
HoboPelican wrote:

Having worked at a Wolfgang Puck's café, I noticed that crab cakes (called "Puck's pucks" on the menu) used Panko (Japanese breadcrumbs). They were out of this world, and were garnished with a red-pepper coulis. YUM!
HoboPelican
Traveller wrote:
HoboPelican wrote:

Having worked at a Wolfgang Puck's café, I noticed that crab cakes (called "Puck's pucks" on the menu) used Panko (Japanese breadcrumbs). They were out of this world, and were garnished with a red-pepper coulis. YUM!

I've seen Panko mentioned on a few shows and have finally located in my local store. I'll try that next time.

The Red Pepper Coulis I had to look up. I had never heard of Coulis before. It sounds tasty and I'll let you know how it turns out for me!
Traveller
HoboPelican wrote:
I've seen Panko mentioned on a few shows and have finally located in my local store. I'll try that next time.

Once you use Panko, you'll want to use it for everything. It's not usually seasoned, so it's not the flavour that's special, but the texture: it has the absolutely perfect crunch without requiring the jaws of life to bite through it.

HoboPelican wrote:
The Red Pepper Coulis I had to look up. I had never heard of Coulis before. It sounds tasty and I'll let you know how it turns out for me!

Try http://www.recipezaar.com/105112, and just make the Coulis part (steps 17-20).
standready
You people are making me hungry!! Think I will go and fix some crab cakes and white chocolate hot cocoa. I think I will skip Afghan breakfast though. I am off to tyr and find some Panko.
Rico
hazaramat wrote:
I, am hungry!
and live in Afghanistan for 5 month... what a pain.
I have to say: post conflicts countries have real culinary problems. And poor countries have such a bad taste concerning foods (these people only eat the things they can afford, and that's mainly oil and bread!! I told you, such a bad taste they have).

here's my receipe:

Afghan breakfast:
1. boil water
2. pour water on dry grass, in a tea pot.
call it a "tea".
3. mix water, flour and dust (and sand if you have)
4. cook this paste in an oven fed with dryed animal ****.
call it the "bread".
don't use jam nor nutella.

enjoy!!

Ha – very funny. Laughing My favorite is Chicken a la landmine with chilly and bread.
NooBix
I'd have a rib eyed steak medium well pls... Laughing
jasmine
I'm always hungry. People at the office always ask me where the food goes because I don't seem to add a pound. LOL

I just say I have fast metabolism, which I think is true.

As of the moment, I am craving for a three layered chocolate cake from goldilocks bakeshop. Very Happy
scotty
12 weet bix and about 700ml of milk. breakfast of champions!
Ozzy
This thread is making me hungry!

Lasagna Recipe

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

* 8 ounces lasagna noodles
* 1 pound lean ground beef
* 1/2 cup chopped onion
* 8 ounces mushrooms, optional
* 1 jar (about 16 ounces) spaghetti sauce, your favorite
* 1 teaspoon garlic powder
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1 teaspoon dried leaf oregano, crumbled
* 1/2 teaspoon dried leaf basil, crumbled
* 1 1/2 cups ricotta cheese
* 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
* 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
merenkavijat
Here are very god recipe
Butterscotch Brownies

NGREDIENTS

* 1/4 cup butter, softened
* 1 cup packed brown sugar
* 1 egg
* 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
* 1 teaspoon baking powder
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
* 2 tablespoons butter, softened
* 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
* 2 tablespoons milk
* 1 cup confectioners' sugar

DIRECTIONS

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease an 8x8 inch baking pan.
2. In a medium bowl, cream together 1/4 cup butter and 1 cup brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; stir into the sugar mixture. Mix in the walnuts. Spread evenly into the prepared pan.
3. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until the brownies start to pull away from the sides of the pan. Cool completely before frosting.
4. To make the frosting, combine 2 tablespoons butter, 1/4 cup brown sugar and milk in a small saucepan over medium- high heat. Bring to a boil and simmer for 2 minutes. Remove from heat, cool and beat in the confectioners' sugar. Adjust the milk or confectioners' sugar if necessary to achieve a good spreading consistency. Spread over cooled bars and let set before cutting into squares.
James007
Yes, I've seen this. This is it! This is the end!
(quoted from "The Matrix Revolutions")

As this is a topic generating a huge amount of copy paste posts, it is getting closed.

-closed-