You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Creedence Clearwater Revival

I love the old music of Creedence Clearwater Revial, they were a great band that made some timeless music? Anyone remember them ?
Yes CCR was a great band. I have some of their stuff on my Ipod. Down on the Corner and Up around the Bend are very catchy songs.
mistuh griddlez
Bad Moon Rising! Also That Other Song....Rollin' Rollin' Rollin' On A River.
I know CCR because my dad is listens the music of them. There's no many so great artist than John Fogerty. His music is still alive and I think it may live forever.
Bad Moon Rising, Who'll Stop The Rain, I Heard It Through The Grapevine, Have you ever seen the rain etc. etc. are so great and well done songs.
They made great music. I listen to them all them time and that's why I bought a 3 CD set..I consider it a great investment
CCR was great. I remember growing up listening to them. It seems every song they made was a big hit. Up Around the Bend, Who'll Stop the Rain, Lookin' Out My Back Door, Lodi, Travelling Band. My favorite just might be Fortunate Son.
Did you know that John Fogarty had to drop out of the music scene because the recording label they sang for back in the 70s claimed they had the rights to Fogarty's voice! So everytime he sang, they got the money. From what I understand, another label bought out Fantasy Records and dropped the voice thing so John could begin singing again.
I love CCR.
To Phil: Like so many artist, John and crew signed away everything just to be signed. Lesson: READ THE FINE PRINT! Sad the legal mess he went through but great to see John performing again.
CCR Is amazing. It's funny that it's not more well known. Everytime i see any thing relating to vietnam, CCR's Fortune Son automatically plays in my head. Heh. Thats the effect they had on me.
I love this band... Good music.. Makes me smile..
Never like rock/bands but my gf showed me an album of theirs and I really liked it.. Its just really good music.
These guys were incredible together. I've recently bought their "very best" which all those great songs you can't get off your head.
And you've missed one hell of a song!!! Green river!!!!
It's really cool, I love playing it on guitar, although it ain't much elaborated and it's quite simple... but that's the "magic", if you want to call it that way, simple but still awesome. Cool
Oh yeah, I remember CCR, I used to listen to those albums with my Dad in our basement. Timeless and fun to listen to. I only have one of the CD's though, I really should look into a greatest hits, or discography set, I kind of miss listening to that rather unique sound.

Pyro Man
mistuh griddlez wrote:
Bad Moon Rising! Also That Other Song....Rollin' Rollin' Rollin' On A River.

Known as "Proud Mary". I really want this song. Can anybody send it to me?
I love CCR, probably the only band I've liked my whole life, since I was little. My mother would always listen to it, and I'd love the lyrics to Lookin' Out My Backdoor.

Their music is just so awesome.
Royal Charley
CCR has been a personal favorite of mine as well. Most of my friends make fun of me for liking classic rock of their caliber. Of course, they are usually the ones blasting Panic! At The Disco out of their cars, so it's not like their opinion bothers me that much.

Anyway, my favorite CCR song is "Sweet Hitch Hiker". That's a windows-down, tear up the highway kind of song if I have ever heard one.
Great band! One of my favorite tunes of all times is "Run Through the Jungle".
Well, I am young and I wasn't around at the time of CCR, but lately I've gotten ahold of some of their music and I think its really great. I've never been a fan of older music, but I'm starting to get into it more. CCR has really gotten me into other older music.