FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

my blog/bio/article/portfolio site. Whatcha think?

hobbkins
Unscripted (Bubinski Design)
I guess you could call it my webspace.

Tell me whatcha think.

What do you like?
dislike?
would change?
would keep?

Happy critiquing.

BTW, all the coding and design is done entirely by me in notepad (cept lightbox.js, which i highly recommend to all )
eruct
Quote:
...all the coding and design is done entirely by me in notepad...

What about lightbox.js? Very nice site, just make sure you give credit where credit is due.
hobbkins
yikes, lightbox completely skipped my mind. Course the lightbox js files were a free download. Thanks for pointing that out.
plato
Good Work at all!
Your designation and color selection are good.
You have chosen right place for your nice navigation bar.
But the only mistake here is that you have not placed tags for navigation bar pictures. Thus the users whom disabled the picture show option in their browsers would never find and follow your home page links.
Additionally SEOs such as Google or Yahoo use these tags to rank your website.
Well done at all.
benjad
Alot of junk gets posted here.

But this is an awesome site. It looks really professional... I like. Clean code.

There might be one navigational problem, it is very hard to return to the home page. Is that on purpose?
joshumu
It looks really good. You should think about getting a better domain name. Its only like $9 at mydomain.com for a year. But yea, i like your style, we seem to be into some of the same things; photograpy, web design, graphic design. Any intrest in journalism?
hobbkins
The home page started as a splash, and consequently I saw no reason for visitors to go back.

I kept it only for a place to stick my login, where I can sign in as admin and post articles, blogs, etc... a lot of content is dynamic, so I'm proud of that (i only started coding xhtml/css/php a month ago. I did take Comp Sci AB last year tho and 5ed the ap test.) I finally got a really good php book, and am finally realizing its true potential as a C based language.

Thanks for all the comments/positive feedback, I plan on releasing a v.3 before I go back to school in september. I'll get a domain soon, but in the mean time frihost will have to work.

Joshumu: I'm going to be editor in chief of my school's yearbook publication. I have a lot of experience with InDesign and Photoshop and do publishing and illustrations as a hobby.