FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

getbackers!

einstein
does anyone here watch GetBackers??
QrafTee
I have heard of it because my younger cousin watches it, I tried to get ahold of some episodes, but I haven't found a source for them just yet. Is it any good?
einstein wrote:
does anyone here watch GetBackers??
urbanbuddha
I did... damn, I hated the ending!!! I mean why?!?!!

Anyways, after that venting... when or if you finish the series, I suggest you read the manga afterwards. You'll know why Wink
jasmine
I did! But the ending was so open-ended! What really happened? Can anyone give me a hint?

The only theory I can think of is they kept the secret of Infinite City still a mystery. They don't want others to get to know it.

But still, what happened there?!
carlokes
This is one of the best animes i've ever seen. Its full of action from the begining to the end, awesome characters and a fantastic story. It has 49 episodes so it is guarantted that you will have some fun for quite a time.

I really recommend that if you have the chance to watch this anime dont hesitate for a single second because every second worths it.
einstein
i have downloded all 49 episodes, and i keep watching them from time to time!! Wink
Traveller
This is one where I loved the concept, but hated how they carried it out. No matter how much I have tried to like the series, I just have not been able to do so, yet I had such great hopes for it.

It just goes to show that one's expectations and preconceived notions do not, necessarily, predetermine one's conclusion. The same thing (but in reverse) was true about Initial-D and GTO: Great Teacher Onizuka: before watching them, I thought I would NOT like them, but I wound up loving them.
Revvion
This is one good anime, and i dont say that ofthen Razz really nice story fun characters, but indeed an open end and i dont like open ends
orochimaruSanin
Well as long as the story is good and entertaining i dont mind such endings. Well who knows maybe the Getbackers will get reborn and come back again to entertain us.
Well dont mind me, i am just under the influence of Ban's evil eye ^_^
einstein
yeah, The Evil Eye. even i am under its influence!!! well, maybe you are right - Getbackers may come back, and even i agree that endings don't matter if the story is good. Very Happy
Kurosaki-Ichigo
One of the best Animes ive ever seen. Its really good. Funny-Lots of action and a little bit of romance. By the way ive only started and i think its good.

You can watch the episodes online on www.keiichianimeforever.com . Really good site for anime. Razz
worldoftoons
i like Surprised
urbanbuddha
Like a few people said before me, the ended was a complete disappointment.

The reason was that the anime was closing its deal, so they had to rush the ending.

As for its "open-endedness" it really forces you to read the manga as it continues from the ending w/o the anime's "ending" if you can get what I mean by that.

overall, its was a typical anime, but well worth a watch.
eku53ru
I've heard good things about the GetBackers anime (mostly regarding the content that was removed), but I have yet to see it. I have read a good chunk of the manga up to volume twenty-three. Maybe I'll pick it up the next time I'm at a store.
Darkfall
I'm currently watching this, it's pretty good Smile
trimbaard
No i haven't
jasmine
I also have to mention that the music and soundtrack is good. Very Happy
mtoni
Yup I watched it...

Couple of eps that I didn't like but there are lots of eps that are really cool :p

Almost no fillers too Very Happy
Rebzie
I've seen some of the anime series i've been meaning to read the manga have to pay fine off at the library first though I owe $50. It is a good light hearted anime with the odd darker part.
Dark_Kamui
this is a great anime, very funny and witty, although alot of people dont like the dubbed for this i didnt think it was that bad
Rebzie
Yeah the dubbing in this anime wasn't too bad. Have you has a look at the cometery by the voice actors? Some very funny commets especially about the pink phone that alot of the characters have including genji. I've only seen the first DVD though.
angel_of_death
its a real cool anime when it comes to it, but still not the best. Smile
but i really like the characters.

funny, witty, action packed, awesome story, open end. that abt sums it up Cool

btw, do any of you have pics of the Thunder Emperor??? Confused

i totally love his character Razz
zplitstonez
GetBackers is a nice cartoon show.

I like it's story.
But i prefer Samurai X, very good in graphics and story.

Thankyou.

GOD BLESS

Man + GOD = MAJORITY
remshad
i like this lot
but i never think to stare on it
jwahl16
I remember it used to be on demand and i watched a lot of it but then they cut it before i saw the ending. I think i should start watching it again sometime. The characters were sweet and it had a cool storyline/plot. I think i will look for some eps right now actually....
courtney
One of the most underrated anime ever. I personally really enjoyed it. =D

Kadsuki/Kazuki was the best. Very Happy
jigoku05
Watched this way back when on AXN. This is one of my past favorites. I like ban, he fought Ginji when he's still the Thunder Emperor toe to toe.