FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Samurai X

einstein
i watch Samurai X regularly and really love it. does anybody else watch this show??? pls tell me...
juliox
Nice Anime i would suggest you to wacth over the OVAs, there are 4 OVAs that tells you the begginig of Kenshin, and there are 2 more OVAs that tell you what happen at the end of the series...
urbanbuddha
juliox wrote:
Nice Anime i would suggest you to wacth over the OVAs, there are 4 OVAs that tells you the begginig of Kenshin, and there are 2 more OVAs that tell you what happen at the end of the series...

I agree whole-heartedly. The rurouni kenshin series is an amazing anime, well it was my first anime that got me hooked, alongside the Ah! My Goddess OVA.

Though in my opinion, I think they rushed the ending too quickly. Possibly the reason why there was a 2 part OVA in the end.
jasmine
The First OAV (Kenshin and Tomoe) is simply the best! It is one of the most acclaimed and most recognized anime OAVs of all time! You've just got to see it!
jenus
Laughing i do agrees that the first OVA is the best, i guess i would like the series to be like the OVa what i guess that is just a mere dream, but the first OVA rulez
exarkun
Samurai X has a good, as well as sad storyline. However, I prefer more to Samurai Deep. It can be on par with Samurai X.
jasmine
jenus wrote:
Laughing i do agrees that the first OVA is the best, i guess i would like the series to be like the OVa what i guess that is just a mere dream, but the first OVA rulez

I think the series is good on its own. After the heavy atmosphere of the OVA, the lightness and comedy parts of the series balances it out.

And also, the series shows the playful and light side of Kenshin Himura, which goes against the assasin in him.

The balance between the two genres is actually awesome. Very Happy
jenus
Yes, you are right everything is about a balance of kenshin...
einstein
yeah, the first OVA is good...
Reiji
Rurouni Kenshin (Samurai X) was one of the first anime Ive saw. I was really good, just a few of todays anime are as good as Samurai X.

I havent found the ovas yet, but Im looking into them.
Zenrei
einstein wrote:
i watch Samurai X regularly and really love it. does anybody else watch this show??? pls tell me...

i would very much apreciate it if you would call this manga/anime for the remainder of the post as Rurouni Kenshin for calling it Samurai X is just shamefull :/
Shewolf
I saw Samurai X (Rurouni Kenshin) ages ago, not as a serie but as a movie. It's one of the most beautiful movies I have ever seen.
einstein
Zenrei wrote:
einstein wrote:

i would very much apreciate it if you would call this manga/anime for the remainder of the post as Rurouni Kenshin for calling it Samurai X is just shamefull :/

lol........OK, i will call him Rurouni Kenshin in future. Very Happy
ashen
Rurouni Kenshin is a cool series!
Its have a good storyline and characters.
But the anime ending are different with the manga.
The movie and OVAs are so cool too.
Kurosaki-Ichigo
Its not bad. I used to watch it. It ends really quick though. Isnt that the one where theres a boy and then a monster kills all his family and the boy goes after him when he grows up ?
Reiji
Guess what? A friend of mine has the series complete!!! Im going to borrow it from him and watch it again. Very Happy
Raijenki
Rurouni Kenshin Series rockz...
My father don't liked too much to me watch it, he thinks that's so violent....
BUT, OMG!!! RUROUNI KENSHIN WILL BE WITH ME TO THE REST OF MY LIFE!

I don't watched the OVAs, only the movie =)
VFisa
great film!! i really like it. Cool Laughing Crying or Very sad Rolling Eyes
ColdFire
Quote:
Guess what? A friend of mine has the series complete!!! Im going to borrow it from him and watch it again. Very Happy

Hey, any chance you could upload it to RapidShare or MegaUpload? Very Happy
Also loved that series very much... tHe last episode i watched was wen kenshi fought his former teacher & i think he killed him during that fight! so sad. Crying or Very sad
The Phoenix
It might be a dumb qn to ask here, but umm... Wht the hell is an OVA??

Oh and by the way, Samurai X (Rorouni Kenshin) is definitely 1 the the best anime out there.

Cool
jasmine
OVA means Original Video Animation.

These are 'movies' or special episodes that aren't shown together with its series. Smile
themarauder
Kenshin's totally the best ... especially in battousai mode. Of course later when he learns the Hiten succession moves, and realizes that he has to fight for himself as well, he doesn't need to go all-killing mode 'n all. Rolling Eyes
scimitarmoon
It's one of my favorite animes to this day, even though it was one of the first I saw. Very Happy
koga1211
Watched it several times and own the TV box sets and love them both ^_^